Magic Resistance

"EUO - Further evidence that Diabloesque games kill real role-playing games."

Moderator: EUO Moderators

SiNeR
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Magic Resistance

Post by SiNeR »

ok I`m a bit confused and dont know what is going wrong... well i noticed that when I have around 1200 MR dragons hits me for like 20+ dmg from VF and when i have 1600 MR the dmg isnt reduced. It`s over 400 MR more and still no reduction? All i all this isnt the consufing part for me, but when i fight shadow demons or shadow dragons or blood hydras it is starting to be weird. They hit me for the same dmg(around 120) with 1200 as with 1600 MR. Is there any break point or sth when MR starting to be usefull on these kind of mobs??
"we are elite, you are not!!"
-goblin elite
Heniek
Here for the lesbians.

Re: Magic Resistance

Post by Heniek »

Magic resistance reduces magic damage max to 25% (or 20%, don't remember exactly, however it can't reduce it just to one point) monster normal damage, that's why when you go with MR past certain breaking point, there is no further damage reduction. And yes, there is a breaking point where magic damage is getting reducted. More int monster have (= more powerful mob is), more MR you need to start cutting it's dmg down.
It's always funny until someone gets hurt. Then it's just hilarious.

Heniek, Macros, Reptile [reg]
Undertow, Macros, Khelavaster, Reptile, Burn [PD]
DaDude
I'll be going back to Tibia next week.

Post by DaDude »

MR increases by your level if i'm right?

And you should be wearing lots of MR+3 gear.
SiNeR
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by SiNeR »

yes you got 1 mr point per lvl and few mr points per stat... and im using bands(both give +10MR) and a +5 and +4 mr gear... and still getting hitted for so mutch... thats why i was confused, but now thanks to Heniek i know how this works.
-goblin elite
Aerie
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Aerie »

What Hen said. It only reduces damage to a certain point. so at 500MR daemons will hit for about 10-15 I think, and at level 250827405827308457203894250935 with twice that number in MR, they'll hit the same. It doesn't make you 100% resistant until you hit 10k MR (which is physically impossible unless on Alpha or be a DM.)
DaDude
I'll be going back to Tibia next week.

Post by DaDude »

SiNeR wrote:yes you got 1 mr point per lvl and few mr points per stat... and im using bands(both give +10MR) and a +5 and +4 mr gear... and still getting hitted for so mutch... thats why i was confused, but now thanks to Heniek i know how this works.
where you get such gear? :?
SiNeR
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by SiNeR »

ehh... today I`ve got confused... im spaming anathema HC and so far i was killing blue dragons without any prob... 2k MR, they hit me with VF for about 20-30 dmg with berserker stance active and red drag meat... but toady with SAME STATS, gear , buffs etc sudenly blue drags start hit me for 50+ dmg.... i dont understand this rly... some time ago somebody was complaining about some VF bug... and i was replying to this i got same problems on my mage... but for a long time nothing hapends... and sudenly today this returns
-goblin elite
Eclips
egg has really fucked this game up :(

Post by Eclips »

Beserker stance increases the damage you take. That probably gets taken into affect before the damage reduction of MR and so you're seeing more than a 25% increase.
SiNeR
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by SiNeR »

ehhh Eclips sry but I said "same gear, stats, buffs" i mean that once when i log i get 20-30 dmg and other time i get 50+ ..... I know what berserker stance is doing....
-goblin elite