2015 August PVP Tournament

"EUO - Further evidence that Diabloesque games kill real role-playing games."

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Bugbo
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Re: 2015 August PVP Tournament

Post by Bugbo »

Maybe use the armoury to check to see if anybody in the tournament is playing on any of the servers, then MSG them to agree for a time for a match?
1[WoWz]
MACRO > me

Post by 1[WoWz] »

I'm going to try being online from 6pm to at least 9pm PST today (that's 9pm to midnight for east coast people). I will also try to be on tomorrow morning.
IGN: 1
1[WoWz]
MACRO > me

Post by 1[WoWz] »

Dirtyking and I had our fight today. I'll be on a lot longer tonight and quite a bit tomorrow morning and maybe into the afternoon. I will most likely not be online Sunday.

I suggest that in future tourneys, only 1 heal is allowed so it's easier to keep track of.
Mackey

Post by Mackey »

1[WoWz] wrote: I suggest that in future tourneys, only 1 heal is allowed so it's easier to keep track of.
That's what the referee is supposed to be doing
Mackey

Post by Mackey »

1[WoWz] wrote:How about for the CTF map on the PVP server, everyone gets muskets for epic, slow firing deathmatches? :D
Oh wow how did I miss this lost before? Awesome idea
1[WoWz]
MACRO > me

Post by 1[WoWz] »

Mackey wrote:
1[WoWz] wrote: I suggest that in future tourneys, only 1 heal is allowed so it's easier to keep track of.
That's what the referee is supposed to be doing
Still gotta keep track of your own, don't want to DQ yourself.
Mackey

Post by Mackey »

I'll be on in about half an hour and try to stay on for an hour or so
Mackey

Post by Mackey »

1[WoWz] wrote:I think another extension is in order, maybe until Sunday, Sep. 13th? I might be on tonight to get some fights in.
I agree. Still a lot of fights to be had
dirtyking
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by dirtyking »

so is the pvp server ganna say or go? i like it i vote for stay l.o.l. just wondering egg
1[WoWz]
MACRO > me

Post by 1[WoWz] »

I'm online right now and will be for the next few hours. Come fight me if we haven't fought already.
Mackey

Post by Mackey »

SUGGESTIONS FOR NEXT YEAR:

Sunlight - Either disable in arena or make alternative underground classic arena? Some fights can last into dawn and it becomes a bit muddled from there.

Arena Size - Classic arena could be cut down a few tiles for spectators/referees. Can't see a lot of the fight from certain seats.

Spectators - Disable PVP in spectator area? Haven't had a problem yet, but I could see it being an issue with AOE spells and/or things like spray n pray. Not everyone remembers to turn off PVP.

Possibly some way to automate potion counting? "Mackey has used 2 mega yellow potions" "Mackey has used 3 Mega Yellow potions" or something along those lines. Reset on death or leaving arena. (Don't know if this is possible or how complicated it would be, but would be damn useful in disputes, because player chat sometimes doesn't last entirety of rounds)

/PVP - Global chat channel for pvp matches, so competitors can mute global channels. Good for countdown, referee, "ready", etc.

Faster respawn on fountains in arena - Everyone uses fountains in arena for FG. Though not a problem this year, due to low participation, would be worth proactive change before it does become an issue.

Add banker and move venders to Arena

Dust of Disappearance, Orbs of power/mana/health, and a few other junk items to potion/food merch.
1[WoWz]
MACRO > me

Post by 1[WoWz] »

I won't be around much the next couple days. I'll have forum access but limited access to EUO. I'll keep an eye on the standings and post here if I can be available.

I agree with most your points Mackey. I got seized by DK when I was spectating, that was awkward.

The fountain thing can be solved by just selling a new item, Scroll of Greater Galvinsing, gives +15% stats (just like feel good, doesn't stack, limited/not available on reg. server).

I still think limiting to 1 heal would be easier for everyone and still balanced.

