Loughf
LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON

Re: Proposal for appointing clans to halls

Post by Loughf »

Brandon wrote:
Loughf wrote:
eggmceye wrote:
Agreed ... I'm not sure how good all the drama is for the game / community

I wonder how much drama a scoreboard (even with a open formula for scoring) is going to create
too late. Brandon's being a huge ole pussy about something that makes NO SENSE and blah blah.

so as far as the drama goes its too late.

edit: GoD is twice the clan now that ERoD will ever be.

(kissing ass to bethanie) :heart:

Your kill on sight you know why end of this no more drama just blood.
you ain't nothing but talk. just stfu and do you boo boo, just do you boo boo.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

take it somewhere else
xShawtyx
Good morning, Captain.

Post by xShawtyx »

See what I mean? Changes haven't even been put in yet and it's begun... If you only could have seen Brandons post before it was changed.
Egg chopped off his arm to get rid of a rash, but its okay.. it'll grow back! He's a crab. Trist is my Fav TrollFace!!
brentoboy

Post by brentoboy »

I personally think that clan halls should be rented out ... auction style.

you could even use different coins for different auctions.
Several of the halls would be auctioned off to the highest bidder ... with gold coins.
There could be a hall that goes to the clan willing to pay the most crystal coins.
A few of them could be auctioned off to the clan who puts up the most addy coins.

Here's how it works...
There would be a merchant guy out front of each of the town halls.
You can go up to the merchant and see the total bids from each of the clans who have put up some money.
To make a bid, a player would give the merchant gold (or whatever kind of coins the merchant requires).
The merchant would take the money and hold it until the end of the month.
If you didn't win that clan hall, then the coins would be put back into your bank at the end of the month.
If you did win, the merchant keeps the money as rent for the upcoming month.
PD: Duncan
Reg: Zen / Natasha
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Before I used the hall as a house. Quite honestly, unless you're really serious about building some pseudo-empire on a server the hall are kind of worthless to some extent. Battling for them via death totals and capture the flag sounds more interesting than the economic way as the economy is messed up beyond repair.

Just make a slot machine and have people pull the handle. What ever they get is the clan they're in whether they like the others or not. Defend/defeat the others gain a booby prize.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

maybe the clans with the best OPs get the halls
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Well, I hope they're good writers then.

EUO = Educational Utility Organization
LordMortiferus
MACRO > me

Post by LordMortiferus »

I'll support the idea of clan hall take overs but would add following points/ideas to the discussion
1) Clan Halls are rewarded based on top 8 scorer list
2) if a clan drops out of top 8 list after x months, it looses its clan hall*
3) Lost Clan Hall will be stored till the clan gets back into top 8 to reclaim it
4) the clan either gets the old map back or can start anew depending on their wishes
5) maybe getting new players around should be rewarded by extra points
6) new clans start with a blank template

*I would probably go with 2 or even just one month.

I think this is something everyone could live with since loosing a clan hall wouldn't mean the end of the world as we know it - even gives old clans the motivation to to get back on their feet and reclaim their lost halls.

On a side note, maybe scatter the entrances between Sosaria, Maeondir and the Underworld.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

I still don't see how scoring comes into play. Top level. God that's too cheesable. Paying gold... again too cheesable... same with paying addy coins.

It has to be something better, otherwise clans will just pad their assets with top levels and frequency of being on again. And that's pretty meh to boot.
brentoboy

Post by brentoboy »

seems like clan hall ownership should be a reward for some kind of ongoing competition.

the competition should not favor older players more than newer players, nor should it favor higher level characters over lower level characters. Otherwise, all the old school, high level guys will be in exclusive clans that have clan halls. There's nothing inherently wrong with that, it is after all, the natural order of things. However, it seems there should be incentives in place to welcome new players into the whole clan experience, so they can feel a part of the game.

The real question is ... what sorts of "behavior" do you want to create an incentive for?
I mean, we might as well make the clan hall "formula" be based on stuff that makes the game more fun for everyone. It should be built with the goal of creating an environment that will grow the user base, and that will encourage people to "clan up" with people they get along with.

I personally think there should be a "tax" for clan hall ownership, some kind of fixed addy coin fee, and some gold, etc. just so people don't sit on a clan hall simply because they have one. You should probably have to have a certain number of active players as well, because you want the largest clans to be the ones with clan halls. That way the largest number of players will benefit.

it would be fun to have a game of capture the flag, where you sneak in to a clan hall, and steal the flag. obviously, you cant be allowed to steal other stuff. But you should be allowed to sneak in, grab some important flag thing, and get out without being killed. Then, take the flag to some shrine, and meditate with it, or something in order to score a point in the capture the flag game. Flags respawn every few hours.

