New user reporting

"EUO - Further evidence that Diabloesque games kill real role-playing games."

Moderator: EUO Moderators

arthurion
BBQ ABC <3

New user reporting

Post by arthurion »

Hello everyone,

My name is Arthur. I'm a 19-year old Brazilian, currently at college studying Game Design stuff (actually is not only "game design", but programming and art too). I've discovered EUO through a friend (that also showed me Ultima Online), but we didn't played it together by the time. Only today I decide to go forth into the game, and I'm loving it.

I've not played much of Ultima Online, and while I've started some Ultima games never finished any of them... still, I recognize the "ultima" style that this game has, and is f**king awesome to actually play a MMO that is truly RPG. I've played a plenty of MMO's in the past, ranging from some that I don't even remember the name to those like WoW (the one that I really played), Hellgate Global (being a fan of Hellgate London before), Karos Online (korean one, not much to talk about, just played a lot before knowing WoW), Tera (hate this, but played with a friend that love the game) and some others.

Some of my favorite RPG's: Diablo (played all the three, Diablo 1 was my first contact with RPG when I was around 6 or 7 years old and still my favorite), Demon's Souls (need to finish it yet, but is already my favorite "Souls" game), Dark Souls (I and III, need play II yet), The Elder Scrolls (never played the Online and Shadowkey, but also never finished any e.e ), Hellgate London (Diablo leads to Hellgate anyway), Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen (playing nowdays, loving it so much!), The Witcher (I've purchased all the three of them, but still playing the first one) and Mass effect (still on the second one).

I want to play the series Ultima as soon as possible. Will try to finish the ones that I've already started (The Witcher 1 for now) before anything. I also have much interest in Fallout and others that I already wish-listed on GOG.

I was sick with MMO's. For years I've played only WoW and then, suddenly, I've paid a month and realize that I can't enjoy the game anymore. The whole month in there was boring, and so I was leaving MMO's. I hate the idea of a online-only game. Still, EUO showed very funny to me, and I'll try show this to some friends to play together.

I would like to know too if is possible to translate the game to another language. I actually could start doing that to Portuguese-Brazilian if I find a good community of BRs interested in the game. And if there is any BR here already, PM me o/

Thanks for your time

- Arthur
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Re: New user reporting

Post by Keighn »

Cool beans. I loved hellgate london myself. The patched iso version i have currently doesnt run so well with my win10+ computer.

Im now offline of euo being that i have no service. Hope new and returning players fill the gaps in my absence. I will still post here and there.

Glad for more players. Grind on.
ZUPS!!!!
arthurion
BBQ ABC <3

Post by arthurion »

I have both the original and a cracked one (since the original has that shit called SecuROM). Both worked on Windows 10. Nowdays there is the (WIP) London 2038, a mod that re-enable the multiplayer (since Hellgate Global has being shuted-down.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

hello, glad you like it

As for translations: I really can't see it happening, even tho it is probably an excellent idea in terms of expanding player base. But I'm old and tried now and can barely add gameplay features let alone provision for localisation.
arthurion
BBQ ABC <3

Post by arthurion »

Hmm, seems like (again) I've get in a game too late then =/ still, I'll try find some friends to play EUO with me. If one day you need pass the burden of the game (code + servers), I'll fight for the oportunity to be a possible heir :V :aus:
EmoMage
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by EmoMage »

you'll have to fight me first. ;)
eggmceye wrote:
ParadoxOfChoice wrote: Zombie using bow/sling probably shouldn't give disease.

the zombies are pulling the arrows out of their ass
arthurion
BBQ ABC <3

Post by arthurion »

EmoMage wrote:you'll have to fight me first. ;)
See you in round 1 then :P
Durwinatica
BBQ ABC <3

Post by Durwinatica »

Hey, I met you on the game! Good to see you here man, and glad to have you on our Discord too!
arthurion
BBQ ABC <3

Post by arthurion »

Durwinatica wrote:Hey, I met you on the game! Good to see you here man, and glad to have you on our Discord too!
Oh, hi o/

Would be funny to see a Discord for the whole community as well.