Some newbie questions

"EUO - Further evidence that Diabloesque games kill real role-playing games."

Moderator: EUO Moderators

HunterAlpha1
Kodiak has probably banned me by now.

Some newbie questions

Post by HunterAlpha1 »

So here's my "Questions That Newbies Always Ask Which Are Easily Answered With The(broken) Search Function" thread.

1. Is the house I can buy with 50k GP shared between all characters on my account?
2. Can I dip rods, orbs, and runes to get + on them?
3. What are silver and crystal coins for?
4. Can I make a container in my house for crafting mats so I can stand next to it and it'll act like I have the mats in my inventory?
5. I just brought another new player to the game, do I get a reward? :D
6. Is the Shadow Orc any better than the goblin shaman or should I skip it and go straight for the troll priest?
LaughingCoyote
egg has really fucked this game up :(

Re: Some newbie questions

Post by LaughingCoyote »

HunterAlpha1 wrote:So here's my "Questions That Newbies Always Ask Which Are Easily Answered With The(broken) Search Function" thread.

1. Is the house I can buy with 50k GP shared between all characters on my account?
2. Can I dip rods, orbs, and runes to get + on them?
3. What are silver and crystal coins for?
4. Can I make a container in my house for crafting mats so I can stand next to it and it'll act like I have the mats in my inventory?
5. I just brought another new player to the game, do I get a reward? :D
6. Is the Shadow Orc any better than the goblin shaman or should I skip it and go straight for the troll priest?
1. Yes. That is the best benefit of houses. Also great on PD as items stored in houses wont PD when your character dies.
2. Can't dip sigils (I assume thats what you mean by runes) to enchant them with fountains. Not sure about the others.
3. There are npc shopkeepers that sell special items only in exchange for silver and crystal coins. Find them in Nordhaven.
4. No, but you can buy anvils, alchemy tables, etc and place them next to your chests.
5. That's a great idea!
6. Just keep increasing your taming as you level. Once you hit 100 taming you wont use anything but dragons and mino shamans anyway, and must people don't use the latter.
Hecate wrote: I feel even more evil than ever, milking cows before killing them.
eggmceye wrote:pretty cool having vigour put in the manual after 14 years X-D
HunterAlpha1

Post by HunterAlpha1 »

LaughingCoyote wrote:
HunterAlpha1 wrote:So here's my "Questions That Newbies Always Ask Which Are Easily Answered With The(broken) Search Function" thread.

Just keep increasing your taming as you level. Once you hit 100 taming you wont use anything but dragons and mino shamans anyway, and must people don't use the latter.
I'm talking about leveling taming; I find it a lot easier to tame with an active pet that heals you, and was just wondering if I should skip the shadow orc or go straight for the troll priest.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

While LC may have started the taming guide.. I streamlined it.
Taming Guide Thread

Honestly, I find ranged or spell-using mobs a pain and a waste of time in speed taming. Melee mobs are best unless its changed in the last few months since oh... April of this year.
HunterAlpha1

Post by HunterAlpha1 »

w00t! Minotaur Shaman! :D
HunterAlpha1

Post by HunterAlpha1 »

Ok I've run into a bit of a snag; I'm trying to deconstruct gear I've enchanted by dipping in fountains, but when I use the deconstruction wand on them it says the target item is too powerful, and yet this is low level gear, like +5 vig or +1 MR, what am I missing?

Also could someone please share a list of tints and what they do? Don't see anything in the manual when I search for tints.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

You know...... I don't think you can decon mr or vig. I need to log on... Tuesday i guess.

Str
Dex
Int
As
Def

Hmmm can you even make nv gear. Guess i need to look at the manual.

Edit..
http://euotopia.com/manual/index.php/Advanced_Crafting

Seems only stats, AS, def items. Maybe egg or someone else can confirm this. Could use a change i guess.
HunterAlpha1

Post by HunterAlpha1 »

dang :(

What about the tints and what they do?
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Depends on the tint and whether its armor or weapons. I know the manual covers this in detail.
HunterAlpha1

Post by HunterAlpha1 »

Keighn wrote:Depends on the tint and whether its armor or weapons. I know the manual covers this in detail.
Link please! I entered "tints" in the search engine and drew a zero. Lots of stuff about crafting with tints, but nothing about what they actually do.
HunterAlpha1

Post by HunterAlpha1 »

Another question: How do I keep my pet happy? I'm keeping him full, and following, and he hasn't died in several days, but he stay unhappy.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

HunterAlpha1 wrote:
Keighn wrote:Depends on the tint and whether its armor or weapons. I know the manual covers this in detail.
Link please! I entered "tints" in the search engine and drew a zero. Lots of stuff about crafting with tints, but nothing about what they actually do.
http://euotopia.com/manual/index.php/Item_Materials
HunterAlpha1

Post by HunterAlpha1 »

Ah, I needed to have been looking for materials, not tints, thanks!
Omnidescent

Post by Omnidescent »

Very, very, very late reply, my bad. (Hope this doesn't count as necro-posting)

You can PM me in-game or on discord (I'm Buttscratcher, on discord, there's a topic with the discord link on the forums, just look for it), if, you're still having trouble starting (which you shouldn't, by now), I can show you and your friend the ropes. (Better get more friends)

P.S: if you're on PD, I can give you a house scroll and gear you up, we don't get many new players these days, cheers.