Interesting Builds

"EUO - Further evidence that Diabloesque games kill real role-playing games."

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Turtle
Good morning, Captain.

Interesting Builds

Post by Turtle »

Hey y'all,

I figured this would be a great place to post unconventional builds from any server. Most unconventional builds come from Alpha or NG, but post 'em from anywhere!

http://euotopia.com/plyr.php?p=Zzion&serv=PD

This one is interesting. 89% Priest (just enough for VM) and 85% rogue. I guess for hide? Half Troll for DPS while being 90/10 and able to heal. Very interesting!

Does the 1% fighter let Zzion use tanking stance?
Zzion
How do I attack?

Re: Interesting Builds

Post by Zzion »

Hi there.

thats my troll u spotted there.

i changed my build after i lost my res stone to a lag death awhile ago.

the purpose for going priest to 89% is to use the AE attack they get at 100% rate. its pretty decent at my level, around 175ish to 5 tragets in a "t" shape area. it allows for much faster clearing of lower areas, it still took me like 100 levels to get another res stone tho LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON.

the 85% rog is a bit lower, it use to be 100% for disarming traps/opening chests, i dropped it to get a higher chance on the priest AE attack. now i cant disarm all the chests i find, but ohwell, i clear faster.

the 1% warrior was an accident i didnt bother fixing, you can use tank stance on anyone as long as you have a fighter weapon equiped, and a mace is just that :D the actual build use to be 30% priest for heal, 45% fighter for dps/tanking, 100% rog for traps/chests.

i havent gone back to my older build, because my dps is higher with the priest AE attack at my level, the damage is level based not stat based.

and ya, your right, its 90/10 stre/dex for high mace damage, works out nice, with Feel Great and Food stre boots, i hit around 185 per hit, so around 370 a round pre AE damage.

VM has a long cool down, i dont use it often, i just stick with the no cool down heal.

i rarely use heal tho, troll regen + regen ring at my level is a bit over 100hp per tick, i dont farm hard stuff, for normal anne / heroic mino halls, i almost never have to drop a heal, except on ballys.

God Bless you.

May Jesus Christ be Charitable unto you :D
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

be cool if the 1% did actually mean something!

excellent thread, keep 'em coming
CIAassassin
Posting from my ass computer.

Post by CIAassassin »

Ive been wanting to make a WereVamp Skeleton Monk. Is it even possible to use abilites in Werewolf form?
Rikimaru

"Oh, you're a lesbian? That's cool, I'm a lesbian trapped in a mans body, we should date."
Turtle
Good morning, Captain.

Post by Turtle »

I thought I read that there's a default special you can use? Or is that just me making things up again?
Turtle
Good morning, Captain.

Post by Turtle »

Thanks for posting about Zzion.

Next subject: FoF's build, Jack.

http://euotopia.com/plyr.php?p=Jack&serv=reg

A 100% mage, but always carries a fighter weapon. I wanna see Jack in action, because he looks cool, but I don't know what he does.

My thought is that since Egg lowered the cooldown for casters without a staff, FoF is using a fighter weapon to increase dps on mobs he can't 1-hit with spells.

I am curious about how much str you have compared to int. Are you focusing much on melee damage? Why not attack with a staff?

What is your goal with Jack? Am I right about any of it?
MoonGoat
Good morning, Captain.

Post by MoonGoat »

Fighter weapon for tank stance maybe?
"When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"
―Cave Johnson
Zzion
How do I attack?

Post by Zzion »

/wave hey Moongoat, i see your still around, i feel sad when i log in and see your house lot empty, you should reclaim it!

mine is just below yours :D
Flamesoffire
Posting from my ass computer.

Post by Flamesoffire »

Lmao, Jack is just using a taming suit. Getting him a bit prepared for when Necro's go live. Should they ever hit reg =p

*Edit: If it interests you, I have tried a build like this on PD before though. Though i only hit 150 or so before he died.
Defeating a sandwich, Only makes it tastier... - Vegeta.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

doth good post, thank you :ymca:
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Remort? Yeah, 150-190 is about he last of the sweet spots post remort IMHO. 90-120 for non-remort. No one talked about the Jack-of-all trades builds:

CircusClown An odd alt that is everything remorted. Only weapon that is of any use is Staves so thankfully that isn't tied to a class or it'd be a totally boned mix.

