Dray of Izumi

"EUO - Further evidence that Diabloesque games kill real role-playing games."

Moderator: EUO Moderators

kyloth
Kodiak has probably banned me by now.

Dray of Izumi

Post by kyloth »

Dray's chat options for the bandages questline is very very broken, he never quest prompts and his chat options dont light up properly, i noticed something was wrong, keihgan told me to try typing bandages and the quest resolved, but all the chat options leading to it are missing and broken, check it out egg.

i wanted to comment the francis, dawn, mathew, storyline is also kinda broken but not as bad as dray, francis wont give quest options, does not have the right chat highlights, and if vandermast had not told me to type the word need i would not have known how to start the werewolf questline for the yellow stones. also dawn chat is same problems, wrong highlight, missing chat options, had to be told and do guesswork to figure out what to type to start the quest. just some minor chat interface bugs, but keihgan/vandermast checked in on them behind me and agreed, we needed to let u know about them

also egg, wanted to ask you, have u played alot of phantasy star for sega gen? cuz in phantasy star four gryz is a motavian from tonoe who moved there after molcum is destroyed, nial is a second generation character from phantasy star 3 gen of doom, he is second gen if u marry lena, and izumi is the name of the city in phantasy star 2 where u get the mechanic wrecker kain. lots of my ildhood nostalgia kicked up the first time i went to that town, because i have been a phantasy star fan since i was four years old and my mom bought us a sega genesis with phatasy star 3 and columns. ive played all of the original four games multiple times, and i know the storyline better than any1 ive ever met. if it is an homage to that series, my compliments to you, if you havent played them, i highly recommend picking them up either hard copy or via emulator, great storyline, play all four games and read the whole thing, dont skip the story cuz its what makes the games fun, also u have to beat PS3 like 4 times to get all the different endings and only 1 ending fits the overall series story.
WHABALADUBDUB! My people have another saying. "Gubba nub nub do ra ka." It means, "Whatever lets you sleep at night."
kyloth
Kodiak has probably banned me by now.

Re: Dray of Izumi

Post by kyloth »

also dray never said a single word to me about elton ever, before or after i resolved the quest and explored every singe chat option he had....
WHABALADUBDUB! My people have another saying. "Gubba nub nub do ra ka." It means, "Whatever lets you sleep at night."
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Re: Dray of Izumi

Post by Keighn »

I'll confirm that Dray is messed up. He doesn't mention anything about the horrible sounds coming from Elton. I may just start my new quest/NPC text information seeking early. I know the NPCs have needed fleshing out for years and errors should be corrected. I'd be interested in each NPCs Origins as well. I know different authors made different maps so it will be hard to track down some information when those players are nowhere to be seen.

I know there are a few other NPCs that totally befuddle me in their quest structure. I do recall at one point you could even talk to some of the quest monsters. (usually it was a grey text).