Chronicles of Keighn

"EUO - Further evidence that Diabloesque games kill real role-playing games."

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Chronicles of Keighn

Post by Keighn »

In an attempt at doing something new and fresh I am going to restart a character and write about his journeys the best I can. While my writing styles is severly rough and needs improvement, I figure I can at the very least try some creativity to bring a little new life to this game for myself instead of just grinding away. This will be a slow process considering I want to be relatively thorough. Hopefully I don't get too lazy too fast.

CHRONICLES OF KEIGHN

Keighn Before The Void

Keighn After The Void

New Beginnings

Where am I? Darkness………….. unfathomable darkness and pain. This void seems unending and yet I feel that I’m being pulled away from it. How long have I been here? Who am I? What am I? These questions rang through my being whatever it was. Something has happened and I am only now realizing that there is an end to this void. While the immense pain is excruciating, the fuzziness of this confusion is beginning to clarify itself. The last thing I remember……. The EXPLOSION!

I awakened to the sounds of the distant ocean crashing upon the rocks. Birds were twittering overhead as wind rustled the leaves. The warmth of the sunlight on my back felt good and I ran my hands in the fine bits of dirt beneath me. Sweet smells from some of the flowers and broken grass filled me with just enough strength to open my eyes and sit. A small ring of stones in this clearing looked vaguely familiar but I just couldn’t quite recall from where I had seen them. Several braziers were burning just outside the circle, the smell of fresh incense filling my nostrils with the scent of sage and lavender. An overwhelming sense of peace pervaded my inner being. Directly across from the circle I noticed a lightly worn path that led to a small bridge which spanned a small stream. The sun reflected off the waters edge and I could swear there might have been fish nibbling on some plants there.

I stood up and dusted myself off. The pain was all but gone but the sense of absolute puzzlement ached in my brain as I still couldn’t recall much of anything. Off to the side of where I stood was a neatly stacked pile of goods:

simple set of gi trousers
a long sleeve gi shirt
a backpack
3 vials of red liquid (labeled “Poison Antidote”)
3 vial of yellow liquid (labeled “Healing”)
5 Torches (freshly wrapped and oiled it would seem)
50 white sanitary bandages to dress wounds
3 Small loaves of bread
A butcher’s knife
And a small pouch of 100 gold coins

Inside the back pack I also found a quill and a very familiar leather bound book. The front page simply said “Keighn’s Journal”). I deduced that I was indeed “Keighn” although I couldn’t honestly remember that before. It was quite apparent that I was male and human as somehow I did remember basic biology and a great many other rudimentary topics. What was so remarkable was how light the book was. The rest of the pages were blank. I quickly began to record what I could remember knowing I would be chronicling even more. Perhaps more mysteries would be solved:

How Did I get to this strangely peaceful place?
What happened?
Who am I really?
Where is this place?

There was a chill breeze in the air so I quickly donned what little clothing there was. The gi tops and bottoms were surprisingly comfortable. Breathing in the incense I sat again and began to meditate on the situation. After a short time my mind felt clear; perhaps too clear as it seemed like I could see that which could not normally be seen. Instantly I noticed much; the ocean through the heavy growth of trees, the birds in the trees twittering, the fish in the stream, and even some of the bees on the flowers.

Now that I had my bearings I started to pack my gear. My stomach rumbled so I ate one of the small loaves of bread. This wouldn’t sustain me for very long but it would do for now. I can only hope that this road led to civilization.
Last edited by Keighn on Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:00 am, edited 4 times in total.
ZUPS!!!!
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Re: Chronicles of Keighn

Post by Keighn »

The Journey Begins

A gentle breeze came from the east picking up small bits of dust in the circle. Stretching to get the kinks out of my joints I noticed something moving from across the bridge. Crossing the bridge I couldn’t believe what I saw. Perhaps I was hallucinating but there sitting on a small log was a little man dressed in green. The teeny buckles on his boots, hat and belt shone like gold and I could notice a twinkle in his dark eyes. Not wanting to be rude I started to address the small man.

Image “Good day there.” I greeted the little man.

