2015 August PVP Tournament

"EUO - Further evidence that Diabloesque games kill real role-playing games."

Moderator: EUO Moderators

dirtyking
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Re: 2015 August PVP Tournament

Post by dirtyking »

sounds like alot, most things u guys said are not really problems , i should have had my target locked when i fought n pulled 1 in the arena by accident,
the vamp thing is your choice if u pick it u should have to deal with the sun if ur fight lasts that long, starting at night is fair if both people agree, but u shouldn't have to wait for the sun after u fight a match or 2 n the sun comes up!
this was a great tournament thanks for all the work egg,
like i been saying for years tho i would like to see no holds bar anything goes just dont die, u could have the necro spell on u n die n come back even that wouldn't count as a death,
be nice to see power word pain work in pvp,
maybe not wait till next year for tourny every month or every other month and idk about dutchman but he cheated his way to 500 like severian so whatever about that post ,
dirtyking
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by dirtyking »

n there is more places with fountains stop being lazy LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON
Bugbo
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by Bugbo »

Maybe the ability to sell artifacts back to the shop for a coin refund? Unless that would be too overpowered.
Mackey

Post by Mackey »

Thank you for all the feedback, and especially everyone who participated this year. I hope to see you all again in the next tournament.

Was an honor and a privilege to fight all of you
1[WoWz]
MACRO > me

Post by 1[WoWz] »

Grats on the last minute win Mackey. It was a lot of fun fighting everyone. I usually don't participate in the tourneys, but this format was a lot of fun. I will be participating again. Thanks Mackey, Egg, and everyone else.

For the rewards, I propose putting all of the weapons/armor/jewelry from our pvp tournament characters into a chest on regular, giving away coins depending on how many points were earned. One coin buys one item from the chest. 1st place should get a belt as well.
IGN: 1
Mackey

Post by Mackey »

1 Scroll of Tinting given to a character of winners' choice on reg? :D
1[WoWz]
MACRO > me

Post by 1[WoWz] »

Mackey wrote:1 Scroll of Tinting given to a character of winners' choice on reg? :D
The tinting scrolls would be something I'd like to see on the servers in one way or another.
Mackey

Post by Mackey »

Ideas for next year:

Stat/MR gear and AS weapons. Some of the artifacts could use some work, but until then a good +9 weapon is a go to for a lot of people, especially considering the lack of good attack gloves artifacts for monks.

1-2 more tinting scrolls? I know as a rogue, I end up using 3-4 different weapons, which left no tints left for my gear. Would still keep strategy, because everyone else will be tinting 1 or 2 more armour/jewelry slots, and some rogues may do the same. Variety is the spice of life. (More of all the currencies would be awesome. I spent nearly the entire 1 mil GP.)

Few more glass coins. I nearly ran out of glass coins and had to wear one low-tier armour piece. (Change prices on PVP to 1 glass coin per item?) Not a huge issue, but a bit annoying :/. Could be fixed by adding another currency and stat/mr gear and/or as weapons merchant.

Disable sunlight (in the arena at very least) or extend night time hours on PVP. I had two matches that had the second/third rounds postponed until dusk because we ran out of night.

Had a couple of players only involved in one match a piece. Not sure how to fix that, but could brainstorm to figure out a way to make it fair for other players while still rewarding those of us who we're constantly on like myself, 1, riki, to name a few.
Mackey wrote:SUGGESTIONS FOR NEXT YEAR:

Sunlight - Either disable in arena or make alternative underground classic arena? Some fights can last into dawn and it becomes a bit muddled from there.

Arena Size - Classic arena could be cut down a few tiles for spectators/referees. Can't see a lot of the fight from certain seats.

Spectators - Disable PVP in spectator area? Haven't had a problem yet, but I could see it being an issue with AOE spells and/or things like spray n pray. Not everyone remembers to turn off PVP.

Possibly some way to automate potion counting? "Mackey has used 2 mega yellow potions" "Mackey has used 3 Mega Yellow potions" or something along those lines. Reset on death or leaving arena. (Don't know if this is possible or how complicated it would be, but would be damn useful in disputes, because player chat sometimes doesn't last entirety of rounds)

/PVP - Global chat channel for pvp matches, so competitors can mute global channels. Good for countdown, referee, "ready", etc.

Faster respawn on fountains in arena - Everyone uses fountains in arena for FG. Though not a problem this year, due to low participation, would be worth proactive change before it does become an issue.

Add banker and move venders to Arena

Dust of Disappearance, Orbs of power/mana/health, and a few other junk items to potion/food merch.
1[WoWz] wrote:
I agree with most your points Mackey. I got seized by DK when I was spectating, that was awkward.

The fountain thing can be solved by just selling a new item, Scroll of Greater Galvinsing, gives +15% stats (just like feel good, doesn't stack, limited/not available on reg. server).

I still think limiting to 1 heal would be easier for everyone and still balanced. [Mackey's edit: I don't agree. I'm for keeping 3 heals]

I also feel that everyone should be vamp or vamp should be disabled. [Mackey's edit: I don't agree. Sunlight needs dealt with, other than that, it's incredibly easy to do the vampire quest on PVP and have a dedicated vamp pvp alt that way. Silver tint is an option, and good lord does Turn Undead hurt.]
We could have done the vamp quest on pvp, but seems like extra work just to compete. And there should be a /setskill so you don't have to grind skills if you want to change up your build. Maybe a set skill scroll could work like a /respec scroll somehow?
Sorry for long post and quoting posts earlier in thread; Thought I'd consolidate all the ideas from myself and 1 so it'd be easier for you to go through and shoot ideas down LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON
Mackey

Post by Mackey »

1[WoWz] wrote:
Mackey wrote:1 Scroll of Tinting given to a character of winners' choice on reg? :D
The tinting scrolls would be something I'd like to see on the servers in one way or another.
Possible crystal coin purchase? The concept really isn't as OP as it sounds. Most of the time you can find any variation of tinted items if you spend enough time hunting. Would just be a nice little treat to be able to find/buy a scroll to make that nice named/felmythic weapon you spent so much time on into a tinted item :)
1[WoWz]
MACRO > me

Post by 1[WoWz] »

Mackey wrote:Possible crystal coin purchase? The concept really isn't as OP as it sounds. Most of the time you can find any variation of tinted items if you spend enough time hunting. Would just be a nice little treat to be able to find/buy a scroll to make that nice named/felmythic weapon you spent so much time on into a tinted item :)
I think that it could be a crystal coin item that maybe strips the tint off of a different artifact so you can put it on another one. I think that would probably be the only way that isn't OP. Unless it's a reward for the PVP tourney or a monthly PD ladder.
Bugbo

Post by Bugbo »

What about the ability to craft tinting scrolls out of tinted mythic material?
1[WoWz]
MACRO > me

Post by 1[WoWz] »

Here is an idea about what to do with the PVP server. Turn it into a boss server with a single town that has PVP enabled. This could also work as a No Grind server.

It can use the old PD continent with all dungeons.

Include the same gear buy system as the PVP server.

Kraken and Huge Crab respawn quickly, maybe once every 10 to 60 minutes. One or more crystal coins can be given to anyone that helps kill it.

Super Bosses (black arachnia, super cow, inferno, king leroic) can spawn maybe once every 2 hours. Instead of gear, these drop a coin to get another artifact or tinting wand.
dirtyking
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by dirtyking »

how about a more tournys every other month ?
Mackey

Post by Mackey »

deleted by mackey
Last edited by Mackey on Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tink
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Post by Tink »

:whistle:
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

1[WoWz] wrote:Here is an idea about what to do with the PVP server. Turn it into a boss server with a single town that has PVP enabled. This could also work as a No Grind server.

It can use the old PD continent with all dungeons.

Include the same gear buy system as the PVP server.

Kraken and Huge Crab respawn quickly, maybe once every 10 to 60 minutes. One or more crystal coins can be given to anyone that helps kill it.

Super Bosses (black arachnia, super cow, inferno, king leroic) can spawn maybe once every 2 hours. Instead of gear, these drop a coin to get another artifact or tinting wand.

Don't forget the giant iron golem, evil slime, and ..... Well more. PD makes the mobs more reasonable to kill than reg i believe. I recall ages ago that mega mobs had ridiculous Atk/dmg and hit points. That instant kill shit was too annoying.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

Thanx for those who fought. Those who actualy fought a game all get 1 diamond coin which has been sent to the bot and can be collected on reg on any char on your account.

You may wish to spend your coin on a tinting wand which can be bought in Nord by the well. Or you can keep the diamond coin as a souvenier but there is no guarantee that they won't become another currency, so maybe just buy the tint wand.

Winner (Mackey) gets 'Undisputed champ belt (2015)'
dirtyking
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by dirtyking »

:)
Last edited by dirtyking on Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
dirtyking
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by dirtyking »

thanks for the coin egg X-D
CinisterD
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

Post by CinisterD »

I've intentionally stayed away from this entire thing (although mackey forgot to mention about tinting wands, or I probably would have entered).

A few points I'd like to make, and I'm out.

1. The tournament started more hostility than fun

2. The few players we have are more busy arguing than playing

3. The purpose of this tournament was to get more players involved, but ended in the opposite

4. We've all cheesed at some point in this game. Whether it was unintentional, or deliberate

5. 99% of the current player base either was given gear, a build, or xp from an older player

6. Egg hates grinding, but this is the most grind intensive game I've ever played

7. The combination of hostility, grinding, and lack of players (from a combination of the first two) drives most people away

8. Half of the people arguing have no right to talk, as they're the worst culprits

9. The people who stay are either hoarders, or so obsessed with competition that they lose sight of the "fun". Again driving players away

10. If people "don't care about euo", there's a TON of energy being spent to spew out aggression (only proving what was said to be a lie)

Aren't we adults? Have we really reverted to name calling and tattling?

Max, I think we're in need of a serious overhaul. It may be time to merge the servers and be done with it once and for all.

If you have ANY interest in this, I'd be happy to explain my already worked out ideas. Otherwise....end (non aggressive pseudo) rant.