e-manuel

"EUO - Further evidence that Diabloesque games kill real role-playing games."

Moderator: EUO Moderators

kyloth
Kodiak has probably banned me by now.

e-manuel

Post by kyloth »

so ive been reading the manual at least a little bit every time i play, i reference it often and always try to find answers to my own questions before asking other but im still looking for an answer to this question

is there a way to set this game up for offline play, or LAN. i read the maped section and it hinted that you had to do this to edit maps and make custom content, but it doesnt explain how to play without internet or how to LAN the game, custom content or not.
WHABALADUBDUB! My people have another saying. "Gubba nub nub do ra ka." It means, "Whatever lets you sleep at night."
eggmceye
hello

Re: e-manuel

Post by eggmceye »

short answer is 'no'
Mackey
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by Mackey »

eggmceye wrote:short answer is 'no'
Is the long answer "Hell no"?
kyloth

Post by kyloth »

love this community, glad to hear it. wanted to know because i have multiple offline computers that i use simply for lan gaming, and wanted to euo on it. thanks for telling me. sorry if ive been pestering. glad to finally hear back from you though. thanks again, kyloth.
WHABALADUBDUB! My people have another saying. "Gubba nub nub do ra ka." It means, "Whatever lets you sleep at night."
kyloth

Post by kyloth »

eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

the longer answer is this:

Of course you can play on a LAN. Indeed there are bootleg offline versions floating around ... but you miss out on i) items for trade and ii) playing with other people (unless playing with friends on a lan)

you can make your own bootleg version by taking escape from the vault's moasv.exe (the server), euo.exe and maped sdat files and your client maps: but you will be missing out on smap features & server scripts. I assume both server scripts and smap features are floating around but they would be a couple of years old at least now. Also would miss out on crafting & merchants, tho old versions of those would be leaked too. You could cobble something together but why? you miss out on trade and playing with others.

but best thing about lan/localhost play is no lag
kyloth

Post by kyloth »

i can understand your reasoning. it seems like a helluva project to simply collect the parts let alone make them work in conjunction to have an end result of a lessened content and lonelier playtime. i was asking because i have kids, and i have tech friends, and i was hoping to set something up just for personal home use. i would not want to take away from your servers egg. i would still play your servers myself even if i had an offline/lanmode. i was hoping for a way to play at home, so my 10 yr old daughter and my 14 yr old son could play together without me having to worry about trolls or inappropriate content. and i was interested in doing some custom content, like maybe dev a couple dungeons, or test play a custom class or race. i dunno, just to play with the confines of the game. i understand though a bit more about how hard it would be and the lessened payoff for the efforts. if anything, if they want to play, i trust keig, crow, gavin, emomage, blackmage, hummel, and bigslug enough that i dont believe they would intentionally say or do anything to upset the kids. plus kwiturbitchins got kids of his own similar situation, i doubt he would let anyone troll my daughter or my son. Thank you egg for taking the time to respond and explain the long answer, although hell no is a good medium answer, im glad to know if i really wanted to i could compile an offline mode but to be honest it would feel like theft and i would feel bad for using your coding unlawfully or against your general wishes.

P.s. my wife and i are pregnant, 3 months in, getting married sooner than planned, and the official adoption papers will go through the day the marriage liscence is approved! im super excited, also i just started my 3rd semester of college, and ive passed all my classes so far with a high B average. LIFE IS GOOD!
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Your forum avatar. I finally saw one of those shows. I was like WTF is this show. Pretty weird. I have a hard time staying up late to watch them though. Takes all I got to just watch One Punch Man. Then its usually lights out.