Image “Good day lad. Talk to me to turn off Lotl.”

Image “Lotl?” I inquired.

Image “You have already been flagged as Lotl. If you want to just play PD normally and not live off the land and not participate in the monthly ladder, type /lotl. You can type this at any time. If you want to know more about Lotl type info.”

Image “Info?” I asked looking more befuddled by the moment.

Image “The rules for Living off the Land are simple. No trade, no baking, no merchants, and no picking up anything off the ground that wasn’t dropped by something you killed. Now you know what it means to ‘Live off the Land!’”

Image “What is your name uh…. Little man?”

Image “My name is Living off the Land and I’m a leprechaun. Most call me Lotl for short.”

Image “What on earth are you talking about and what is it you do besides speaking jibberish?”

Image “I already told you lad, I’m a leprechaun and I try to teach you young’uns about living off the land. It really is quite simple.”

A slight look of annoyance crept across his face then he perked right up.

Image Grinning he chimed in, “You know, these lands can be dangerous it is best to know what to do just to survive.”

Image “What do you know about this place? I honestly don’t know where I am.”

Image He smiled, “Ah, where you be is New to thee and and isle it be.”

“Great!” I thought to myself. “Yet another puzzle that won’t be answered by this leprechaun.

Image “Apparently I am new to this land and now I know it is an island, can you tell me where this path lead.”

He sat there grinning polishing his shoes with a cloth he produced from his vibrant green coat. I could tell this wouldn’t gain me much more information as he was clearly ignoring me.

Image “Goodbye Lotl, and may you have a pleasant day.”

Image “BYE!” he said never looking up from his polishing.

This small bit of land was surrounded by a small stream lit by two braziers similar to where I had awoken. Yet another small bridge left the miniature island. I could clearly see the patch that crept into the forest. Just off to the side of the patch were two more braziers. Standing next to the northern one was a rather pretty red haired woman dressed in a blue tunic. She was warming her hands on the fire of the brazier. As I approached her I notice her very long ears and finely angled cheekbones on her face. She was rather slim and the belt accentuated her body all the more. She looked towards me and took a deep breath. I noticed her curvy breasts beneath the tunic as apparently it was chillier than she liked.

Image “Good day to you.” I greeted.

Image “Hello and welcome to Euotopia." she replied.

Image “My name is Keighn, please to meet you…”

Image “Naomi and I am pleased to meet you Keighn.”

Image “Eutopia?” I asked never hearing this name mentioned by Lotl.

Image Naomi smiled, “Ah tis the world upon which we live. “

Image “The small leprechaun, Lotl, mentioned to me that this was a New Isle I take it there are others?”

Image “Lotl likes to keep things short. He is interested in the well-being of others but is very biased about mankind and his mechanisms of civilization.”

Image “Why is that? I’ll admit he was a bit short with me.” I smiled hoping that perhaps Lotl overheard me from the distance.

Image Naomi grinned, “Ah, Lotl may very well be the last of his kind. He doesn’t seem to mind my company. My draconic parentage seems to put him more at ease than the few ‘travelers’ that come by here and there.”

Image “Travelers, like myself?”

Image “Indeed!” Naomi voiced. “Every once in a while we have travelers of sorts come by. It isn’t every day that someone ‘New’ appears but it does occasionally happen.”

Image “Does this island have a name?”

Image She laughed. “No, it does not. Some call it Newbie Island others just call it a New Life. I call it home.”

Apparently, the people who live here are more carefree than I. While it does seem rather pleasant I still wish they’d be more informative.

Image “So this path, where does it lead?”

Image A look of mischief crossed her face, “Well, to Newtown silly. I would ask you for aid Keighn if you would help me.“ She smiled again slightly demurely then brushed a lock of hair aside. “I have a job for you! “

Image Interested in this new development I took the opportunity. “Job?”

Image She brushed up close to me. “Well first thing you need to learn is how to talk to people and you seem to be doing very well so far.” She giggled then whispered in my ear. “Maybe it’s time for you to start with your first quest!”

Image I blushed not knowing exactly what she was referring but got the general gist. “Q..Quest…?” I stuttered slightly.

