Deja Vu maping

"EUO - Further evidence that Diabloesque games kill real role-playing games."

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Paru
LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON

Deja Vu maping

Post by Paru »

This has been a slow moving project of mine for probally a year now.
This is a project to make a Text map for Deja Vu, meaning what the area looks like, are there any shadow creatures(mostly imps some dragons thus far)? what exits are there.
In game tools: Magic Sextant(low level enchanting item) - this lets you know where you in ALL maps. Most important item for mapping.
True sight(spell\scroll\misc) - Part of what maps look like is what hidden monsters are around, just monster Type and #.
Invisibility(V\SL spell\scroll\misc) - mostly to avoid wasted time fighting monsters so you can explore more.

Here is a guide to maping:
Format Map #(Description like where is this in non deja vu): hidden monsters(SI\SD?), Blink(IP) exits Types(X, Y)=MAP # (X, Y)

hidden creatures SI = shadow imps SD= shadow Dragons

Anything with IP means Blinkable, No IP means confirmed not blinkable, if neither that means didn't checked.

Type AKA what they look like on map!!!
P = Portal
S = Stairs
T = Town
C = Castle
V = Void\black etc
H = House
M = Mine
G = GraveStone
B = boats AKA inside towns
L = Light house
?I = ships?
raft?
= chair
I tend to do exits left to right top to bottem, unless they are right next to eachother(double stairs)
Any # after the first letter is the #, Typically Left to Right(X) Top to Bottom(Y).
ALL X&Y coordinates will be in () before = sign
Anything after = is the relevant info AKA Map # and X\Y info.
M= Map

Example: M 2("Town from Noob Island"): 7 SI, IP P(81,92)= M5 (31, 2).

In that example Map 2 looks like the town you visit on that noob(new player) island. it has 7 shadow imps you can Blink there is one exit it looks like a portal located at 81, 92. That portal leads to Map 5 Location 31, 2.

The biggest help someone can do is description. What level of what dungeon the map is, both the official map name(name by the small mini map) and what people know\recognize. Like the top floor of the lighthouse near Nord. I'll probally post the maps i have so far next week.
In general stairs\towns tend to lead back while portals just drop you off someplace and no way "back".

I'm also going to track # of same drop off points. Like say same location from 2 stair case's and 5 portals would be X, Y (7).