Subscriptions, again

"EUO - Further evidence that Diabloesque games kill real role-playing games."

Moderator: EUO Moderators

eggmceye
hello

Subscriptions, again

Post by eggmceye »

Account Subscriptions

$5 bux a month ... with that you get a new currency to spend on new (and old) stuff.
  • A subscription will earn you say 10 premium coins a month.
  • Premium coins will be soulbound.
  • Any quantity of coins (that you have accumulated on your account) can be collected via the delivery bot (for example, if you have accumulated 25 coins, you could choose to withdraw 3 from the delivery bot using one of your players).
Spending premium coins ideas:
  • Premium coin shop: list of items & names of items TBC, suggestions welcomed
    • premium omelette (25% xp buff for 60 minutes)
    • Treasure map (level 16) - but contents of said dungeon TBC - but definitely no items that are better than you can already get
    • coin exchange/swapping your prem coins for adamantium
    • custom titles
  • The weekly premium coin special:
    • Once a week, a special (cosmetic) item will be put up for sale, eg glass brazier or something random but non-drop.
    • a special mount or special furniture.
    • The prices on these items will vary, so you might want to save some of your premium coins for them.
Please let me know what you think. The only thing that is close to certain is the allotment of coins to spend on stuff - rather than having a fixed list of things every account/char gets for their money.
Grunkk
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

Re: Subscriptions, again

Post by Grunkk »

Is this just something that 'could' happen? Or is it definitely happening and you're just asking for ideas about how it's going to work.
On a search to find the meaning of life... Oh wait, to get to level 450!
Onyxt
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by Onyxt »

I like this idea. However, I think the omelette would be better as an addy coin item. You'd make a pretty penny off of those each month.
GoldenGanondorf
I used to bake rockcakes in my bakery.

Post by GoldenGanondorf »

Allow purchasable saddles so that any pet you tame you can ride. (amazing)
Heroic BM cost one member of a party one premium coin to enter.(Allowing boss mobs to drop higher end items)
EUO the only game you can kill a Dragon while butchering his dead brother at the same time.
Severian
Good morning, Captain.

Post by Severian »

loyalty rewards. After having subscribed for say, a year, you get a special items as a reward: the ever-flowing feel good brew, which when used, gives your character the feel good effect (unlimited uses).

Want?
Turtle
Good morning, Captain.

Post by Turtle »

I understand that specifics are to come, just wanted to express my support for the idea.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

1 other item that people might love.

Henry's Powerful PIgments - random tint each month. Sort of a paint of the month. You never know what you get.
MoonGoat
Good morning, Captain.

Post by MoonGoat »

I think that paying for something in the game should only give cosmetic things really, and maybe some stuff for speed, like runes, hearthstones etc. Paying to correct "mistakes" is ok too, like racechange and stat respec.

The pet int and hp wands that can be bought in the addy coin shop is almost too much imo... greater wots too.

So please dont make alot of stuff other than cosmetic or for speed (that +xp omelette is fine) for monthly paying players.
"When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"
―Cave Johnson
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

Indeed one of the constraints is no noncosmetic-items/abilities/stats that you can't get by not paying

I'm never going to quit my dayjob at this rate :fp:
Severian
Good morning, Captain.

Post by Severian »

MoonGoat wrote:I think that paying for something in the game should only give cosmetic things really, and maybe some stuff for speed, like runes, hearthstones etc. Paying to correct "mistakes" is ok too, like racechange and stat respec.

The pet int and hp wands that can be bought in the addy coin shop is almost too much imo... greater wots too.

So please dont make alot of stuff other than cosmetic or for speed (that +xp omelette is fine) for monthly paying players.
But if things like that aren't included, EUO doesn't afford Egg much, which in turn means we get less bug fixes, updates and new content. If tons of people were buying the cosmetic stuff, it would be fine. However, since they aren't, I suppose some borderline items are ok to include. XD
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

First, add house tokens as a requirement to keep you not evicted from your trailer park home (same concept as merchent tokens, it's a check to see if you are still playing).

Then for subs, remove requirement for both merch tokens and house tokens.
Aerie
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Aerie »

I love it. Let's do it.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Is that tokens per week taken out or per month? Various careers and military don't always have schedules around terminals to log in. IMHO take a house token out per month. Or allow the rent to hold more 1 or 3 tokens.... perhaps 10-12 tokens to load up in there.

Extra -
Those paying a subscription can wave the house token fee by using one of those premium coins/tokens.
MoonGoat
Good morning, Captain.

Post by MoonGoat »

If tokens is needed for the gold-payed houses, what would happen to people like me who bought a basement? Will the basement be the only thing left? What would happen to all the items in the chests and on the floor?
"When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"
―Cave Johnson
Heniek
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Heniek »

I think it was suggested before, but how about private dungeons accessible from house for those who buy subscription?
It's always funny until someone gets hurt. Then it's just hilarious.

Heniek, Macros, Reptile [reg]
Undertow, Macros, Khelavaster, Reptile, Burn [PD]
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

I take it someone could pay months or years in advance if they so wanted to?

Thinking along the line of items they could buy that would be utilitarian:
Adamantium Merchant Token (never decays while on merchant)
Adamantium House Rent Token (never decays while on merchant)
Portable Delivery Bot
Iron Chicken (summons up the scavenger hunt chicken on the go)
Onyxt

Post by Onyxt »

Access to a faster drake mount (different than the drac racial), or the magic carpet. Add in all the previous Christmas gifts to a merchant for the premium shop call it "The Ghosts of Christmas Past" or something corny.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

I almost suggested something akin to horse speed in the dungeons via some special item. Many people don't like slow walking speed.
Onyxt

Post by Onyxt »

So has this been put on the back burner for now?
KoRnAGAIN
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Post by KoRnAGAIN »

eggmceye wrote:Account Subscriptions

$5 bux a month ... with that you get a new currency to spend on new (and old) stuff.
  • A subscription will earn you say 10 premium coins a month.
  • Premium coins will be soulbound.
  • Any quantity of coins (that you have accumulated on your account) can be collected via the delivery bot (for example, if you have accumulated 25 coins, you could choose to withdraw 3 from the delivery bot using one of your players).
Spending premium coins ideas:
  • Premium coin shop: list of items & names of items TBC, suggestions welcomed
    • premium omelette (25% xp buff for 60 minutes)
    • Treasure map (level 16) - but contents of said dungeon TBC - but definitely no items that are better than you can already get
    • coin exchange/swapping your prem coins for adamantium
    • custom titles
  • The weekly premium coin special:
    • Once a week, a special (cosmetic) item will be put up for sale, eg glass brazier or something random but non-drop.
    • a special mount or special furniture.
    • The prices on these items will vary, so you might want to save some of your premium coins for them.
Please let me know what you think. The only thing that is close to certain is the allotment of coins to spend on stuff - rather than having a fixed list of things every account/char gets for their money.
I like the way this idea is coming along, though i can see it's not been talked about for awhile :knife:
So, i figured i'd comment and bring some life back to the matter, because i would be one of the people to pay the 5$ a month to gain the "Premium" features.
Though some players may be against the idea, like it's been said all along; It's optional.
And i like the "Cosmetic" stuff. Keep some sort of fairness in play along with not making euo a, like you stated in another thread "Pay to Win" type of game. :o

I would like to see some life breathed into this idea! Now that that big update is out, maybe find some time for this :lesson: ?

-Colt