vampires!

Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Eclips
egg has really fucked this game up :(

Re: vampires!

Post by Eclips »

I dunno if anything can really be done about this but, Vamp fighters on pd don't really have any good dual classing options. I went monk, but really the only spells that are useful are heal and seize. Don't get me wrong, they are useful, but it doesn't allow for much variety. But i think this falls along the same lines as all the other dual classing complaints/issues.
KoRnAGAIN
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Post by KoRnAGAIN »

mud wrote:
Eclips wrote:I really like the Murnau map and the AI attached to the mosters!
Yeah, that map is great, I enjoyed that quest part much more than I should have. Really nice job whoever did that map (Mort?)
The last map made me poop myself....that last quest, for pd, was difficult. Almost died! Went down to 20hp on my lvl 290 alt MrStone.

Overall I loved the quests! Made things new again. Always nice to have stuff around the corner i've not explored :cool:

My only concern is, Why is the CO so long :?
Kills me! Liteally. I believe 10min CO is far far too long for it to be any form of in our favor :/

-Colt
Mackey

Post by Mackey »

eggmceye wrote:I'm all for tweaking and making vamps better so keep posting
Do you have sarcasm down under already? Geez, how the years fly by.
Mackey

Post by Mackey »

Sunlight damage lasts until 23:00 (11:00 pm), a couple of minutes after dusk. Is that a bug, or is it considered to be "sunset"? And, if so, care to reduce the damage to 1 or 2% during the last couple minutes?
GoldenGanondorf
I used to bake rockcakes in my bakery.

Post by GoldenGanondorf »

Put in shadows that allow vampires to not get the sunlight damage. Such as by mountains, forest, trees, and sides of buildings. Just an idea
EUO the only game you can kill a Dragon while butchering his dead brother at the same time.
Eclips

Post by Eclips »

Couple of bugs:

You can "break" sun damage. If you our out of combat and your natural regen kicks in, and then you meditate you stop healing and taking damage all together. You still get the message saying you took damage, but your health bar is unaffected. You also don't gain health while meditating but you still gain med skill. This remains unchanged until you take damage.

Whatever the vamp special is, kills the blood queen in 17 or so seconds. I assume the damage just needs capped.
KoRnAGAIN
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Post by KoRnAGAIN »

Eclips wrote:Couple of bugs:

You can "break" sun damage. If you our out of combat and your natural regen kicks in, and then you meditate you stop healing and taking damage all together. You still get the message saying you took damage, but your health bar is unaffected. You also don't gain health while meditating but you still gain med skill. This remains unchanged until you take damage.

Whatever the vamp special is, kills the blood queen in 17 or so seconds. I assume the damage just needs capped.

Yeah-- Me, Donny, Sease, and Adi killed queen in 17secs....
Despite the bug, #Win :aus:

-Colt
Mackey

Post by Mackey »

^The only honest player left in EUO. The rest of us were cheesing the fuck out of these bugs. I'm not apologizing.
Eclips

Post by Eclips »

Mackey wrote:

^The only honest player left in EUO. The rest of us were cheesing the fuck out of these bugs. I'm not apologizing.
*wakes up sober and remembers that not only does honestly earn you nothing, it's frowned upon by society.* ffuuuuuuuuccck. LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON

+1 integrity, -10 to everything else. :lesson:
Eidolon
I should probably get out more.

Post by Eidolon »

I feel these buffs should be added to vampires. I don't feel it would make them overpowered or really draw many more people to wanting to turn vampire. Instead, they would just balance the "race" out a little better and also add a little to the lore part of it.

During preservation/bloodlust, character has the vampire avatar. It switches back upon 60 seconds ending.
Have permanent +2 nightvision (stacks with nv buff gear)
Have permanent +3 infrared vision (sensing the blood of a monster/player within radius of 3 tiles)

I think this would add to the glamour of being a vampire while maintaining it's balance. Respectfully suggesting these, as I feel it will complete the addon to the character. No other additions need to be made to vampires with these additional attributes.

