Choosing a Class and Race

"EUO - Further evidence that Diabloesque games kill real role-playing games."

Moderator: EUO Moderators

roadkiller64
BBQ ABC <3

Choosing a Class and Race

Post by roadkiller64 »

Hi, I've recently returned to EUO and i am having a tough time deciding what class i should be along with what race, :? i used to play back years ago on a mage character before the whole piety spell list was taken away from mages so i was use to spamming Vas Mani and VoG LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON :mrgreen:

Ideally i want to deal a good amount of damage aswell as be able to take damage, i don't want to move slow and ideally i'd like to be able to use heal spells without having to rely on potions.

It may be a case of having to multiclass which is fine im just unsure as to what classes i should use. So if someone could help me out with some ideas and how i would play that role it would be brilliant. Thanks !
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Re: Choosing a Class and Race

Post by Keighn »

Well, Dwarf fighters will have a ton of hp and dps is pretty good.
If you don't want to micromanage brew all the time then go half-orc. slightly less hp but fast rage for specials
Humans can dual so you could be a fighter/priest and tank. or you could be a mage/priest.. remember its like 33 levels or so to get full 200% in both classes (too lazy to do the math).

Trolls are a good option for regeneration and dual wield.

Pure priests have the potentional to be powerhouses but it can take a while and they have only one special. You could get taming up to 100% hope for a good dragon and keep it healed while you smash away.

Monk is a fast DPS and if you don't want to wear vig just go bloodkin or utilize leeching weapons.

I've tried on alpha a lot of alts for endgame dmg. Using a lvl 1k fighter the highest damage goes: Draconian, half-orc/dwarf, bloodkin, any other race, gnome.
Not sure about mage probably similar: The damage was pretty minimal though from drac to orc/dwarf though like about 10 dmg
roadkiller64
BBQ ABC <3

Post by roadkiller64 »

Thanks for the speedy reply ! I had a read through but for quite a few levels the fighter is pretty slow when using heavy gear unless your a half orc, in which case i would have to use pots.

I just had a think and wondered if a Rogue/Priest would be a viable option for all that im looking for and is it better dps then a fighter?

I was thinking dual shortswords, heavy armour and heals? Plus with majority of points going into dex i wouldn't be too slow.

What do you think?
1[WoWz]
MACRO > me

Post by 1[WoWz] »

roadkiller64 wrote:Thanks for the speedy reply ! I had a read through but for quite a few levels the fighter is pretty slow when using heavy gear unless your a half orc, in which case i would have to use pots.

I just had a think and wondered if a Rogue/Priest would be a viable option for all that im looking for and is it better dps then a fighter?

I was thinking dual shortswords, heavy armour and heals? Plus with majority of points going into dex i wouldn't be too slow.

What do you think?
If you dual class with priest, your dps is going to suffer unless you only go 29% priest. Heavy armor is not ideal for rogue/priests, light armor will work fine.

It sounds like you want it all when it comes to a class, that isn't going to happen. There will always be sacrifices. A human 100% rogue/29% priest will get you pretty close to what you're looking for though.
IGN: 1
roadkiller64
BBQ ABC <3

Post by roadkiller64 »

1[WoWz] wrote:
roadkiller64 wrote:Thanks for the speedy reply ! I had a read through but for quite a few levels the fighter is pretty slow when using heavy gear unless your a half orc, in which case i would have to use pots.

What do you think?
If you dual class with priest, your dps is going to suffer unless you only go 29% priest. Heavy armor is not ideal for rogue/priests, light armor will work fine.

It sounds like you want it all when it comes to a class, that isn't going to happen. There will always be sacrifices. A human 100% rogue/29% priest will get you pretty close to what you're looking for though.

Ok that is something im worried about ! So would 29% priest and the 99% mani help me out as a rogue alot? thing is im too lazy to play the whole stealth game LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON :fp:
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Mani is pretty awesome. My greater alts that are priest almost never use vas mani except in dire cirumstances.

NG.. I have dwarf:
100% axes
100% tactics
30% Piety
70% Sanctity
==========
300% for max skill %

He does quite awesome even soloing bq.
Luxorious
on lolpatrol

Post by Luxorious »

Hey there Roadkiller64, Psyke/Mauri here...

Pretty much what Keighn said, and if you want to do good damage and take lots of damage, dwarf fighter with priest as sub class is a good choice - half orc if you don't like buffing.
You don't have to use Greater Heal (Vas Mani) at all when playing a fighter, or atleast I don't.

The down side to sub-priest for other than humans is the 75% cap - that means that IF you have to use Greater Heal (Vas Mani), it might fail and then you are dead. Also, buffing all the priests buffs with 75% in priest can be painful - my best record must be 20x casts to get Greater Fortitude (Vas Uus Mani) :lesson:

With 75% in priest, you get 87% VM and 37% VUM.

--edit: if you are still thinking why rogue with med/heavy armour isn't very good idea: if you are a rogue in ua/light gear, you can dodge melee physical attacks - making the idea of wearing med/heavy for AC somewhat silly.
Last edited by Luxorious on Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
No, I don't wear a watch. As my Dad used to say, "I'm not into time, man."
roadkiller64
BBQ ABC <3

Post by roadkiller64 »

Ok as good as the dwarf sounds i will be playing reg ;)

I've had a little think and im thinking of a Human Monk/Priest and get 29% cap for mani and go from there.

This hopefully would give me the damage im after aswell as the speed and healing capabilities?

Any criticism?

Thanks for all the input :)
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

I can only say go for it or try out alpha.. it levels like pd or faster but gives you a chance to play around. YOu copy alt to it via armoury.
DrDisco
BBQ ABC <3

Post by DrDisco »

Keighn wrote:I can only say go for it or try out alpha.. it levels like pd or faster but gives you a chance to play around. YOu copy alt to it via armoury.
What are the benefits and drawbacks on Alpha?
Luxorious
on lolpatrol

Post by Luxorious »

DrDisco wrote:
Keighn wrote:I can only say go for it or try out alpha.. it levels like pd or faster but gives you a chance to play around. YOu copy alt to it via armoury.
What are the benefits and drawbacks on Alpha?
-You can copy your characters indefinitely to Alpha server from other servers (See Armoury)
-Fastest exp rate, it's either 15x or 20x compared to reg
-Faster skill gain rate
-More bosses
-Many useful commands to change race and respec for an example
From the manual, http://euotopia.com/manual/index.php/Server_List#Alpha :
A server for testing. No guarantees about availability or state.
That server is not supported (ie. if you happen to magically lose all your items or something, nobody cares) and nobody really plays there.

In conclusion, Alpha has the highest rates and useful commands. It's just a test server.
No, I don't wear a watch. As my Dad used to say, "I'm not into time, man."
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

also alpha can be shut down and/or wiped at any time - so best not to get too attached to anything on there
Turtle
Good morning, Captain.

Post by Turtle »

Human monk/priest is rad. My main character is one. Check out the guides forum for gameplay videos, if you'd like.