Image “Indeed, I have a simple delivery for you to make.” She giggled yet again.

Image “What delivery would that be?”

Image “Please take this letter to Torin the blacksmith on the other side of this island!”

Image A little disappointed I asked “Who is Torin?”

Image Winking she took my arm and pointed.. “Torin is the blacksmith in the town on this island. Keep to the path leading east, fight your way through the rats and the dungeon, and before you know it you will find yourself in the town. Talk to him the same way you did to me.”

Image “I really prefer the company of women.”

Image Quickly Naomi pinched me. “Just deliver the letter to Torin and I’ll be grateful for the deed.” She handed the rolled up parchment to me. “Please….” Quickly she kissed my cheek, hoping that’d seal the deal.

Image “Very well Naomi. I will do this for you. I must say you are making my visit here quite enjoyable. Perhaps I’ll see you again.”

Image “Perhaps you will. You never know.”

Image Taking her hand I kissed it. “Then farewell to you Naomi and may the rest of your day be filled with joy.”

She giggled and waved. It wasn’t too soon before I realized I wasn’t thinking things well enough through about my inquiries to this “Newbie Island” or the world of Euotopia. Based on my journey thus far it was very pleasant and perhaps I was in the afterlife. Euotopia meaning the same as utopia perchance. A community or society possessing highly desirable or perfect qualities. I could only hope as the void from which I vaguely remember wasn’t pleasant at all. Even the absolute pain from there made me cringe but that is behind me.

Wait, did she say rats and a dungeon? Hopefully these pests don’t bother me. A dungeon though, that seems out of place. Perhaps everything isn’t as it seems. I’d think they would have cleared the pests somehow. Ah well, it can’t bee to bad. It wasn’t long before the path led to a open gate with a fence nearly obscuring a few barrels. Looking inside there was nothing in most of them except some stagnant water, dirt, and a few pebbles. The forest patch looked to open up into a large clearing lit by more braziers. At least going to town would be well lit whether it be day or night..

Ah, onward to town.

“SQUEAK! SQUEAK! SQUEAK!” can a chorus rushing from the brush. There were rats and big ones at that. They began rushing me instantly biting and scratching at my legs. I didn’t have time to grab the knife or torches in my pack and was left with no recourse than to kick and swat the vile vermin away. The first scraggly rat rushed me and I manage to punt it into the bushes. Not wanting to be killed it took off for its life. It wasn’t long though, before it and its fellows cam rushing me from all sides. This isn’t how I imagined my Utopia to be.

Biting and scratching did the little beasts any good as new knowledge coursed through my brain. I couldn’t believe the speed in which I could strike with my hands crippling and killing the beasts. Soon it was all over and the bodies and my bruised hand were all that remained in the clearing. I decided one of the rats wasn’t too mangled and began to skin it and pack the meat in hopes that I could always cook it. Perhaps I’d have a rat sandwich. I certainly had the bread for that. More rats came from the brush and quickly began dragging away the corpses. Their excited squeaks made the decision for me that I would not stay here if they became more ravenous.

I quickly jogged out of the clearing following the road and braziers to another small bridge. The stream beneath flowed slowly and I could tell that in parts the water was a bit stagnant. As I crossed the bridge and followed the path further I was suddenly stung on the neck. A small cloud of insect rose from one of the stagnant ponds. I swatted the best I could as some of them got in my mouth causing me to choke a bit. Great, bugs for a snack and bites ad stings to go with it. This day is begging to get a whole lot worse. Perhaps I should have just stayed with Naomi. I wonder how she navigates this island so easily?

The larger of the insects seemed to have come from a small breach to the south by a nearby brazier. I guess the heat was more of an attractant that I needed. With the insects dead and my wounds bandaged, I took the liberty to investigate. The clearing opened up to a small beach with the stream just to my west. Ah! The fresh salt air of the ocean greeted me. I washed some of my wounds in the salty water. Peering out across the waves I could not discern any landmarks. Perhaps I was in the middle of the ocean since Lotl and Naomi said this was an island.

Retracing my steps back to the patch I continued. The path started to rise to a sharp incline twisting a bit. Unfortunately the trees and mountain here were so tall I could not see much of the island at all. The path came to an end . I had to crawl over some rough rocks next to two braziers and there it was… the cave entrance to what Naomi referred to as ‘the Dungeon.’ I guess these torches will come in handy after all. Seems I missed something else in the pack and that was a small tinderbox. Thank the gods for small miracles. Even without the tinderbox I could always use the braziers.

I began to meditate hoping my ‘Sense’ would locate anything hidden. Much to my chagrin, it revealed nothing but ocean, a tall mountain, and lots of forest. I pulled out the letter and noticed next to the seal there was some writing “Letter of Introduction.” My heart sank a little. Perhaps this was more of a love letter to Torin and she simply wanted a courier. So much for her flirting. I guess women really do know how to use their wily charms better than I cared to acknowledge. Packing up the letter I lit the torch and peered into the cave. It would seem the rope ladder led downwards into the dark. So much for ever-lit braziers now………
Last edited by Keighn on Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:59 am, edited 3 times in total.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Newbie Dungeon

The ladder was only slightly frayed although the thought of so many rats made me wonder why they hadn’t gnawed at it. Thankful those field rats preferred the clearing, I climbed down into the depths. Much of the Walls in the cave that greeted me was either natural or hewn from the rock with simple tools. It was slightly damp but one lone lit brazier provided some heat. Some of the walls were covered in a mossy growth except for the brick well on the eastern side of the cave. The construction was newish as was the door. I nearly tripped over a cow skull while investigating some of the mossy growth. Well, So much for that poor creature however it got down here.

The door had a small window so I took the liberty to peer inwards. I could see little except some rather odd placement of the brick flooring. Red and a yellowish gold was the choice for this interior decorator. My doubts about a pleasant land began to become even more dashed as I took account of the objects in this large room. On each end were stocks you’d commonly see to punish criminals. Splattered on the southern wall was some old dried blood. Why on earth would this be here in a utopian world. I tried to pry the kite and heater shields from the walls but they wouldn’t budge. Apparently , I’d have to look harder for a took. The moss on the wall and on the western stock indicated it wasn’t used recently or in a long time. The one on the eastern side of the room I was unsure of. On the northern wall on display between two pillars and behind a railing was displayed a yellowish bottle similar to the healing potions I had in my pack and some sort of small brass tool. On the southern wall was another similar display but it appeared to hold a spiked collar and a blade of unknown origin. Was this Naomi’s past-time fun? She’s either very kinky or the ones in charge of this island demand strict obedience.

Not wanting to disobey the law I decided to leave this interrogation chamber. The window on the door revealed another room with similar floor décor. The nearest to the northwestern wall was more bluish/violet in tint. It appears quite colorful If I do say so myself. A window on the southern wall held some sort of hidden room. Peering inside I could make out bones of some sort. They could be large animals or even people. What seemed rather weird was the large egg-like objects dispersed in the piles of bones. There almost looked to be some sort of glistening ooze on the egg of a greenish nature. One the eastern side of the chamber was a sign and several barrels with unknown contents.

Next to the mossy wall in this damp chamber was a dirty covered book attached to an old iron chain. In the northeastern corner of the chamber was an outlet and some running water that pooled amidst two large rocks. I took a look at the sign:

Written: “There is plenty to look at in Euotopia. You can look at the map, items, books, people, monsters, and pets!”

The mention of monsters didn’t make me feel very well at all. The more I thought about it the more I cringed at the idea of something hatching from those eggs. This was beginning to feel less and less pleasant and more of a mystery by the moment. I walked over to the book and began decided to flip through its pages:

Upon completing what was in the book it left me with some questions. I quickly jotted down some notes in another section of my journal:
New Sosaria (ANSWERED - Two Great continents Tanelorne East & Sosaria West combined = New Sosarian Continent)
Who is Kyle the Older?
Who is Shamino?
Who is the Stranger?
Who is the Young Man (Lord Eggleton?)
Who Was Mondain (Wizard) (now dead)
What is the Gem of Immortality? (or was as it is apparently destroyed)
Time & Space & Upheaval
Shards = Worlds?
Parallel Worlds
Ages of Darkness?
Towns Standing: Nordhaven, Port Izumi, Twin cities of Montor.
Unrest As People are lacking guidance & vision.
Lord Eggleton decrees 8 virtues stemming from 3 Core Principles Love, Truth, Courage & Creates Monuments to the virtues.
Where is Lord Eggleton?
Where is the Stranger?
Who is Lord British?

After I deliver this letter to Torin I’ll be sure to pay Naomi a visit again and ask about all of this. I may even talk to Lotl though I have the vague feeling he could care less. Sitting in the cave wasn’t exactly getting me any closer to town so I scanned the room again and noticed a sloid oak door on the north wall. I proceed to open it and it revealed aother damp room. It appeared that this room suffered some damage from a collapse of sorts. Perhaps the mountain wasn’t as stable as I had first thought. Boulders littered the ground and the north-eastern wall. Water had leaked through cracks in the wall forming another shallow pool. In the center of the room was yet another brazier. Much of the floor was damaged though there were still plenty of purple and bluish tiles still intact. A glowing energy field blocked the only other exit out of the room on the western wall. Approaching this field I noticed that a long handled lever protruded from the ground. It would appear that this lever had seen usage and was still functional. Pushing the lever forward instantly caused the field to crackle then disappear.

Peering through the opening I noticed that the walls got even damper than the moss-covered walls in this quake-damaged room I was in. In an alcove was an identical level to the one in which I pushed. Pulling this lever reactivated the field. I pushed this lever again and the field deactivated like before. At least if I made it to Newtown I’d be able to retrace my paths to inquire to Naomi some questions I had. In the opposing alcove was another cow skull. I’d seriously like to know why they were parading cows through this ‘dungeon.’

The stench from this rough hewn corridor was appalling. Moss covered the walls and the floor before me was soft and quickly gave way to a foul smelling swampy earth. It looked quite deep but I was able to step around the deepest part. The stench about made me vomit but at least it was a relatively small patch of swamp. Further in this wide passage I noticed more and more patches of moss and slime on the walls as well as a bit more of the foul swamp in the far corners as the passage twisted to the north. It was here that my terror was realized and perhaps the question to the oozing eggs. Vile slimy appendage-like amorphous blobs were on the ground. They immediately sensed me and began to ooze towards me with frightening speed. Quickly I thrust my torch towards the slimes but it was nearly put out by them. With little choice I began to strike at them with the only weapons I had, my fists and feet. Striking them was more difficult that I had first thought but they seemed to be harmed. The corrosive touch of their pseudopods burns my skin and I wondered if I would have to retreat. By the graces of my unknown martial skills I managed to dispatch them but not before they divided several times. It would seem that their enhanced metabolism had been engineered in such a way as to divide in a survival mechanism when threatened with death. I was most grateful that this didn’t happen upon each of the four slimes deaths. I would log this and the encounter with the rats and biting insects in another section of my journal.

Now that the vile slimes were rotting in a puddle of their own debris I waved my still burning torch in the small cave. This area, much like the previous was moss and slime ridden along with more of the noxious swamp in a corner. In the northwest I noticed a large headstone and the unburied bones of a poor unfortunate victim most likely from the slimes. Little was written upon the stone than “Rest In Peace.” Beneath that was something I couldn’t decipher perhaps the name of the deceased. It looked like it said “Frankie.” I couldn’t be sure.

A small crawlspace lead to the west into yet another damp swampy chamber. This particular area was yet again lit by an ever-burning brazier like the others I had encountered. I think the light and heat of these braziers has encouraged much of the grown down in this twisting dungeon. As I walked closer to the brazier I instantly began to hear the sound of a trickling stream and the small gurgle of a water fall. A rather modest bridge crossed this cavern stream and let to much newer construction than I had previously encountered.