Quest was fun as hell btw, I love me some puzzlez!
MoonGoat
Good morning, Captain.

Post by MoonGoat »

Yeah, the vamps really should have some way of seeing in the dark since they are forced to be there all the time.
"When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"
―Cave Johnson
Mackey

Post by Mackey »

Eidolon wrote: Have permanent +2 nightvision (stacks with nv buff gear)
Have permanent +3 infrared vision (sensing the blood of a monster/player within radius of 3 tiles)
This fuckin' guy with his good ideas that don't make vampires any stronger but still makes sense in pretty much every vampire mythology ever. This fuckin' guy
Eidolon

Post by Eidolon »

Shrike had a good idea for capping the damage of vampyric bite. He suggested either it entirely not work on or have very reduced dmg against monsters that are unglassable. Either way, the only way vampyric bite is overpowered is with special bosses like the blood queen. For everything else it is stronger than attacking with your regular weapons, however the huge cooloff and the fact it can only hit one monster at a time balances it out completely.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

great to be getting enthused about vamps but seriously they were alphad for 2 years :o and now all these changes? :rage:

kinda says something about not bothering with alpha server
Eidolon

Post by Eidolon »

Well, better late than never. But this kinda goes along with what I was saying in the ideas thread in EUO Dev forum. Theres some ideas I definitely wouldn't mind putting on the table or working with you for a reasonable amt of time with a little schedule to help implement them (as I'm sure you would find out lots of devoted players would, if they knew their ideas would be fully considered). Obviously you'd have to be subjective to whose ideas you really pay attention to, but thats an easy fix. I just don't wanna spend time putting together an extremely well thought out to do list that won't even be considered.

Easy fix for alpha and testing is treating it like a business. At a business ppl are already getting paid but won't go outa their way to help troubleshoot or come up with ideas to increase efficiency. The majority of gamers are there to just play the game - and this is a free game at that. If there was a simple incentive system for alpha, I guarantee everything would be more improved before coming to reg server. Something off the top of my head is for every idea submitted to forums that is well thought out and gets implemented, theres an addy coin bonus. Who cares if someone gets a free greater wand of transference if it helps you manage testing and your time better? That being said, you don't wanna spread the playerbase too thin (ie, everyone on alpha, or reg, or pd only) - so thats where other ideas I have of increasing playerbase would help.

It all goes hand in hand.
Eclips

Post by Eclips »

America, where our corporations are not only people, they're the people who set our value systems.

"Let's look at everything from a business standpoint, and make profit the only value. Nothing can go wrong there!" :ymca:
Eidolon

Post by Eidolon »

That was almost as counterproductive as this post saying how counterproductive yours was.
Eclips

Post by Eclips »

I'm just saying maybe you could appeal to people other ways. Also no one wears leather :ymca: because they want to be productive.

For instance, people like to feel like they are a part of things. Pick a handful of players who know the game well to be your alpha testers. Let them know what you're aiming for, and keep an ongoing list of noted bugs or needed changes. It would probably also help to divy up tasks more specifically (E.G. Eclips, you test vamps lifesteal/sundamage. SF, you test their abilities in many different scenarios)

People are much more likely to do something if:
1. They feel personally responsible.
2. They can see the fruits of their efforts.

I think a big issue, for me anyway, is the level of conversion Max contributes to. He tends to be all business on the forums, which is understandable, but leaves people feeling like their input is ignored/overlooked, or people like they are wandering in the dark without a clear goal. There's been a couple of times, most recently vampires, where It had been so long since I had seen active conversation on the topic that I thought it just fell to the wayside.
Eidolon

Post by Eidolon »

Lets keep stuff like this in ideas thread or make a new one only abt what we're talkin abt. Keep this thread vampire intensive
Turtle
Good morning, Captain.

Post by Turtle »

Level 131 mage (not vamp), but noticed casting XM on a vamp did more damage than my XC...