The fighter class - What are your opinions

"EUO - Further evidence that Diabloesque games kill real role-playing games."

Moderator: EUO Moderators

eggmceye
hello

Re: The fighter class - What are your opinions

Post by eggmceye »

It's definitely stupid how yellow pot has a cooloff and mani doesn't. I think it's an oversight tho - I remember changing xen mani, when I was playing a support healer on reg a lot, but you know mani and xen mani use the same bit of code, so they both got massively buffed. maybe put a cooloff on mani, but not xen mani, similar to yellow pot.
ibrowniedefender
on lolpatrol

Post by ibrowniedefender »

eggmceye wrote:....maybe put a cooloff on mani, but not xen mani, similar to yellow pot.
with yellow potions, you get a cool-off whether you use it yourself, or you use it on something else
so shouldn't both mani and xen mani, get a cool-off?
Akyla
I accidently ate my friend's placenta!

Post by Akyla »

eggmceye wrote:
Classes:
Mage:100%, Priest:75% : 11
Rogue:100%, Priest:75% : 5
Fighter:100%, Priest:100% : 4
Mage:100%, Priest:100% : 4
Fighter:100%, Priest:75% : 4
Fighter:100%, Priest:29% : 3
Fighter:75%, Priest:100% : 2
Mage:100% : 2
Rogue:100%, Priest:29% : 2
Monk:100%, Priest:29% : 2
Rogue:100%, Monk:70%, Priest:30% : 2
Dual-class = priest. There is nothing else it is good for really. It would be nice to see it to the point where noone WANTS to dual-class priests without nerfing the priest spells. This would actually make 100% priest much more viable again just to have a support class run around with a party. Compared to everyone supporting themselves. Nerf priest spells = bad idea IMHO. Pure priests are already shoddy enough, maybe buff up priest with new support spells? I dunno.

Don't like dual class? Just make it so there is no worthy dual-class that is worth it, then scrap the shit. Every other class has gotten "features" or whatever so it isn't worth dual-classing EXCLUDING priest. How many pure priests are on reg and PD atm that are lvl 100+?
You get what anyone gets; you get a lifetime.
When the first living thing existed, I was there waiting.
When the last living thing dies, my job will be finished.
Next thing you're going to be moaning that I ought to get a scythe...
SanJorge
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Post by SanJorge »

My human Fighter/monk on PD is working fine , he has a vampy clay of leech +2 , with berserk stance he does decent damage.
Severian
Good morning, Captain.

Post by Severian »

berserker stance seems to be working fine now
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

ibrowniedefender wrote: with yellow potions, you get a cool-off whether you use it yourself, or you use it on something else
so shouldn't both mani and xen mani, get a cool-off?
good question brownie X-D - to be fair yes they should, but if you have no cooloff on the ones that you use/cast on others then it encourages teamwork
Eidolon
I should probably get out more.

Post by Eidolon »

Priests definitely don't need to be stronger. They are by far the strongest class. Before transferring the exp off the char I was solo'ing black dragons at level 45 without pots or running away during any of it, no matter if it summoned demons or not.

The reason nobody plays priests is because they're boring as fuck (hurts but its the truth). They need some pizazz, not buffing/nerfing. Something to make them more fun. I could go into more detail but I think it'd just sound like pessimism instead of constructive criticism. Imho, they're kinda like a boring fighter which is already boring to me. No dual class option would be cool though even though I'm pretty sure we all cried for bringing back over 125% class cap a few years ago like a bunch of whiny bitches haha.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

yeh they are, but I'm not in the mood for tarting them up right now

I am talking about Mani (not xen mani) / pot cooloffs tho
Eclips
egg has really fucked this game up :(

Post by Eclips »

What if you attached some passive class bonuses onto a skill specific for every class, kind of how tactics is for fighters. The point being that individual classes remain relatively unchanged, but dual classing offers bonuses that are usable by all.

Mages get the same MR gain as rogues and fighters get from high xp, but having 100% in a magic skill gives a bonus of MR that would level mages mr to their current level.

