druid thread

Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Moderator: EUO Moderators

eggmceye
hello

druid thread

Post by eggmceye »

:alarm: :nightshade: :alarm: :nightshade: :alarm: DRUIDS: now on ALL SERVERS! :alarm: :nightshade: :alarm: :nightshade: :alarm:

updated 12 Oct, 2018

DRUIDS:
polymorphs:
* rabbit -> fast travel on land
* croc -> a tank for soloing bosses etc
* hydra -> for fast level clearing mage combat: comes with a directional lightning spell (staffs with magic enchants such as VAM will proc when casting)
* wisp -> for teleporting
* shark -> for ocean travel
* mothra -> provides IZH
* snake -> provides INH
* zorn -> provides mountain walk + IVPY

have these magic attacks (sofar)
* thorn whip (ranged attack that does a bit of dmg but drags tgt closer)
* lightning: N,S,E,W or NE, NW, SE, SW, built in hydra only spell
* entangle (it's a ranged AEP)
* croc form has an attack that knocks all enemies back

have these support spells
* can transfer an enchant onto any staff - must be at a shrine
* can speak to plants - more for amusement than anything - I dunno
* can summon treants to help tank/fight for you
* can teleport in wisp mode (and become invisible)
* can heal self over time

other important info
* are stoners - be sure to buy a water pipe
* believe in aliens

To make a new Druid simply create a new character as normal.

To convert to druid, ie, to get some skill points in druidry and polymorphism simply head to Izumi and talk to Daria and Trent.

The multi function druid spell is called Des Ort. It has the following functions depending on what polymorph form you are in:
Croc: knocks back all nearby enemies
Hydra: shoots a lightning bolt in the direction of your choosing
Wisp: teleports in direction of your choosing
Mothra: IZH
Snake: INH
Zorn: quake

You'll find the croc is the tanky form and hydra is the magey form. When in these forms, ie croc/hydra, for max fun, try casting the multifunction spell (Des Ort) immediatly after entangling an enemy. Des Ort combos well with Des An Por.

I don't have any combos yet for the other poly forms' entangles+Des Orts. But croc & hydra is the meat and potatoes.

Water pipe is unavailable for time being.

Druids should go and buy charge, as croc will be using it liberally.

known bugs
* when in shark form you have to unfortunately unpolymorph first before polymorphing again (shark for is actually a mount, you see)

caveats
* don't be surprised if croc & hydra form become higher circle spells
* polymorphism requires druidry- this is mostly of note to NG/weekly players. 50% in poly req at least 50% in druidry
LaughingCoyote
egg has really fucked this game up :(

Re: druid thread

Post by LaughingCoyote »

OMG. Are you launching it now?
Hecate wrote: I feel even more evil than ever, milking cows before killing them.
eggmceye wrote:pretty cool having vigour put in the manual after 14 years X-D
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

no I just poorly photoshopped an image :LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON:
Rumper
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Post by Rumper »

DRUIDS!!!! DRUIDS!!! DRUID!
*catching my breath*
WOW DRIUDDDSSSSSSS!!!!
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Love the bong. Yeah... I can see crops of it everywhere. You need doped up generic townsfolk avatars.
newmagna
buying vamp LS of any kind +5

Post by newmagna »

have croc form double def and have fast and strong attacks, while rabbit cant attack at all(since most points would go to dex i imagine)
or make the croc form the melee dps and create a bull/mino form that has high hp and regen. maybe give crocs poison.
also spell ideas: elemental powers!
stone spike(ranged physical attack(enemy must be on land)
blizzard(cone of slow)
conflagration(5x5 magic attack, hits twice, costs like 80 mana and has 10 sec cooldown)
sand storm(cone blind(kinda like confuse i guess))
geyser(summons an stationary "elemental" that attack adjacent enemies and/or scares them away)
thundercloud(3x3 summon that only randomly attacks(the caster too) but doesnt push anything away, instead it kinda works like a shadow)
mud(makes a patch of land that slows enemies)
Tink

Post by Tink »

I feel like Druids will end up like Necromancers. There will be one clear way to play them without being gimped.
i.e. They were supposed to be dex/int and hexblades, and everyone found int + staff was a better way to go.

If you're really wanting to have druids shapeshift, then give each form some sort of passive to make it more appealing.
Damage should be decent, and maybe give croc form a passive wallop like effect or something, call it swipe and trigger with normal attacks. Give it some class fantasy, and make it useful. I feel like the current iteration will result in people only playing hydra form.

Would be cool to see Hydra form stay caster, but maybe focus on spreading dots around that could trigger your enchanted staff. Since hydras can inflict poison damage (I think).

I also feel like the travel forms will be overkill, why not make one travel for like the drake/bat form that can be used anywhere.