Another version DoomMarine
MoonGoat
Good morning, Captain.

Post by MoonGoat »

Keighn wrote:Remort? Yeah, 150-190 is about he last of the sweet spots post remort IMHO. 90-120 for non-remort. No one talked about the Jack-of-all trades builds:

CircusClown An odd alt that is everything remorted. Only weapon that is of any use is Staves so thankfully that isn't tied to a class or it'd be a totally boned mix.

Another version DoomMarine
Yeah, they are fun :)
I have one too: Trickster.
I set the stats as 1/3rd in each too.
Last edited by MoonGoat on Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
"When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"
―Cave Johnson
Turtle
Good morning, Captain.

Post by Turtle »

So the fighter weapons were for tanking stance while taming? That makes sense, but is less fun :geek:

I suppose I'll try a hybrid build one of these days.

So, how does the 40/40/40/40/40 build work out? I understand why staves, but what advantages are there?
MoonGoat
Good morning, Captain.

Post by MoonGoat »

No advantages at all, just for fun.
―Cave Johnson
Turtle
Good morning, Captain.

Post by Turtle »

I'm really interested in functional builds. For example, let's look at Brandon on reg. http://euotopia.com/plyr.php?p=Brandon&serv=reg

Brandon is 100% rogue, 70% monk, and 30% priest. By going 70% monk, Brandon allows himself aspects (to stack damage and inflict status effects), seize, sense, Sanct Mani (a heal much larger than Mani, although it requires a time delay), stoneform (which can supposedly be very powerful), and teleport.

On top of that, Brandon said his 70% monk works as a secret weapon in PvP. If somebody disarms him, his IF gloves and skill in unarmed combat will keep the damage coming! I think some battleweave gloves of some other +stat would still do the addy damage, but provide a benefit while using rogue weapons as well.

The 30% priest allows him to cast Mani with a 100% success rate, obviously, as well as get some greater benefit from heavy armour.

Mackey ( http://euotopia.com/plyr.php?p=Mackey&serv=reg ) has a similar build, but since he's a Vamp, he spent his last 30% on Fighter, rather than Priest. Mack says he went fighter for Tactics. He told me tactics is brutal, even going so far as to suggest that all characters should have 30 tactics!
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

Turtle wrote:On top of that, Brandon said his 70% monk works as a secret weapon in PvP. If somebody disarms him, his IF gloves and skill in unarmed combat will keep the damage coming! I think some battleweave gloves of some other +stat would still do the addy damage, but provide a benefit while using rogue weapons as well.
that's really clever
Mackey
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by Mackey »

Yeah if it wasn't for how useful seize and yeti are in pvp, and teleport, heal, and sense are in pvm and crafting, I would be full rogue/fighter.
Tactics is probably one of the best skills in the game, imo.
My build is mostly for PVP though, so it's a bit harder for me to grind levels out than most. The sun doesn't do me any favors either.
Riksta
buying vamp LS of any kind +5

Post by Riksta »

My understanding of tactics is that it adds AS (not sure how this affects your damage) and reduces damage taken by 25% when the skill is maxed. Does that mean when the skill is at 30%, damage taken is reduced by only 7.5%?
Mackey
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by Mackey »

Riksta wrote:My understanding of tactics is that it adds AS (not sure how this affects your damage) and reduces damage taken by 25% when the skill is maxed. Does that mean when the skill is at 30%, damage taken is reduced by only 7.5%?
That's how I figure it. And 7.5% is still a nifty little reduction, IMO. I dunno exactly how much AS I get from tactics.
Chedich
on lolpatrol

Post by Chedich »

Riksta wrote:My understanding of tactics is that it adds AS (not sure how this affects your damage) and reduces damage taken by 25% when the skill is maxed. Does that mean when the skill is at 30%, damage taken is reduced by only 7.5%?
That's how it works.

And as I see it it also gives you 7 AS at 100% tactics along with 2 def.