EUO on Steam?

"EUO - Further evidence that Diabloesque games kill real role-playing games."

Moderator: EUO Moderators

MoonGoat
Good morning, Captain.

EUO on Steam?

Post by MoonGoat »

I just realized that Steam has a section of free games, what if EUO would be there too?
Maybe worth a look? (Egg)

This might be a bad idea (really tired when writing this), but here is the link:
http://www.steampowered.com/steamworks/FAQ.php

So how about all of you that is not named Eggmceye, what do you think?
To me, this is all about getting more players to the game.
"When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"
―Cave Johnson
DrRude
Good morning, Captain.

Re: EUO on Steam?

Post by DrRude »

MoonGoat wrote:I just realized that Steam has a section of free games, what if EUO would be there too?
Maybe worth a look? (Egg)

This might be a bad idea (really tired when writing this), but here is the link:
http://www.steampowered.com/steamworks/FAQ.php

So how about all of you that is not named Eggmceye, what do you think?
To me, this is all about getting more players to the game.
Don't everyone speak up at once... ;-)

I took a look at Steampowered.com and reviewed their submissions guidelines. It's a pretty tight site and while I wouldn't say your idea is bad, I would question as to whether or not the EUO software could (or should) be modified to incorporate the APIs that are necessary to be included with this site.
Cacktaw
Kodiak has probably banned me by now.

Post by Cacktaw »

Steam is huge.

If we could get EUO listed there, it would create a VERY large influx of new players.

It's half the reason that I found this game. I found a game, through steam, that had older 8-bit graphics... got bored with it, and opened my eyes to the world of not-so-great-graphics-but-great-gameplay.

I'm +1 for Steam
Cacktaw
Kodiak has probably banned me by now.

Post by Cacktaw »

Still +1 for going greenlight on Steam
Riksta
buying vamp LS of any kind +5

Post by Riksta »

Do it
Luxorious
on lolpatrol

Post by Luxorious »

Would be good for publicity, but what if Valve wants to wet one's beak, fari vagnari a pizzu, when they learn about the Cash Shoppe? :cool:
Euotopia Steam trading cards would be cool, though. That's one reason why people (mainly badge collectors) buy games on Steam.
No, I don't wear a watch. As my Dad used to say, "I'm not into time, man."