EUO Subreddit and Advertising

"EUO - Further evidence that Diabloesque games kill real role-playing games."

Moderator: EUO Moderators

XxMikexX
Kodiak has probably banned me by now.

EUO Subreddit and Advertising

Post by XxMikexX »

EUO is a damn good game but it is also a little niche. I think Reddit is a good place to set up camp and maybe do a little advertising in some Subreddits that allow it. I would love to see 20+ people playing every single day. What do you guys think?
mugima
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Re: EUO Subreddit and Advertising

Post by mugima »

I would love to see this again also, miss the days when it was like "Only 15 people online? Where the F@!K is everyone?" and also the "Holy cow there's 49 people on!" moments. Anything you can do to get the word out im down with it.
DrRude
Good morning, Captain.

Post by DrRude »

I gotta admit, I'm a bit torn about this subject. Anything that is good for EUO is great in my book. At the same time, I see EUO as a sort of obscure tropical island in cyberspace. It's so far off from any mainland and the shipping routes that it only shows up on regional maps.

When people find their way to EUO, great. Most of us regulars always welcome new players with open arms. At the same time, if EUO suddenly showed up on radar of a bazillion gamers it'll be like when those Carnival Cruise ships start docking on any given island... things will change, and some of that organic culture might get snuffed out in the process.

As for the "good ole days", many of those players were in their late teens and early 20s. Many of those cliques had to focus on what was happening in their real lives -- college, starting their careers, starting families, etc. EUO is one of those spaces where it's easy to find your way back. Happens to me all the time.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Ah, I wish I was 15 years ago...
Riksta
buying vamp LS of any kind +5

Post by Riksta »

Make a subreddit and I will participate. Reddit seems like a good place to promote the game. I've seen some comments about EUO on there from years ago. I personally already recommend EUO to people from various online communities that I'm a part of.
XxMikexX

Post by XxMikexX »

Someone already has /r/EUO and /r/Euotopia so I'm not sure what to call it.
Luxorious
on lolpatrol

Post by Luxorious »

Almost all MMO subreddits I've visited are mostly "dank memes", "circlejerking" and general negativity.
Also, this may lead to the game being more casual and the "Reddit majority" influences the future updates the most (and usually the developers think the Reddit people repserent everybody). This is happening in WoW, Path of Exile, Runescape, Diablo 3 etc - not implying it's a bad or a good thing. Of course there are chilled people here and there.
I think it's better to keep the discussion on swut.net forums and I find it better to have a smaller & warmer community, but everybody is welcome and then again, it's good to have new people.
No, I don't wear a watch. As my Dad used to say, "I'm not into time, man."
jumpstart
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

Post by jumpstart »

Having a subreddit for the game isn't going to do much. The forums here provide any information that any subreddit will, and a subreddit will only be a hassle to keep updated with information for a community as small as EUO's. Also let egg have his 2 cent ad revenue from the forums. :P

As for advertising, this game has always been a game that spreads via word of mouth. So, I'm sure egg would appreciate it if people were to spread the world. Just don't be a shit head about it and spam links in subreddits, wouldn't make the game look good.
~Mario
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

I tend to agree with the above 2 posts, tho it's always nice when people worry about euo like this ...
XxMikexX

Post by XxMikexX »

You guys do bring up some good points. I will keep to providing the link to this game in the appropriate threads though. Hope we gain some new loyal players. ;)