2016 August PvP Tournament

"EUO - Further evidence that Diabloesque games kill real role-playing games."

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Mackey
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

2016 August PvP Tournament

Post by Mackey »

From the 2015 thread:
Severian wrote:Why bother with level brackets and gear restrictions. You want a balanced tournament, maybe try this:

(1) Run the tournament on Alpha.
(2) Have only one level category (say level 450 - reg max lvl).
(3) All participants are to copy from reg (possibly PD if there is enough of a demand for it) WITHOUT ITEMS.
(4) Prior to the tournament, each player will have a character created on alpha with their previous skills and set to lvl 500.
(5) Prior to the tournament, each player will also have access to supplies and gear. A three-tiered currency system to be implemented with three different merchants selling gear, supplies, usuables, etc.
(6) Refs and spectators just have to get on alpha to supervise/watch the match.

This allows everyone to fight in the same bracket, at the same level, with the same chance for decent gear.

Edit: equipment could also be attained by awarding a fixed number of special pvp currency to the participants, which allow them to buy soulbound items ... but this would require merchants that sold some subset of items (This is being implemented in some form -Mackey)

Edited by Mackey
Severian, egg, and Mackey's changes:

1.) Tournament to take place on Alpha server. Characters will be copied from reg (and possibly PD) and bumped to lvl 500. All players fight in same bracket.
2.) Items/gear will not be copied. You will keep your skills.
3.) Items/gear will be distributed/bought/etc TBD. Wishlist on second page of thread. edit: merch suggestion/wishlist quoted on first page of this thread. viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5191#p88179

How it works:
(this is basically all unchanged from previous years)

Matches are in round robin format. Everyone fights everyone in their division. You get 2 points for a win, 1 for a loss and 0 for not fighting at all.

1.) Each match consists of 3 rounds. The winner is determined by the best 2 of those 3 rounds.
2.) Each match must have a referee or 2 credible witnesses to verify the fight.
3.) Each match will take place in the Classic Arena.
4.) After the 3 rounds are completed both combatants must submit the results to the armoury page
5.) Victor of the match gets 2 points, vanquished gets 1
6.) If a player can be demonstrated as having declined to fight w/o a valid excuse then the challenger gets 2 points and the defaulter gets 0

Rules:
1) Once inside the ring, ONLY HEALING (YELLOW+CLEAR) AND MANA (BLUE) POTIONS ARE ALLOWED. No other pots are allowed.
1.2) Buffs are allowed outside the arena, ie pots, fountains, etc. Once you are in the fighting area, any use of pots & VM will be logged. If you use any pot other than yellow or blue, you will lose the current round (or next round if you are not currently fighting).
2) Only 1 item heal and 1 spell heal (for a total of 2 possible) per round allowed! This includes all healing spells, pots, foods, corpses, abilities (except vampyric attacks), etc.
3) Only 5x of EACH SCROLL is allowed.
4) Weapons and armour to be determined. Only weapons purchased on Alpha through specific merchants are allowed.
5) Most spells are allowed, ONLY KXC SUMMON ALLOWED (though use of healing spells is governed by rule 2) STONE FORM IS NOT ALLOWED.
6) No pets allowed
7) No use of healing wards or cursed bandages.
8) Breaking any of the rules or leaving the arena during the fight will result in a DQ of the current round (not the entire match)
8.1) Being teleported from arena accidentally due to being "Seized" by a monk will be excused, but the player must return to the arena in a timely fashion. Buffing/healing during this time is not allowed and DQs are at the referee's discretion.
9) Matches involving vampires to be fought at night.

How to submit your match result
After you have fought your 3 rounds and agree on who won and who lost, both combatants must log in to the armoury page, and submit their results via the link at the top of the tournament page HERE: http://euotopia.com/tourneysub.php

It should be pretty self explanatory. You both must first select the character you fought with, then your opponent, then select whether you won or lost, then click submit. When you have both submitted the same result, the match will be finalized and 2 points given to the winner and one to the loser. If you can't agree who won, the match will be flagged as being in dispute, and no body will get any points.

If one player can be proven to have declined a fight (eg as evidenced in chatlogs or screenshots) then the challenger gets the full 2 points and the player who defaults gets 0.

You will be able to submit your results from the time that the tournament opens until the time the tournament ends. Any match results not submitted to the armoury will not be considered, and will not count. It is in your interest to complete your fights on time.

As organised in 2010 by Atraxis and Raiden, revision & automation by egg. 2015 Concept by Severian, revisions by egg and Mackey.
Classic rules viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5131#p86492
Last edited by Mackey on Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Re: 2016 August PvP Tournament

Post by Keighn »

For a diamond coin on (any server) I'd join though I"m low on the pole and if its only epic 500 lvl play then I'm pretty much boned. Course, wth good would a diamond coin do me on PD if I can't buy anything. I hear the ref system is automated now. I think. Good you don't need refs to validate as it slows matches down.

Are the matches recorded for instant replay?
KoRnAGAIN
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Post by KoRnAGAIN »

Mackey wrote:Ideas for this year?
Is anyone else interested in participating?

Colt on REG is still pretty low level but I do have a belt so maybe I could have a change again to beat someone :--;:

I would be down. Count me in and let me know if there are any 'buy in' requirements

-Colt
Mackey

Post by Mackey »

Well, if we continue last years format, your character gets copied to PvP server and cranked up to 500.

I'd like to see at least sunlight disabled for the arena.
1[WoWz]
MACRO > me

Post by 1[WoWz] »

I'd be interested in doing the PVP tourney again this year. Although I think that 1 heal allowed is enough (3 is kind of a pain to keep track of).
IGN: 1
Mackey

Post by Mackey »

made a poll for how many heals should be allowed per round
http://www.strawpoll.me/10572284
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Pity 0 wasn't a choice. But I suppose at least 1 should be allowed.
Mackey

Post by Mackey »

Well it looks like the poll was overwhelmingly in favor of 1 potion heal and one spell heal. So I guess we can consider that potion interchangeable with corpses, etc. So one item/potion heal, and one spell heal.

Opinions on the use of Mani?
How many Blue potions should be allowed?
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Seems unfair for pure fighters or rogues who can't cast spells. 1 healing period potion or spell IMHO.

Blue potions... eh I dunno. Fighters, rouges don't need mana and can fight all day. Maybe mana is spell casters bread and butter. Does unlimited mana make them OP. Initially I was going to say none but that's what mages do is cast spells.
Tink

Post by Tink »

One potion seems good.
Can't really comment on the use of mani, up front it doesn't seem like it's going to be a big deal though.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Yeah, if only 1 healing spell I doubt it'd be wasted on mani unless its all you can cast.
ritari
buying vamp LS of any kind +5

Post by ritari »

Is the tournament 2016 still happening?
KoRnAGAIN

Post by KoRnAGAIN »

I hope so. :aus:
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

not sure if it was ever happening, maybe delayed until sept? I dunno :?
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Mackey and 1 I guess were the backbone to push it. It would figure I'm online and it won't happen. Ah well. I'm in no rush. Just :chill: :chill: :chill: ing Wussup :cow: Oh no you didn't?

On a serious note I love to archive infornmation. Belts I hear haven't happened in a long time and I don't expect them to but I am interested in correct data on what they were so that info isn't lost in euo history.

Well, I erased the data. It was more for myself anyways. All on a lovely spreadsheet. In language I can usderstand.. woot.
1[WoWz]
MACRO > me

Post by 1[WoWz] »

I haven't been around but if this is happening I will be there to participate.
IGN: 1