Reg VS PD

"EUO - Further evidence that Diabloesque games kill real role-playing games."

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Omnidescent
Kodiak has probably banned me by now.

Reg VS PD

Post by Omnidescent »

I'm a PD player from birth, and I was thinking about making a char on reg, but, is it worth it? I remember it being lonely on reg (no parties and stuff, I usually end up with a few people at least on PD), and also, the fact that reg is the slowest server in terms of levelling and stuff.

So here's my question, and I hope I receive some straight-on facts, would it be worth it making a char on reg even though I like dynamic progression and social play? On a side note my class might be necro/mage, so will that slow it down or quicken it? things are quite different on PD so that's why I made this topic, each time I make a character I end up deleting it at like level 3 or something, don't wanna make a character I'll regret putting effort into.

Constructive criticism, if you will :P

P.S: Like always, I bet I forgot some questions/points, meh I just hope someone would say something that'd magically hook me to reg :D
1[WoWz]
MACRO > me

Re: Reg VS PD

Post by 1[WoWz] »

Regular has parties sometimes. A week or two ago we had a 5 man party a couple of nights.

If you like PD, you might not regular because it's slow. I like Regular because I've had stuff for a long time that isn't going anywhere. My suggestion is to make a single regular character and stick with it. Go play it when you feel like it, go to PD when you don't feel like it. Or play NG for the fast progression without the permadeath threat (although it's less populated than regular atm).

Chances are though, since you like PD, you should probably stick there since it's faster and it seems like you can deal with the PD risks.
IGN: 1
DrRude
Good morning, Captain.

Post by DrRude »

Omnidescent wrote:I'm a PD player from birth, and I was thinking about making a char on reg, but, is it worth it? I remember it being lonely on reg (no parties and stuff, I usually end up with a few people at least on PD), and also, the fact that reg is the slowest server in terms of levelling and stuff.

So here's my question, and I hope I receive some straight-on facts, would it be worth it making a char on reg even though I like dynamic progression and social play? On a side note my class might be necro/mage, so will that slow it down or quicken it? things are quite different on PD so that's why I made this topic, each time I make a character I end up deleting it at like level 3 or something, don't wanna make a character I'll regret putting effort into.

P.S: Like always, I bet I forgot some questions/points, meh I just hope someone would say something that'd magically hook me to reg :D
Since I get on at weird times I'm usually solo morning, noon or night so having other players around isn't a deciding factor on which server I play on. I jump on either one depending on my mood and how much time I have to play.

On PD you'll level faster. When it comes to the quests in EUO a simple careless step can bring quick fatality. You'll find that keeping a steady stream of res stones will be a necessity if you've never done the quests. That's the benefit of the Reg server -- there you can die and keep coming back as you use trial and error to solve quests.

When it comes to houses it takes awhile to get to a point where you can afford that on PD. On Reg buying a house is more common because you don't have to spend a king's ransom on res stones to keep a character alive long enough to where becoming a homeowner is a possibility.

Lastly, if you enjoy the thrill of the fear factor that comes with PD, you might want to stay there. If you want to learn the EUO world without much worry of losing everything then Reg is the place to visit.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

I was originally a reg player and then tried PD. i absolutely suck and permed again and again. Thats when you started with 2-3 res stones. Then i got better.

Reg is awesome because of the levelling speed. A full party starting side by side from the start has a chance to be pretty epic. I had always hoped to have a computer and high speed service with video/chat alongside mapping out the game, party journaling, and just having a blast.

Even though i have a few hundred pd dudes my memories of newbing reg and slogging through shame, Re, hydras island, izumi mines, kaza, and mountain pass are priceless.

Then i created hephaestus and just crafted useless items in the hundreds and thousands. God, i felt like Raiden always needs greater or mega yellows. I think he was addicted to the yellow taste.

Btw, i have yet to actually finish EUO (mapping, marking all text, quests, items, and adventure paths in the fullest detail for every map. Only know of 21/23 eggs and of those 21 i have problems with a few.

For that accomplished grind reg is the way to go. Its slow but good.
Omnidescent
Kodiak has probably banned me by now.

Post by Omnidescent »

DrRude wrote:
Omnidescent wrote:I'm a PD player from birth, and I was thinking about making a char on reg, but, is it worth it? I remember it being lonely on reg (no parties and stuff, I usually end up with a few people at least on PD), and also, the fact that reg is the slowest server in terms of levelling and stuff.

Since I get on at weird times I'm usually solo morning, noon or night so having other players around isn't a deciding factor on which server I play on. I jump on either one depending on my mood and how much time I have to play.

On PD you'll level faster. When it comes to the quests in EUO a simple careless step can bring quick fatality. You'll find that keeping a steady stream of res stones will be a necessity if you've never done the quests. That's the benefit of the Reg server -- there you can die and keep coming back as you use trial and error to solve quests.

When it comes to houses it takes awhile to get to a point where you can afford that on PD. On Reg buying a house is more common because you don't have to spend a king's ransom on res stones to keep a character alive long enough to where becoming a homeowner is a possibility.

Lastly, if you enjoy the thrill of the fear factor that comes with PD, you might want to stay there. If you want to learn the EUO world without much worry of losing everything then Reg is the place to visit.
First of all thanks for the advice, but, which quests are you talking about exactly? I've done most of them and they were pretty easy, more like a routine, and I only have 1 res stone, I died twice before but that was due to my crappy laptop, however, I've got a new one and I have no problem at all. About the house thing, I've found out early that acquiring a bunch of weapons and armour then deconstructing them and selling them to the pawn shop was very lucrative, and 50k is nothing when using that method, however, I'm gonna give reg a shot, thanks :)
Keighn wrote:I was originally a reg player and then tried PD. i absolutely suck and permed again and again. Thats when you started with 2-3 res stones. Then i got better.

Reg is awesome because of the levelling speed. A full party starting side by side from the start has a chance to be pretty epic. I had always hoped to have a computer and high speed service with video/chat alongside mapping out the game, party journaling, and just having a blast.

Even though i have a few hundred pd dudes my memories of newbing reg and slogging through shame, Re, hydras island, izumi mines, kaza, and mountain pass are priceless.

Then i created hephaestus and just crafted useless items in the hundreds and thousands. God, i felt like Raiden always needs greater or mega yellows. I think he was addicted to the yellow taste.

Btw, i have yet to actually finish EUO (mapping, marking all text, quests, items, and adventure paths in the fullest detail for every map. Only know of 21/23 eggs and of those 21 i have problems with a few.

For that accomplished grind reg is the way to go. Its slow but good.
I totally agree, since, after all, EUO was made to be grind-ish. Oh, perhaps you should try discord? It's not much but meh, it'd help if you manage to group with a few buds and roll.

Alright guys, I'm gonna give reg a shot, thanks for the advice, much appreciated.

See ya all on reg, I have some weird nicknames so you'll notice me. :whistle:
Tink
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Post by Tink »

+1 for a good idea @ Destroyer
Too bad everyone is a lot more busy these days, it would be hard to keep a party together from start to finish.

It could almost resemble a D&D campaign, each dungeon etc.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

EXACTLY!!!