Having a Problem w/Lycan Quest (spoilers inside)

"EUO - Further evidence that Diabloesque games kill real role-playing games."

Moderator: EUO Moderators

StriderDSO
How do I attack?

Having a Problem w/Lycan Quest (spoilers inside)

Post by StriderDSO »

Hey,

I recently started redoing the Lycan cure quest on the PD server with a new LOTL character, StriderDSO, as my previous ones died. I seem to have run into a problem though, and am not able to move forward with it. My quest book is stuck at "maybe you should go ask at the local inn", and doesn't seem to want to update.

I think the problem may have come from not speaking to the Seth/Maban/Marsha first, and instead just going directly to Tristan/Tegen/Jenniand getting the key. I've spoken to Pasco since and had him request I kill Tegen also, but nothing seems to want to update the quest from the aforementioned state.

Can anyone tell me if the skipping is actually what caused the problem? Although I don't recall having to speak to Maban/Marsha the last time I did the quest, I might be misremembering...

And if it is indeed stuck, is it possible to have it reset so I can start over, even though I'll have to save another 10k gold to bribe Tristan again :cry: , or is there another solution? Maybe I am just forgetting someone I was supposed to talk to???

Any help would be appreciated - being stuck a lycan is unfortunate heh
Thanks.
LordMortiferus
MACRO > me

Re: Having a Problem w/Lycan Quest (spoilers inside)

Post by LordMortiferus »

This sounds a bit like something that was discussed in the bugs thread lately about getting the vintage wine. Moongoat posted this solution. Hope that's is of any help to you.
StriderDSO
How do I attack?

Post by StriderDSO »

Thank you for the reply.

I already have the quest started and in my quest book, so it has been activated, it just seems to be stuck at the very first stage. I have since gone back to the originator of the quest, and spoken to them again, but he still tells me the same initial statement. I have then proceeded to go through all the previously mentioned characters, but it remains stuck at "maybe you should go ask at the local inn".

More over, Pasco did ask me to kill Tegen, Tristan certainly had no problem taking all the money I had, Tegen did refer to me to Jenni, and Jenni did give me the key, which did open the cellar door.

So I'm a little puzzled as to what else I can try now :?

Thanks again.
StriderDSO
How do I attack?

Post by StriderDSO »

Also, perhaps I should have posted this in the bugs thread, but not sure if it actually is one or not..? Although I am starting to believe I did bug it out somehow...