"EUO - Further evidence that Diabloesque games kill real role-playing games."

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Djanno
Here for the lesbians.

Meet Fred!

Post by Djanno »

This is Fred...
20140402-203926.png
... or at least a few of us here have affectionately named him so.

I was thinking about the poor guy. He's the only human-like (or was human) mob on the map.

How did he get there?

Aha! This may be a clue:
20140402-204022.png
Perhaps Fred, being bored with his life as a butcher, decided to go adventuring one day...

There was a rumour in Sandy Valley of a shadowy cave and an impenetrable castle. Fred was intrigued by this story, often daydreaming of exploring the caves and what may lie beyond.

Finally the time came when he couldn't stand working in the butcher shop anymore. The distraction of adventure had cost him the tip of his left-hand thumb and, after it healed, Fred spent his savings on gear for the journey.

Fred found the caves and by some miracle made it to the castle unseen. Hiding in the mountains to the east, he searched for a way to sneak inside. Luckily he brought along a mining pick, shovel, and a grappling hook, and with these made his way into the castle.

Unfortunately for Fred he soon was spotted by an Elder Shadow Mage. 'What brings thee here?', said the Mage. The words were not spoken aloud but Fred heard them in his mind as the Mage's burning eyes held him immobile.

'I am but a lowly butcher who wanted to see if the rumours of the castle were true', said Fred.

'Thou hath seen, and thou shall suffer for it', said the Mage.

Fred was taken into captivity and bound in the dungeons. For one hundred years he was kept alive by the malicious intent of the Shadows. His torment pleased them greatly, and slowly he lost his humanity.

Fred was transformed into a vampyre.

'What have you done to me?', Fred cried. HIs tormentors laughed, the Elder Mage who found him all those years ago appeared and said 'Thou shalt serve us now for eternity. We have a job for thee.'

And so Friedrich "Fred" Fleischmann became The Meat Keeper of the City of Shadows.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Djanno :smoke:
LordMortiferus
MACRO > me

Re: Meet Fred!

Post by LordMortiferus »

This is great and should become a new book/short story.
Btw for those who do not know, Fleischmann translates to Meat man XD
MoonGoat
Good morning, Captain.

Post by MoonGoat »

Nice story :)
"When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"
―Cave Johnson
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Pretty good. Would need more meat on the bones to flesh out a full short story. Can euo stand two Freds though? Maybe, I can't imagine the nightmares this vampire has... butcher.. ooh Freddy. The rats would be its source of food more than likely as the minotaurs chiefs would rip it to shreds.
Celerion
LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON

Post by Celerion »

Djanno wrote:Fred was taken into captivity and bound in the dungeons. For one hundred years he was kept alive by the malicious intent of the Shadows.
Also, from time to time Fred noticed groups of adventurers walking merrily past him to a bunch of shadow dragons who lived next-door. :mrgreen:
Djanno
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Djanno »

Keighn wrote: Can euo stand two Freds though?
Well, Fred was the name we ended up calling him but his full name is Friedrich Fleischmann.

(if it's a problem maybe we can call him Fritz. ;) )
Djanno :smoke:
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Nah, no problem. NOt like there aren't a lot of fred's out there.
Balboa
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by Balboa »

The story is just absolutely great! Now i wanna go smash some elder shadow mages as i am seeking vengeance for Fred's everlasting journey! Actually there should be a quest based from this story called "Fred's everlasting journey".
Eye of the banjo