Rogues get an acrobatic skill that grants a dodge and/or counter-attack.

Monks passive crit bonus is attached to unarmed skill.

Balance out the bonuses so that, overall, your primary class remains unchanged but your secondary skill is granting a bonus.

Example: 100 Fighter, 75% monk: Fighter with a bonus to crit rate equal to 75% of the bonus you get as a monk currently.
Aerie
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Aerie »

Eclips wrote:What if you attached some passive class bonuses onto a skill specific for every class, kind of how tactics is for fighters. The point being that individual classes remain relatively unchanged, but dual classing offers bonuses that are usable by all.

Mages get the same MR gain as rogues and fighters get from high xp, but having 100% in a magic skill gives a bonus of MR that would level mages mr to their current level.

Rogues get an acrobatic skill that grants a dodge and/or counter-attack.

Monks passive crit bonus is attached to unarmed skill.

Balance out the bonuses so that, overall, your primary class remains unchanged but your secondary skill is granting a bonus.

Example: 100 Fighter, 75% monk: Fighter with a bonus to crit rate equal to 75% of the bonus you get as a monk currently.
+1
WbBann
Here for the lesbians.

Post by WbBann »

Well gotta say I'm quite impressed with Fighters atm, they don't seem overly buffed nor under-whelmed.
LordMortiferus
MACRO > me

Post by LordMortiferus »

My opinions for the different changes:

1) Mani
cannot complain - was totally op before.

2) Thunderclap
way better, though I think the para-status should be a bit longer.

3) Shield Bash
For me it is op'ed with 4 sec para - that is about the time to regenerate 50 rage and paralyze the mob again.

4) AS
I think def of mobs need to be adjusted to the new AS calculation for players. Killing a Guard that has a def of 100 should be fairly easy now even lower lvls than before.

5) Berserker Stance
Definitely makes 2h better.
Gildur
Kodiak has probably banned me by now.

Post by Gildur »

can't say i noticed much difference in Mani at all, as a fighter/priest it's all easy mode anyways. only thing that sucks is low damage, but i guess we have to pay for our easy mode in some way or the other. on the 2 handed issue, who in their right mind would give up enchanted weapon + (10 MR and 6 def sentri shield) for something which is slow and not much better damage tbh (cleave + IJO is a killer due to half MR). only thing i use 2 handed for is blood queen.
my God, it's full of stars...
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Wow! That was quite a read. I'll have to check out these new fighter options. I do like to use 2-handed weapons on various alts.

Specials:
I'm sure people still love cleave and flurry and they look fine to me. Is thunderclap still pretty good? What about bloodbolt?
ZUPS!!!!
MoonGoat
Good morning, Captain.

Post by MoonGoat »

Keighn wrote:Wow! That was quite a read. I'll have to check out these new fighter options. I do like to use 2-handed weapons on various alts.

Specials:
I'm sure people still love cleave and flurry and they look fine to me. Is thunderclap still pretty good? What about bloodbolt?
Thunderclap is alright vs many enemies, not so good against single ones since it only confuses and not stuns the target. Bloodbolt is as bad as always (my opinion).
"When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"
―Cave Johnson
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Agreed. I just tested bloodbolt amped up on one of my fighters. 141 AS, average damage 179 with a swing. The blood bolt was pathetic being 12-25 dmg. Utterly useless except as a draw method.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

I should restate that last post. For low level mobs up to ettins it is fine. I'm wondering if frenzy bonus adds to the blood bolt damage.
GoldenGanondorf
I used to bake rockcakes in my bakery.

Post by GoldenGanondorf »

Give a generic special allowing all classes to turn a one handed weapon into two (Two handed grip).
Gives 10% attack bonus
or
25% attack bonus
25% slower attack speed
EUO the only game you can kill a Dragon while butchering his dead brother at the same time.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

The last thing a pd alt of mine saw before an onslaught of mino chieftains bloodbolted me.