At the end of the month, if your flag was captured more than X number of times, you loose your clan hall. And the clan with the most successful captures, gets first dibs on the halls that become available.

playing capture the flag at least makes it so that clan halls have to be protected 24/7 or become vulnerable. Which would encourage people to increase the number of people in their clan.

anyway, I don't see any reason to start playing musical chairs with the clan halls, unless you are trying to encourage some specific behaviors that will grow the game community, and/or encourage people to spend addy coins.
PD: Duncan
Reg: Zen / Natasha
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Yeah, and egg has used the capture the flag more than once I believe. It is actually Capture the Horse, Cow, Rabbit, but I could see this also being Capture the Chicken and Turkey also. Hell, they could even be worth different points. Flags could be reset per hour or something.

Perhaps something like this:
Each of the 5 is worth 1 pt.

1 = 1 point
2 = 3 points
3 = 5 points
4 = 8 points
5 = 10 points

So at the end of each hour different clans might have more points. Leaving the clanhall battle ground perhaps forfeits the item back to its resting place.

Objects should be randomly located each time they're reset.

Face it who's going to be on 24/7 to rack up points. It definitely gives you something to do besides grinding. Thing is do you guys really think its that important to get a hall instead of grind items/xp?
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

The problem with point control or ctf is that there is never enough players to run it properly.

I think what I might do is just do my own internal scoring and see if any clans need the boot and any deserve to get halls.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

Using my own numbers:
WoWz, SPT could be evicted due to lack of inactivity

ERoD qualifies except they haven't been round long enough and certain members have spent too much time shit-stirring and not enough time making amends. We can reassess in 6 months. My memory is pretty bad so maybe then I'll have forgotten all about it.

ACBH barely qualify except I have no idea who any of them are - theoretically that shouldn't matter

note: AWD already need a hall - they won the right to one a couple of years back but I haven't received the map yet ... I could just give them a blank template and they can DIY inagme
Onyxt
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by Onyxt »

If I may ask. Whats the whole point of this anyway? I mean the clan halls over the years have been basically given out arbitrarily. So if its an issue on being fair, there was never a set guideline to begin with, so its not like you owe people anything. I don't see why people can't just join GoD or one of the clans with halls and just use them.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

EGO I imagine (and not the clan). I'd love to see this "in-game" clan building though. That sounds pretty cool.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

Onyxt wrote:If I may ask. Whats the whole point of this anyway?
I can't remember to be honest and now I'm bored with it!
Here are some reasons off top of my head
* clean out the dead wood - of which there isn't that much
* make the game more dynamic
* give people something else to achieve
I mean the clan halls over the years have been basically given out arbitrarily.
I disagree. The original halls or so were given out to the 6 clans or whatever the number was that were around. Clans used to be made and ratified by me. They all got halls. Hall ownership has since twice changed using point control fights. And maybe 2 halls have since been added (eg D12, SPT?), and I would definitely disagree with those being arbitrary handouts. KoS got turned into GoD for whatever reasons I can't remember - probably due to drama.
So if its an issue on being fair, there was never a set guideline to begin with, so its not like you owe people anything.
I think the only firm guideline that existed was the clan had to be around for a while and not have stepped on my toes.
I don't see why people can't just join GoD or one of the clans with halls and just use them.
Yeh that is definitely one line of thinking. Just join one of the established clans. It's not very interesting, though stable.
Onyxt
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by Onyxt »

eggmceye wrote:
Onyxt wrote:If I may ask. Whats the whole point of this anyway?
I can't remember to be honest and now I'm bored with it!
Here are some reasons off top of my head
* clean out the dead wood - of which there isn't that much
* make the game more dynamic
* give people something else to achieve
I mean the clan halls over the years have been basically given out arbitrarily.
I disagree. The original halls or so were given out to the 6 clans or whatever the number was that were around. Clans used to be made and ratified by me. They all got halls. Hall ownership has since twice changed using point control fights. And maybe 2 halls have since been added (eg D12, SPT?), and I would definitely disagree with those being arbitrary handouts. KoS got turned into GoD for whatever reasons I can't remember - probably due to drama.
So if its an issue on being fair, there was never a set guideline to begin with, so its not like you owe people anything.
I think the only firm guideline that existed was the clan had to be around for a while and not have stepped on my toes.
I don't see why people can't just join GoD or one of the clans with halls and just use them.
Yeh that is definitely one line of thinking. Just join one of the established clans. It's not very interesting, though stable.
Fair enough, I guess the halls being given out randomly just seemed random to me at the time. The dead wood thing is a good reason; I just dont want to see clans that have been around since like 04-06 to completely vanish because the leaders have left for a while. I left WoWz and retook SoD simply because I couldnt taken ownership of WoWz like I could with SoD. Would break my heart to see either of those clan names and halls to fall from the daily EUO life.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

yeh I wouldn't really want to see WoWz get the boot either
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

none of this answers getting clan halls onto PD assuming I would want that