Columns securely arched to the ceiling on the west side as well as on the northern exit of the chamber. The bright red stone work was a nice contrast to the golden-yellow and red stone floor. Three large rats were nibbling away at a bone. One of the was nibbling away at a dusty short bow. Quickly, I rushed them before they could react. With a swift couple of strikes the two littlest ones had their necks broken. Undaunted, the larger of the rats rushed me but was no match as I kicked it with all my might launching it into the wall cracking its spine. As it died a shimmering essence began to fill the room. Soon out of the mist a small figure stood hunched upon a crooked staff. Its ears were quite long and it had very green skin darker than the slimes or the moss I had encountered. It wore a gray robe with a large leather belt affixed to it. The dull brass buckle looked rather plain although there were some weird symbols I couldn’t quite make out. It addressed me.

Image “I am the ironfist grandmaster! I am here to train you. You are ready!”

Image“Train?” I inquired.

Image “Are you ready to travel to my dojo and defeat my disciple in order to advance your training? I ask a simple yes or no.”

Image “Wait, No. What is this all about.” I quickly blurted.

Image Its face remained calm and at peace. “Rarely am I mistaken!”

Image “What is an Ironfist Grandmaster?”

Image “I am here to train those disciplined in the ways of the monk. You are ready to have your skills tested. If you can defeat my disciple then you have ascended to be greater than you are now.”

Image “Tested? How so?”

Image “It is a simple test. You must defeat my disciple in hand to hand combat. Fear not! Even if you lose you shall not lose your life. I have instructed my disciples to use non-lethal combat on those such as yourself.”

Image “Dojo? What dojo?”

Image “The place of training for all my disciples is not held in this world but in the Celestial Dimension of Tranquility Only those worthy of training may enter. You are ready for training. I ask again, Are you ready to travel to my dojo and defeat my disciple in order to advance your training?“

Image “Very well. Yes, I shall travel with you for this training.”

With a wave of his hand the cave faded from view. Slowly a rather large and orange dojo began to come into focus. The Ironfist Grandmaster was absent from the building. It was securely stone with many ornate sigils and figures from some far away land. Four large arching column were in the four corners of the dojo reaching for each other at the ceiling. To the south was a windowed door and all along the walls were several windows revealing a forest of unknown trees and bushes. I couldn’t make out where these led to as a fog-like mist obscured the view. Three chair were on the west and on the east side of the dojo for either guests or contestants in this ‘match.’ A large crystal ball was near the northwestern chain and a pitcher of water was near the southwest chair. It appeared to be made of some sort of fine porcelain. A large brass-framed mirror was near the northeastern chair and a small table near the southeaster chair. Four burning braziers were on the floor which was tiled a purple on the outskirts and blue near the inner part of the dojo. In the center was a large blue carpet with more designs of an unknown origin. On the north side of the dojo was a plain white marble altar of some sorts situated near two pools of clear water.

My attention was quickly diverted as a misty cleared revealing a disheveled beggar.Image I approached him and began to ask a question but he stood quickly, then bowed, and proceeded to strike me in the throat. I managed to dodge and exchange several blows as his furiously fast strikes began to take a toll on me. By the gods this unassuming beggar was so well trained. As the battle wore on I managed to get the upper hand tripping him several times and punching him in the midriff. Then he bowed and turned to solid stone as my foot came crashing into his skull. I fell to the floor in pain from such a blow hoping I hadn’t shattered the bones in my bare foot. I took this time to take a few deep breathes while the Disciple continued to stay in his “stone-like” state. Soon, he shattered his stone skin pelting me with small fine bits of rock. He looked very refreshed for combat anew. Not knowing what else to I defended myself from his new assault. Again the battle went on and I was nearly on my dying breath as he about stomped my head in after he tripped me. With a quick punch to the groin I managed to knock him to the ground before kicking him in the ribs. He lay there unconscious before disappearing in a puff of mist.

Immediately to my west the IronFist Grandmaster appeared in a similar mist.

Image “Congratulations on your great success! You have gained mastery of the technique ‘Sleeping Fist.’”

Image “Sleeping fist?” I asked, very much out of breath.

Image “This technique, when used properly, will daze your opponent into a near sleep-like trance. If you are quick enough you make strike your target again weakening them considerably. As you progress I will teach you other techniques. Continue to master these as I will come to you again. You may now leave the dojo and continue on your way. The portal will take you back to where you were.”

