Keyboard Issue

"EUO - Further evidence that Diabloesque games kill real role-playing games."

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Eclips
egg has really fucked this game up :(

Keyboard Issue

Post by Eclips »

So on my new laptop (dell inspiron 5547, windows 8) when I'm playing and use combinations of the CTRL ALT and Shift keys to use abilities, my computer will not recognize that I have released them, until I release all keys entirely.

For example, if I use seize (Ctrl Shift +Dir) and release shift to Attack (Ctrl + Dir), I will continue to use sieze until I release All buttons, and then repres Ctrl Dir. Anyone know how I might change this?
Djanno
Here for the lesbians.

Re: Keyboard Issue

Post by Djanno »

Seems like I had similar problems a month ago when I first played with my new comp, has windows 8.1... lately I haven't noticed it happening but I'll keep an eye out.

Edit: Yes it happens, for ex. if I press alt then let go, then press f4, it will act like I press alt+f4 and close the game. Just tested now.
Djanno :smoke:
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

I just tested it with my 8.1 laptop
couldn't replicate

what I did:
had bloodbolt bound to ctrl+shift
stand in position, then ctrl+shift+dir to cast bb
let go of shift, keeping control down
ctrl+dir to attack worked as expected

now if I had numlock on, then shift doesn't work at all, but this is very old

tested with numpad and the regular arrows

I hate it when this sort of thing happens! you have my sympathies but if can't replicate it I can't fix it. Can anyone else provide any ideas or trees to bark up?
ritari
buying vamp LS of any kind +5

Post by ritari »

No solution from me, but in my case win 8.1. I use mouse for moving and pointing directions and such. For example I press shift + "button abowe tab" to use bandage and click on my pet next to me. After that shift button seems to be pressed down and not released and i have to esc to cancel to make things normal.
1 + 1 = 2
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

I do know of something slightly similar ...
if you alt tab back into euo, then alt key seems stuck down sometimes, and hitting esc fixes it - I put it down to a bug with allegro (the gfx lib) ... or more likely incompatibility :fp:
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Window Rotation

Post by Keighn »

I've had this issue before with win7 and vista and of course windows10. I'm posting this as someone else has had the issue and I would give my input. I sword I posted it before but hell; this works.

For my Windows 10 laptop its pretty damn easy.

1. Right click on desktop.
2. Find the graphic options and then rotation and select 0 degrees.

For other computers it might be more difficult but should be in the graphics setting on the video card I believe.

HP Support

This document pertains to HP and Compaq Mini notebook PCs.
1. Hold down the ctrl and alt keys at the same time and then press the up arrow key while you are still holding down the ctrl + alt keys.
2. Click the Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator icon in the system tray.
3. Select Graphics Properties.
4. Click Display Settings.

There are probably others by doing a google search on
Disable screen orientation hotkeys on windows 7 or 8 or vista, or 10 or whichever you're having problems.
Shino
buying vamp LS of any kind +5

Post by Shino »

i had this same problem with windows 10.. never solved it so i just installed windows 7 again to play euo :D