Interesting Builds

"EUO - Further evidence that Diabloesque games kill real role-playing games."

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Zilverlight
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Re: Interesting Builds

Post by Zilverlight »

I had at one point made a character that I wanted to be a hybrid of all classes. It turned out pretty well at early levels (this was back before mage and priest were to separate classes) I found that using spell binding you could bind spells to your ctrl + shift and ctrl + alt keys and while you are fighting (using ctrl) you can tap the shift or alt keys and are able to cast spells without it slowing your attacks. (If you time it right after your attack hits)

This came in very handy when I learned hex. Swing my sword and cast hex so the enemy is weaker. VAM was also nice to cast between attacks to deal additional damage without slowing my attacks. It was nice to be able to heal myself during fights as well with mani and cast sanct on myself since I was dominant a fighter.

It worked well enough using the mage spells during my fighter attacks except that I hit a wall around level 25 And couldn't progress in skills beyond the 125% class cap.

Being 40/40/40/40/40 across the board doesn't seem like it would be beneficial at higher levels. Limited to lower circle mage and priest spells, the lower monk abilities and only 40% in locks/traps would barely get you through mino halls chests.

Most people go with priest secondary for healing (I find potions work just fine) and others use monk for the aspects they can use (I don't find many monk abilities useful in combat since you have to meditate to cast) So I went 100/100 fighter/rogue or I'm going that route. I'm enjoying the health of a fighter with the speed of a rogue.
Desmond (AKA: Rurik)
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

I have some alts on PD that are this. I think I even have a 20/20/20/20/20 which is really terrible. Still, the 40% isn't too bad just not exceptional. Thankfully staff is classless otherwise .. bleck!
Turtle
Good morning, Captain.

Post by Turtle »

I'm working on my character kendo right now. Thinking of 100 Rogue, 70 Fighter, 30 Priest.

70 fighter for tactics, block, and shield bash. 30 priest for mani obviously.

Does anyone have comments, or can talk me out of it? :P
MoonGoat
Good morning, Captain.

Post by MoonGoat »

Turtle wrote:I'm working on my character kendo right now. Thinking of 100 Rogue, 70 Fighter, 30 Priest.

70 fighter for tactics, block, and shield bash. 30 priest for mani obviously.

Does anyone have comments, or can talk me out of it? :P
I was thinking of changing to human for fighter class for the same reasons (mani is boring ;)). It would also let you use medium armor at full potential with stealth. The thing that stopped me tho was that shield bash required a fighter weapon equipped, not sure if that was changed or not. Shield bash should require some skill in block instead imo.
"When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"
―Cave Johnson
Turtle
Good morning, Captain.

Post by Turtle »

If shield bash doesn't work with a shortsword or foil, I'll change plans.