It then bowed acknowledging my victory. I bowed back glad that this trial was over for now but still many questions burned inside me. As I was about to ask the master began to shimmer and disappear. With little else to do I entered the shimmering portal and reappeared back in the room with the bow and the dead rats. Inspecting the bow I could not tell much about it other than it had been used before. Some unknown magical script was writing on it that I could not decode. I tucked this into my backpack and proceeded. On my way.

A small antechamber supported by the columns in the room to the south and the room to the north fitted quite well here. Another brazier lit the way along with two large anvils and an unused bellows. Since I was not a smith I decided to bypass these and walk into the next room. Tis room had yet another brazier in the center. The walls were still of the new red stone construction as was the floor still the gold and red flagstone. Four fountains surrounded he brazier inviting me to drink. On the east wall was another kite shield while on the northern wall was a strange rune. This rune seemed rather plain and yet another mystery. The more I looked the more I couldn’t decide what it was. I was eager to get to town so I proceed to leave via the western exit.

Here two more columns arched to the ceiling. Between them was a short stairway upwards to a small room. I climbed the stairs and noticed this room was quite small. To the north was a small window revealing perhaps that same stream. I could just make out a building on the other side of the stream. The wall were an older stone of a white granite. In the center of this room was a shimmering portal. It glimmered off the older brickwork in the room. Just then I noticed something on the western wall. One of the bricks was slightly smaller than the other. I pushed the brick and the wall slid away revealing a small alcove. Affixed in the center of the wall was a human skull. This made no sense. It was quite secure and I failed to remove it. Again I began to question the utopian isle and its ‘innocence.’

The portal shimmered and I thrust myself into it. Quickly like the blink of an eye I was transported to the granite room I saw from the older brick room. A similar portal was here and upon entering it, I was transported back. Good, I could still talk to Naomi if I wished. A windowed door led out of the room and into another portion of the dungeon. More vicious squeaking confronted me as three rats rushed towards me. Quickly I dispatched them and tossed them into the stream. Another cow skull greeted me at water’s edge. I wouldn’t recommend this route to the average cattle herder. The north wall had more dried splatters of blood. The rough stone cave was bisected by a stream. A small bridge spanned the stream revealing what may be the end of this cave system. This final small stone cave had some small growths growing; probably from the faint amount of sunlight reaching the areas from the hole in the ceiling. A large wooden ladder was here so my egress was at hand. Near the northern wall was an old well. Peering down I could only discern the rope which I believe had a bucket attached. Since I wasn’t overtly thirsty for cavern water I climbed the ladder to the surface glad to be out of the dangerous dungeon……
Last edited by Keighn on Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:03 am, edited 4 times in total.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Creatures Encountered thus far:

Image Rats - These little beasts are rather vicious for the common rodent. They aren't difficult to dispatch but their large numbers can be overwhelming. Some of them grow to rather large sizes and these seem to be more vicious as perhaps these are leaders in their pack-like mentality.

Image Slime - The burning acidic touch from the pseudopods of these amorphous horrors still bothers me. I am uncertain to their procreation but I believe one of their methods is from eggs layed by the largest and most fertile slime. This doesn't exactly make sense considering they are more or less just a collection of cells or one cell. No matter how they were initially conceived they seem to have the ability to dived in
dire emergencies, usually upon their death. One may soon become two new slimes. This doesn't happen too often but even once is enough to cause me pause. I find it fortunate that they cannot divide at will.

Image Insects - Some of the bugs in Eutopia grow to a larger size than most of the ordinary ones. They do bite and sting harder than the rest and trying to dispatch even a small swarm of these annoyances can be tricky considering they are flying most of the time.

Image Ironfist Disciple - The first and only one I've encounered thus far appeared as a dishevelled beggar but looks are obviously deceiving as he was far more skilled in the arts of the monk than I was led to believe. My near defeat to its fists of fury was put on hold thanks to some quick reflexes and unorthodox thinking. I begin to think they may not be alive as I know it as it or he disapeared in a haze of mist.