I also feel that everyone should be vamp or vamp should be disabled. We could have done the vamp quest on pvp, but seems like extra work just to compete. And there should be a /setskill so you don't have to grind skills if you want to change up your build. Maybe a set skill scroll could work like a /respec scroll somehow?
DUTCHMAN2
LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON

Post by DUTCHMAN2 »

This is the bullshit that turns people away from euo. this tournament is stupid. you only get 5 artys, no weapons dealer no armor dealer. seriously. cmon i know this is beer money to you but im so glad D12 has wasted so much time and money on this pathetic trashy game. thank you for nothing. I hope someone gets wind of you making money off of copyrighted material. Also its kinda shitty that people paying you money, get silenced because you have control issues. You want to threaten to shut shit down because someone put there foot down, and then called you out on your shit. who the fuck are you. How dare you treat customers like that. Like gwynn and most of the decent players to leave this shit heap, I hope you are happy
1[WoWz]
MACRO > me

Post by 1[WoWz] »

Wtf, you get a full set of Crystal coin armor and jewelry. If you're going to be a self entitled little brat then good riddance. Don't come back.
DUTCHMAN2
LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON

Post by DUTCHMAN2 »

listen here california faggot, idc about artys idc about gear. who the fuck are you anyway. Shut up and read. how bout actually putting in thought for people who have actually cared. I know I was one of the first too 500 and I was proud of that. but now this game is full of half assed updates. broken classes (like mages being pussies when they should not be). and a half ass thought out tournament. It must have been great to not give a flying fuck about a product after the clan wars.
Mackey

Post by Mackey »

Oh come off it, 1. Dutchman might not have been polite about it, but he's expressing his opinion, and I don't disagree with some of it. In this instance I prefer to be a bit more tactful about approaching it, because I still enjoy euo even if I don't agree with some of the directions it's grown in. But I do still have hope for the game, and the tournament.
Not sure if this format for the tournament is the best, but it can hopefully be amended and tested again next year.
1[WoWz]
MACRO > me

Post by 1[WoWz] »

California faggot haha. That's pretty fucking funny actually.

Who am I? Do you think I just started playing yesterday? I've spent money and played plenty the past 11 years.

More was done this tournament then previous ones and you still complain? I am enjoying this tournament more than the ones in the past. You signed up and haven't even fought any one yet.

Egg has put a ton of hours into making a game we have got thousands of hours of entertainment off of. He's probably made 5 cents an hour. Sorry you don't agree with what has and hasn't changed, tough titties.

I thought you were done with the game, what are you still doing here?
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

DUTCHMAN2 wrote:This is the bullshit that turns people away from euo. this tournament is stupid. you only get 5 artys, no weapons dealer no armor dealer. seriously. cmon i know this is beer money to you but im so glad D12 has wasted so much time and money on this pathetic trashy game. thank you for nothing. I hope someone gets wind of you making money off of copyrighted material. Also its kinda shitty that people paying you money, get silenced because you have control issues. You want to threaten to shut shit down because someone put there foot down, and then called you out on your shit. who the fuck are you. How dare you treat customers like that. Like gwynn and most of the decent players to leave this shit heap, I hope you are happy
I haven't banned or silenced or done anything to anyone in a long time, care to enlighten me on to what exactly you are whinging about?
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

I mean I haven't had anyone rage at me in euo for like 3,4 years LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Some ideas possibly:

1. You enter arena nude.
2. Either automatically receive coins or a version of delivery bot gives you coins.
3. You purchase your equipment from a vending machine (like eftv)
4. Upon leaving arena the gear/items disappear.

Each time you can select what gear you want based on your opponent rather than being stuck for entire tournament.

Now the vending machines offer two types of equipment.
1. Weapons, armor, shields, etc.
2. Consumables

crystal coins for gear
iron coins for consumables

The vending machine holds 3 of each piece of gear including consumables. Hell, one could be in each corner which is set to that participant only; sort of like your trainer in boxing corner.

I don't know how many coins you would get each before the fight round but each side would have the option. Sure a big bit of programming but it would be pretty well automated. If you choose to buy no potions it's on you.

I've been thinking about new arenas for years. I think an automated listing of who wins and loses would be better than relying on a third party all the time.

To start combat round a command by both participants similar to the /trade command

/fight ("you've been challenged to combat!")
/accept ("let's rock and roll dude!")
/decline ("fuck no! I'm a little chicken bitch.")

The phantom announcer counts down from 10 in a global scale but a color like blue. Then says FIGHT!!!
or FINISH HIM.

Then nothing until a winner for round like this:
Chubby was killed by MrAwesome. Point to MrAwesome. MrAwesome 1..... Chubby 0
A final round:
Chubby had his ass killed by MrAwesome. Match goes to MrAwesome. MrAwesome 3..... Chubby 2

Tallies are now being calculated to the the armory. Please take the exit and vacate the arena for next contestants.

As to the seizing thing.... How about a new feature tile. ARN = arena tile. Those on it can only attack other arena members. Or a SDM = stadium tile where those watching can not do the following:
1. Attack anything.
2. Use any ability or spell
3. Use any item.

Sort of like a sanctuary tile. They obviously have to walk out of the stands until they are not on tile.

Tldr maybe....