Another MMO site to vote for EUO

"EUO - Further evidence that Diabloesque games kill real role-playing games."

Moderator: EUO Moderators

1[WoWz]
MACRO > me

Another MMO site to vote for EUO

Post by 1[WoWz] »

Hey everyone. I found another site that we should all vote for EUO on. If we all vote, we might be able to get EUO as the game of the month. :mrgreen:

http://www.mpogd.com/games/game.asp?ID=1867

It looks like everyone can vote once a day.
IGN: 1
Djanno
Here for the lesbians.

Re: Another MMO site to vote for EUO

Post by Djanno »

Ah yes, I remember that site. Eraamion wrote the first review in '04!
Djanno :smoke:
LordMortiferus
MACRO > me

Post by LordMortiferus »

EUO is already on rank 16 XD
Getting it into the top 10 should be possible!
Djanno
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Djanno »

EUO at #12 with 68 votes right now.
Turtle
Good morning, Captain.

Post by Turtle »

5 more votes (as of this posting) and we're #10!
Djanno
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Djanno »

#10 with 85 votes now :cool:
DrRude
Good morning, Captain.

Post by DrRude »

Still at #10. Also, this site has EUO listed as not being Massively Multiplayer. Submitted a correction.
ChrisCooper
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

Post by ChrisCooper »

Well, EUO's not a massive multiplayer. All in all, we haven't had more than 5 people on one server at a time in forever.

Before we worry about a portal site that'll attract a handful of players (9 out of 10 which wouldn't make it past newbie island) we should try to get some of the older players to come back, so that there's a good bunch of experienced players online that can greet and help the newbies, and show them that there are actually other people that play this game (nobody wants to play a multiplayer game by themselves).
I'm here to kick ass, and chew bubblegum. And I'm all out of bubblegum.
DrRude
Good morning, Captain.

Post by DrRude »

ChrisCooper wrote:Well, EUO's not a massive multiplayer. All in all, we haven't had more than 5 people on one server at a time in forever.

Before we worry about a portal site that'll attract a handful of players (9 out of 10 which wouldn't make it past newbie island) we should try to get some of the older players to come back, so that there's a good bunch of experienced players online that can greet and help the newbies, and show them that there are actually other people that play this game (nobody wants to play a multiplayer game by themselves).
You make some great points, Chris. There are a few more things to keep in mind...

For starters, people get bored and move on. This has always happened with single player games, so it only makes sense that it happens with multiplayer, too. It's especially true in situations where those players got into the game when they had time to play for days at a time and get to some insane level. This gets even more boring when you own 1000 of everything possible. Aside from online games we see it all the time with Social Media websites. Just a few short years ago (circa 2007), MySpace was on top of the mountain. Now, it's Facebook. And even though FB was originally started for the college crowd, I've heard rumblings from more than a few high school kids who think that Facebook is "old" and "it's for old people". It's only a matter of time before that next migration hits.

Secondly, from what I remember of many of the old players is that they were mostly guys ranging in age between their late teens and early-to-mid 20s. Well, that right there adds a whole new dynamic to "moving on". In that age range, life starts changing. High school and college graduation. Girlfriends, wives, and babies come into the picture. Jobs turn into careers. Real life happens. And still there are new games to get into. I've lost count of how many times I've seen it happen at various bars, pubs and clubs I've frequented in the past.

The bottom line, forget about trying to get the old players. Those days are gone. The ones that will return seem to drop in occasionally, look around, pine for the glory days and then disappear again. The others that don't already drop in from time to time will probably never return. Either way, trying to cater to getting "them" back makes about as much sense as undoing all the changes EUO has undergone to make it look and play like it did during "the good old days", way back whenever.

A few lifetimes ago, an old Rasta gave me some words to live by and they apply here: Forward Ever, Backwards Never. The move is to win new players and cultivate a culture with them... raise up fresh new warriors, just like the older players raised themselves up. And let the dead bury the dead.

And on a side note, I think EUO would experience a new player Renaissance if it was ported over to work on Android phones and tablets. The game is perfect for them and vise versa. And porting EUO to game consoles would probably be a bad move; it'd open the game up to a bunch of click-n-shoot gamers who don't really seem to respect anything except over-the-top gore.
Djanno
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Djanno »

EUO is #8 with 143 votes
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

Euo is so quiet atm that it would be a great time to some massive overhaul of something , like something I've been too scared to do in case I pissed too many people off....
DrRude
Good morning, Captain.

Post by DrRude »

eggmceye wrote:Euo is so quiet atm that it would be a great time to some massive overhaul of something , like something I've been too scared to do in case I pissed too many people off....
If it's not gonna kill our characters, why not? Audentes fortuna iuvat

;-)
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

lvl cap 300
remove vas mani (or make it take 5 seconds to cast and fail if interrupted)

actually I dunno that's about it X-D
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

not that I'm going to actually do either of those things, but it would be a great time to do something drastic
DrRude
Good morning, Captain.

Post by DrRude »

eggmceye wrote:not that I'm going to actually do either of those things, but it would be a great time to do something drastic
Oh the FEAR and LOATHING! X-D
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

'drastic' update coming
DrRude
Good morning, Captain.

Post by DrRude »

eggmceye wrote:'drastic' update coming
Yo, that's awesome... and the demo is tight, too!
Djanno
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Djanno »

Cool :mrgreen: