Crafting (Specifically Armourer, Tailoring, Weaponsmith)

"EUO - Further evidence that Diabloesque games kill real role-playing games."

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Turtle
Good morning, Captain.

Crafting (Specifically Armourer, Tailoring, Weaponsmith)

Post by Turtle »

Hey y'all. I just wanted to get a feel for how the community sees these crafts. I've been trying to GM them and actively saving everything for about 2 years of hunting and leveling (levels gained: from 20-150 on kendo, and from 200-300 on Bobby).

Weaponsmith: after 2 years of collecting, I had enough to get me to 92ish. To get that far, I deconstructed plain +5s, +6, +7s, and then every tinted weapon I had (except +9s). I used Celerion's magic amp trick to get the rest of the way to GM.

Armourer: 2 years of collecting, and buying (I traded a few WOTs for materials) proved barely enough. I reached GM with about 40-50 spare ingots. From 85ish to 100 took about 450-500 ingots stat +15. For the record, I disenchanted and deconned everything I got up to +29.

Tailoring: Once again, 2 years of collecting. I only have 133 cloths/leathers of ingot stat +15. I'm trying to see if I can find a sneaky way to get a bit closer to 100 skill before I use them.

My personal opinion is, these requirements are just too high. I have grabbed everything, traded for items, and asked my clan for help. Unless the rules are changed, or I come upon a huge stash of crafting materials, it would take me 3-5 more years at this pace.

I understand that it's supposed to be difficult, and I'm not usually one to cry "grind". Hopefully my lack of complaining brings to light how heartfelt this request is.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Re: Crafting (Specifically Armourer, Tailoring, Weaponsmith)

Post by Keighn »

If only afk apprenticeship to npcs. Ooh I could come up with something off the top of my head but say at the 90% range .1% per 24 hours real time apprenticing. Sure it's take 100 days for that 100% finally but remember you could be doing something else. And I'm not saying connected time you'd just be in some sort of npc stasis. Other people might see you at a bench and it might say "turtle AP smithing"

Something similar to how Broden is at Brodens keep when not playing but disappears when he logs on that alt. hell you could play another alt. npcs limited to apprentice benches they have.

University would cost you but say 10th or 100th the price since you're helping teacher in research. Might be faster due to university library and tools.

Eh it's an idea I guess.
ZUPS!!!!
Turtle
Good morning, Captain.

Re: Crafting (Specifically Armourer, Tailoring, Weaponsmith)

Post by Turtle »

I think it was easier when there was a larger playerbase to trade with. It seems to be picking up so I will be looking for opportunities to trade for materials.