Great start, and really happy to see you actively working on them.
Onyxt
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by Onyxt »

Tink wrote:I feel like Druids will end up like Necromancers. There will be one clear way to play them without being gimped.
i.e. They were supposed to be dex/int and hexblades, and everyone found int + staff was a better way to go.
I believe the stats change to match the form you're in, so they wont be in that situation. Necros are "gimped" because it takes so long to make a hybrid build like that work and the average person is going to get bored of it.
Tink wrote:If you're really wanting to have druids shapeshift, then give each form some sort of passive to make it more appealing.
Damage should be decent, and maybe give croc form a passive wallop like effect or something, call it swipe and trigger with normal attacks. Give it some class fantasy, and make it useful. I feel like the current iteration will result in people only playing hydra form.
If the melee procs the staffs enchant as well then I dont think everyone will go hydra all the time, but I agree giving some more melee moves would help.
Tink wrote:Would be cool to see Hydra form stay caster, but maybe focus on spreading dots around that could trigger your enchanted staff. Since hydras can inflict poison damage (I think).
Hydras dont cause poison when they damage you, they just tend to be put into a swamp.
Comet
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by Comet »

A problem I foresee with forms that respec stats is that respecing into more str/dex greatly reduces MR. While in the late game MR doesn't matter as much, in the early game it means no one will want to switch from hydra form if it suddenly means taking full damage from daemons/dragons. Maybe respec stats, but don't change mr?

Other crazy thoughts:

-Form change heals you, so druids are incentivized to switch forms mid combat. Dual classing increases form change cooldown time.
-Rejuvenate spell: Stand still to gain rapid healing over next few seconds

Form ideas

Reset Form: Resets everything

Hydra Form: Caster form
-Stats unchanged for Hydra Form
-Lightning ability
-etc.

Croc Form: Melee form
-45% dex/45% str/10% int
-Croc ability: Death Roll - like Werewolf's Maul, but also bleeds target, and has cool sound effect
-25% damage reduction from tough hide(like tactics)
-15% extra health
-Infravision

Wisp Form: A teleportation and panic button form
-80% dex/10% str/10% int
+3 NV
-Switching to Wisp form turns you invisible for 20 seconds
-Wisp ability: Teleport (but you leave invis)
-Good at dodging

Angry Shark Form (because why not): An obscure style practiced by a reclusive sect of druids deep in the Tangled Forest
Benefit: You turn into a shark on land
-80%str/10% dex/10% int
-Encumbrance set to 10000/x
-Take constant suffocation damage (same damage as drowning)
-Attacks count as both Barbed and Runed; uses 90/10 ratio
-Charge cooldown time -50% and always gives rage back
-Shark Ability: Blood Bath - req 50 rage. Clone of Thunderclap, except the visual effect is a blood colored Flam Grav strike centered on the main target (instead of earthquake effect)
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

I think druids are going to be full of problems and that the best thing about them, at the moment, is their stoner/alien conspiracy backstory

I actually did a shitload on them last week, even to the point of only requiring one more spell (15 done out of 16) ... new cheesy sfx (sound and gfx) ... what is not yet done is in in my head, so just gotta get enthused and finish them and push them onto alpha
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

btw comet, that's a good post - wisp getting invis is good idea, and so is form change healing - but might be op .... as for rejuvenation,. already did it: it's a HoT but as soon as you take dmg it is removed

tink: crocs (indeed all poly forms if you have the rage) get access to wallop
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

I know it's the most obvious spell in the world but I'm trying to avoid summoning plants and/or tree golems
unless something funky can be done with them, but there is enough summoning already ...
Rumper

Post by Rumper »

Vine whip as in, pulling it closer to you by 1 tile every 3 seconds orso :p This way you can literally drag away a mob all over the map :p
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Probably works similar to monk sieze as far as snaring. Man the longer they smoke the bong the more smoke that fills the room... Pretty soon everyone close is too stoned to do anything productive.

And man, them siren babes from space really want a toke and a lap dance.
newmagna

Post by newmagna »

palm-tree golems that throw coconuts at enemies
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

maybe in the tropical island expansion
Rumper

Post by Rumper »

Them teasers O.o :flame:
Eclips
egg has really fucked this game up :(

Post by Eclips »

Hawk Form. High Melee Dodge Rate, takes extra damage from ranged attacks. Attacks have a chance to blind.
newmagna

Post by newmagna »

Eclips wrote:Hawk Form. High Melee Dodge Rate, takes extra damage from ranged attacks. Attacks have a chance to blind.
and also bleed maybe?
are there any bird sprites in the game actually?
Comet
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by Comet »

There's the Phoenix, Chicken, and Turkey avs.