Off-line euo-like reccomrndations

"EUO - Further evidence that Diabloesque games kill real role-playing games."

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Off-line euo-like reccomrndations

Post by Keighn »

Yeah, I'm in one of those situations where there's no online gaming. I tend to hate the rainy season so being inside is just drull. I have access once a day to a library that allows one hour to utilize the computer. Can't play games but downloads are available. It's a locked computer but allows USB drives. I even managed to update euo on the USB just to peruse gfx and maped.

I still get the itch to play but I don't see too many searches finding euo-like games. Certainly offline community seems zilch but I can be a horrible detective finding anything. I hear of mine craft but rather thought Microsoft owned it and again thought it to be online only. Also I prefer top down visual to first person perspectives.

Any decent offlines out there with extensive crafting, gardening, banking, housing, unit manipulation, quest, and expansive exploration with and without random maps. I know there's pencil and paper but gads that's going back to me roots.

Just chuck out some names and links. Ill check em out.
ZUPS!!!!
1[WoWz]
MACRO > me

Re: Off-line euo-like reccomrndations

Post by 1[WoWz] »

Well, ZangbandTK has some of the features you're looking for. It's a graphic based roguelike that has quests, dungeons, wilderness and some towns.

Daggerfall (the elder scrolls II) is free on the bethesda site. It's 1st person but it's pretty crazy in depth just like the other ones are.

There are also emulators and there are a few NES and SNES ports of Ultima if you want to give those a shot.

Look on your IPhone too. Legends of Yore is a pretty fun roguelike too!

Good luck man!
IGN: 1
LordMortiferus
MACRO > me

Post by LordMortiferus »

As for EUO top-down graphics:
XU4- Ultima IV remake
BattleTech: The Crescent Hawk's Inception
Wasteland

The ultima ports for snes were mostly garbage. Though there are a couple of great jRPGs on the system (Secret of Mana being my favourite, followed by its sequel Seiken Densetsu 3)

As for crafting:
Maybe Clonk is something for you - some older titles in the series are free. I remember playing an early dos/win95 version of it and as far as I know you can mine and build stuff to a degree at least.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

clonk looks sort of like terraria from a glance. I think i'll dl it. and I'll take a look at zangbandtk

I'll still pop in from time to time on forums at library. And check for updates.
LordMortiferus
MACRO > me

Post by LordMortiferus »

Here is something else I juststumbled upon: Cubeworld - looks a bit like Minecraft but it is more of an RPG, sill in alpha though. A similar(?) game that made its kickstarter goal is Planets³.