Reg Scoreboard

"EUO - Further evidence that Diabloesque games kill real role-playing games."

Moderator: EUO Moderators

CinisterD
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

Reg Scoreboard

Post by CinisterD »

Ok, so this was a touchy subject for some time now. With a few years passing, I'm hoping it can finally be time for discussion.

The "top 100 players" page in the EUO site used to be one of my favorite parts of this game.

It kept tabs on the highest players, and had shown what the "average" was for high level players.

After some time, it started doing more harm than good :/

It kept players grinding without any other reason than to beat out the player above them, it inadvertently created tons of tension, and it gave a clear way to determine "who was better than who" by beating them on the scoreboard.

I completely respect and agree the "top 100 players" page was, and is, probably a bad idea.

However, I do strongly believe once a player hits the level cap on a server, they deserve recognition.

(I'll ask this of everyone but egg)

I want ONE regular (non Dev, GM/DM) player to tell me how many 450's we have on reg?

Theres no possible way to know without looking through hours of player pages, and your still likely to not find EVERY maxed player.

Would it be an issue if there were a page acknowledging all the players on Reg who hit 450? (No need for a "score", just a way to see who all have worked their asses off to get to the top)

Again:

It doesn't have to include anyone who isn't 450 (eliminating the "top players" aspect, unless they have reached 450)

It doesn't have to be scored or ranked

We've all moved past the "old days" filled with drama. Many old players still are active in the game, and we've all grown up quite a bit over the years.

If this is a terrible idea, feel free to say so. I just think it would be nice to see how many players have hit the max level.

Hell, even a list of 450 characters in the forums would work.
1[WoWz]
MACRO > me

Re: Reg Scoreboard

Post by 1[WoWz] »

I've thought about this as well. I wonder how many level 450s there are now a days (I'd guess 25 or 30?).

On a semi-related note, should level 450s get some sort of reward for reaching the max level like PD players get an addy res stone for reaching level 1000? Maybe a remort option for extra stats or a fun item?
IGN: 1
CinisterD

Post by CinisterD »

1[WoWz] wrote:I've thought about this as well. I wonder how many level 450s there are now a days (I'd guess 25 or 30?).

On a semi-related note, should level 450s get some sort of reward for reaching the max level like PD players get an addy res stone for reaching level 1000? Maybe a remort option for extra stats or a fun item?
I think thats a pretty good idea. It wouldn't have to be anything over the top, just a congratulatory item/skill. Maybe an uber heroic map only 450's can enter.

Even if it were a special title I'd like to see it implemented.
Djanno
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Djanno »

Maybe the player search on the armoury could have a 'search by level' option.
Djanno :smoke:
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

Djanno wrote:Maybe the player search on the armoury could have a 'search by level' option.
yes! would that fix your problem?
Kadence
Kodiak has probably banned me by now.

Post by Kadence »

Would be cool to see everyone that has worked hard to get to lv 450 :psychotic:
Turtle
Good morning, Captain.

Post by Turtle »

Is it possible to show a "playtime to 450" or simply "days hours after creation to 450"?
CinisterD

Post by CinisterD »

eggmceye wrote:
Djanno wrote:Maybe the player search on the armoury could have a 'search by level' option.
yes! would that fix your problem?
Yes it would! that would make life so much easier!

Just one question, would it be an "Input level to search" option, or a "search by range"?

I'm good with either, just curious.

But yeah, that's a great suggestion! Kudos :aus:
Onyxt
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by Onyxt »

1[WoWz] wrote:On a semi-related note, should level 450s get some sort of reward for reaching the max level like PD players get an addy res stone for reaching level 1000? Maybe a remort option for extra stats or a fun item?
A similar system to FF 14s leveling system would be a nice extra thing for maxed players. Once you get a class to max level, the rest of them gain exp by 50%. Since Reg players dont have the option for infinite lifes, it'd be a nice alternative.
1[WoWz]
MACRO > me

Post by 1[WoWz] »

Onyxt wrote:
1[WoWz] wrote:On a semi-related note, should level 450s get some sort of reward for reaching the max level like PD players get an addy res stone for reaching level 1000? Maybe a remort option for extra stats or a fun item?
A similar system to FF 14s leveling system would be a nice extra thing for maxed players. Once you get a class to max level, the rest of them gain exp by 50%. Since Reg players dont have the option for infinite lifes, it'd be a nice alternative.
I'd like to see this :D
Mackey
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by Mackey »

1[WoWz] wrote:
Onyxt wrote:
I'd like to see this :D
+1
Think this would be a nice alternative to xp transfers
Riksta
buying vamp LS of any kind +5

Post by Riksta »

Onyxt wrote:
I don't get it. I've never played FF 14. What do classes have to do with levels and exp?
Thedirtyking
I'll be going back to Tibia next week.

Post by Thedirtyking »

I loved the top 100 !
It's what drove me so hard at first just to get on it, n when I did it felt nice, slipped in the bottom of the list with a full set of yellow gear ;) made me feel great, it's what I would come look at on the forums ! I miss it but do like the idea to look for say all players from say 450 down in a search sounds easy
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Reg players get infinite lives all the time. I see your point. Personally I say raise the cap to 500 for reg. 450 looks so garish IMHO. Another option.... If say 20 People hit the cap Raise it another 50 levels. Since Alpha can have up to level 1,096 (if you know how) why not? Some people have favorite alts they want to play. The game is probably pretty easy for a 450 with max gear assuming there are any (even Sev might not have max gear though I suspect he's pretty close).

Scoreboards.. I guess it depends on if it lags the server. I recall top monsters and monster list (which I so friggin loved) kind of slowed things a bit but my memory is fuzzy.

Some people like scoreboards and others don't. Incentives are always nice. And tier it: All your alts get a bonus for being having that alt in that position (though you must be active in your account)
#1 Mega bonus
Top 1-3 some uber bonus
Top 10 Good bonus
Top 100 OK bonus

Remember that is per account not per alt otherwise you might have some hog taking up the top positions.
ZUPS!!!!
Thedirtyking

Post by Thedirtyking »

I like it be like u log in with a fg or feel ok
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Well if I were just to wing this:

#1 Mega bonus -- +10% xp, +25% Stats, +20% All resistances
#2 & #3 Uber Bonus -- +5% xp, +15% Stats, + 15% All resistances
#4-#10 Good Bonus -- +2% xp, +10% Stats, +10% All resistances
#11-#100 Ok Bonus -- +5% Stats, +5% All resistances

Might be too high I don't know.
Thedirtyking

Post by Thedirtyking »

Can't wait to see if anything gets changed :)
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

whoops someone has found the post button again X-D
1[WoWz]
MACRO > me

Post by 1[WoWz] »

eggmceye wrote:whoops someone has found the post button again X-D
LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON :owned2: