Re: Book writing competition!!!`

Post by eggmceye »

the council of wizards story line is off limits :2cool:
also look for the ingame book 'Last meeting of the council of wizards'
Ozimandias
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Ozimandias »

Well, Estorrath is in the article I'm writing, and it does take place when the Council is "collapsing" and does speak of it. However, this story's focus is NOT on the council of wizards, and I'll do my best to stay away from making it a main part. I've written quite a bit, and if it does in fact not get your approval, then I'll change around some things and make it better - and make sure it doesn't reference the council in any way.

I can always change it, but please just wait until it is posted.
There are three kinds of people in this world: those who can count, and those who can't,
Ozimandias
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Ozimandias »

I decided to quit the mentioned book (For now, atleast) and write up a "historical documentation" on how Lord Byron came to power. It's kinda epic (imo) and loosely inspired by olden European events shortly after the Crusades - I believe. However, this is NOT about ancient Catholicism and Islam fighting each other. Just inspired by some of the battles and other events.

Oh, and I think it's about 430 words.
“Honesty Saves Cammerata,”
by Wingate

Time Period: 029 - 031
With the Council of Wizards dispersed to nothing, so was the safety of all Sosaria. The rise of monster factions (now organized into clans, and some as entire towns) became a threat to all of Humanity and their civilized counterparts.
Bayside fell to the forces of invading Giants and Headless, all led under the fierce Orc General, Uba Gronck. Rumors had it that the mayor was flayed alive and his skin had been shipped to the Orc King as a prize. The once powerful Bayside was now in the hands of tyrants, bloodthirsty for the military capital of Sosaria – Cammerata Keep.
Cammerata at that time was being ruled by a dishonest king, who was taxing the people relentlessly to “save Sosaria.” After being exposed for using tax dollars for personal and political gain he stepped down as ruler. Cammerata was now without a leader.
Byron, a married man who was well loved by the people, assumed power and was made a Lord in a dire time. He took it upon himself to first make a pilgrimage alone to the Shrine of Honesty, where he prayed that Cammerata be saved, and the rest of New Sosaria spared.
Miraculously, a great military man by the name of Gundobad rose to the rank of general in the Cammerata Army. This legendary warrior was rumored to be the half blood of a Draconian and the last of the Dwarfs of Kurzmord'ar. He befriended Lord Byron quickly, and was made into the leader of the entire land-based military.
Now spies had confirmed that massive Orc and Troll armies in the old Bayside ruins were being mobilized by Uba Gronck to spearhead an attack on the auxillary town of Cammerata before going for the Keep.
Byron sent Gundobad into the deep forests of Mirkwood, so that he and the majority of Cammerata's army could intercept the invaders. Meanwhile, prayer services to the Shrine of Honesty were held throughout the Cammerata regions, to hopefully ensure the safety of all.
The battle was fierce, and both sides suffered extreme casualties. In the aftermath Gundobad had perished, but so did Uba Gronck and his entire army. Now the monsters dispersed into disorganized bands – for the most part. And Cammerata and the rest of New Sosaria were spared. It was proof that even in dark times, there would always be some sort of light thanks to the shrines.
Since then there are festivals held often throughout the Cammerata region to pay homage to the Shrine of Honesty. For on that year, doom was indefinitely post-poned.
EDIT: Also, just to clarify, Bayside's destruction was not given an official year, so I took a little "creative freedom" with that.

And what the hell is up with my obsession on Cammerata?
There are three kinds of people in this world: those who can count, and those who can't,
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

I really like this one.

couple of points
- shouldn't use the world dollars in a game where gp is the currency
- I'm unsure of the use of praying at shrines - one meditates at a shrine - you pray at chapels (not that there is a chapel near cam)
- I think you should use 'orge town' instead of bayside - since bayside/kurz and cam are on different continents ... why would an army go from kurz to bayside but then to cammerata, bypassing bro's keep & sefton vale and leaving them intact?
- you can also safely refer to Fort G as being conquered as well (due to departure of L.E it was relatively undefended). So the orc+humanoids having conquered ogre town (once known as an-najaf) and fort G now set their sights on cam and go for the throat
Ozimandias
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Ozimandias »

Thanks egg.

The tax dollar thing was used as an expression (i couldn't think of one that involved gp/gold/coins etc), but i could always reword it.
The prayer thing I'll easily change since I've realized that shrines for the most part are meditated at. Plus, it's more lore friendly since you meditate in-game at the shrine.
I actually wanted to use Al Najaf originally. There was only one problem - I was such a noob that the only reference I found of it said it "simply ceased to exist," not knowing it was changed to ogre town.

Also, about the article I'm writing now: insomnia energy is sorta running low. If i get too tired to write anymore (and trust me, I do sometimes get exhausted to the point where only certain tasks are not do-able) than expect it sometime late afternoon. Hopefully I won't sleep till tomorrow night!
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

no hurry
An najaf was one of the 4 original towns I made in 1998 - it got scrapped very early. Being replaced by ogre town I simply made up just now but why not - it works!

an najaf, izumi, monferrato and nordhausen are/were all town names I simply plucked out of an atlas at the time :S
Ozimandias
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Ozimandias »

Edited the book finally. I added in more stuff - especially your suggestions - and even changed the title itself.
“The Three Saviors of Cammerata:
Byron, Gundobad and Honesty”

Time Period: 029 - 031
With the Council of Wizards dispersed to nothing, so was the safety of all Sosaria. The rise of monster factions (now organized into clans, and some as entire towns) became a threat to all of Humanity and their civilized counterparts.
Soon Fort Grunthos and An Najaf fell to the forces of invading Giants and Ogres, all led under the fierce Orc General of the desert, Uba Gronck. Rumors had it that the general in charge of Grunthos was flayed alive and his skin had been shipped to the Orc King as a prize, while the city An Najaf was renamed “Ogre Town.” The once powerful Fort Grunthos was now in the hands of tyrants, bloodthirsty for the military capital of Sosaria – Cammerata Keep.
Cammerata at that time was being ruled by a dishonest king, who was taxing the people relentlessly to “save Sosaria.” After being exposed for using the tax revenue for personal and political gain he stepped down as ruler. Cammerata was now without a leader.
Byron, a married man who was well loved by the people, assumed power and was made a Lord in a dire time. He took it upon himself to first make a pilgrimage alone to the Shrine of Honesty, where he meditated and asked that Cammerata be saved, and the rest of New Sosaria spared.
Miraculously, a great military man by the name of Gundobad rose to the rank of general in the Cammerata Army. This legendary warrior was rumored to be the half blood of a human and the last of the Dwarfs of Kurzmord'ar. He befriended Lord Byron quickly, and was made into the leader of the entire land-based military.
Now spies had confirmed that massive Orc and Troll armies in the old Bayside ruins were being mobilized by Uba Gronck to spearhead an attack on the auxillary town of Cammerata before going for the Keep.
Byron sent Gundobad into the deep forests of Mirkwood, so that he and the majority of Cammerata's army could intercept the invaders. Meanwhile, prayer services to the Shrine of Honesty were held throughout the Cammerata regions, to hopefully ensure the safety of all.
The battle was fierce, and both sides suffered extreme casualties. In the aftermath Gundobad had perished, but so did Uba Gronck and his entire army. Now the monsters dispersed into disorganized bands – for the most part. And Cammerata and the rest of New Sosaria were spared. It was proof to the people in this area that even in dark times there would always be some sort of light thanks to the eight shrines and Sosariankind's faith in them.
Since then there are festivals held often throughout the Cammerata region that pay homage to the Shrine of Honesty. For on that year, doom was indefinitely postponed.
To be honest, I've been putting off finishing the article I was telling you about before (entitled, "The Custodial Style"). I got a bit lazy, but I am up to half of part 3 - which is the final part. IRL is the culprit, I swear. Damn new college term!
Evanthia
buying vamp LS of any kind +5

Post by Evanthia »

Got bored, realized I might as well write a story (It's been a while since I have) and decided that there aren't enough books in EUO that deal with *fictional* characters and places. So I wrote a story that's not related to any real place or people in EUO called "On Dragon's Wings" that might have been written by someone in EUO for entertainment, instead of as another piece of EUO's history:

Code: Select all

Chapter 1:

I found myself staring up at the sky again, as a dragon flew overhead. It wasn't the first time, and certainly wouldn't be the last, that I had imagined having great wings with which I would fly through the air, laughing as the wind of the skies whipped across my face. Dragons always made it seem so easy to do. Of course, there were rumors of people in distant lands having tamed dragons as pets, but in my village the dragons were revered as gods, not to be approached lest we risk angering them and having their wrath brought down on us all. So I watched from afar, as the dragons went about their business, and I went on with mine.

"Cyari! Cyari, are you daydreaming again?" My best friend Vael slapped me hard across the face, but it was a friendly gesture none-the-less, mostly to get my attention.

"Aye! No need to be so rough, I was just thinking about the festival this harvest." I ran my fingers through my jet-black hair and sighed. Vael didn't seem to understand the importance of freedom and fun like I did, but he was a good guy and nobody in the village knew our secrets better than each other. People even mistook us for twins sometimes, because we have the same golden-bronzed skin and dark hair. In fact, our only distinctive feature was our eyes, his were a dark brown, like muddy water, while mine were clear blue like the sky.

"The festival this, the good times that, just grab your basket and start pulling your weight around here. I'm not getting stuck with your workload again!" he lifted a basket of harvested vegetables nearly as large around as he was tall with a grunt and started waddling towards the shed where the food was stored.

"You know, they say that there are golems in other countries that do this work for the humans. They never tire or get bored..." I sighed and lifted my own basket, following close behind Vael.

"You know, they say that other countries are full of fat slobs called magicians that don't work a day in their lives because they can use magic." He scoffed and adjusted his grip on his basket, setting it down gently in front of the shed so he could open the doors.

"Don't be so rude, they work hard in a different way than we do. They study books for years to learn the magics they use." I carried my basket into the shed and set it down next to an entire row of baskets just like it. Harvest this year had been very good.

"I'm not being rude, they're worthless ignorant slobs! They're good for nothing, and only use their magic for destruction and themselves. At least priests have the ability to cure and help people. Magicians are worthless." He sighed and let his basket drop with a heavy thud. I knew there was no swaying him on this subject, the entire village had a deep rooted hatred of magicians since the fire that had burned an entire year's worth of crops and sent us into famine. My father's father often told the story, with a sneer on his face as he told of what happened to the magician everyone thought was responsible.

"Fine, but I still think it would be nice not to have to do all this heavy work by hand. Even if it were just a single golem to move the baskets, it would make harvest go twice as fast." I couldn't help trying anyways. For reasons not even Vael knew, I had a link with magical energies, and I studied magic in secret, simple spells that couldn't harm a fly. But he just stared at me icily until I looked away, then we both sighed and he put a hand on my shoulder.

"You've always been a dreamer, Cyari, and I hope that's a good thing. Otherwise we'll have to string you upside down by your toes!" He chuckled softly, and the sound of his laughter made me laugh. Then we both started laughing at his terrible joke until we were in tears.

Chapter 2:

The festival had finally arrived, when the women would dance by the fire and a great feast would be held in honor of surviving another year so close to the dragon's horde. It was a dangerous land, but the soil was so rich with energy and vitality from the dragons that the crops grew ten times larger and healthier than anywhere else in the country. I grabbed a mug of ale and took a long, deep sip, so that my head swum and my ears felt warm. I could tell already that it was going to be a long, fun night, even though Vael had opted not to join us. He hated large crowds, and the all one hundred villagers joined together on this night for the festivities.

I grabbed a large bowl of leafy greens, devoured it, and started in on some crab meat that had been bought from a neighboring land. Meat was a rare delicacy in our village, and I savoured every bite. Suddenly something shining in the corner of my eyesight caught my attention, and I slowly turned around to see a bright glowing ball in the sky. Even in my near-drunken state I could tell that the sun hadn't risen yet, and the moon was on the other side of the sky, but I couldn't quite make out what this strange light was. I suppose someone saw me looking, because soon there were a few people staringup at the sky, and then more, until the entire village was trying to figure out what I had noticed.

"It... it can't be..." the village elder, wise old Gaeld, waved his hand towards the sky, "It's him... he's returned! Everybody, take shelter! Leave the food, leave the wine, and go immediately to your homes! Make use of the emergency caverns before it's too late!"

At his words, we all panicked. I had never heard the order to use the caverns given before, but I had explored them when I was younger, and as I rushed in through the trapdoor in my house I knew exactly which tunnel to take to find Vael's house. He wouldn't have heard the order to descend given, so I ran as quickly as I could to find him and get him to safety.

I had nearly made it to his trapdoor when a deafening crunch echoed throughout the tunnels, so loud that dirt and dust fell from the ceiling, causing me to cough and choke for a moment. I wiped my mouth with the back of my hand and strained my ears, listening for any sound from above, but there was none.

I inched slowly to the trapdoor and pushed it up, peeking just over the edge, and that's when I saw the beast. The golden dragon Graathul, massive and menacing, standing over the ruins of the house that was only an eighth of it's size. Vael was nowhere in sight, but the destruction of the house was complete, and I choked back a sob as I realized there was no way he could have survived such a catastrophe.

My silent wimper must have caught the great dragons attention, because it turned it's huge head in my direction and snarled, but I was already gone before it could have seen me, ducked back into the caverns and feeling completely alone.

Chapter 3:

After we climbed out of the caverns there was much sobbing and sorrow, mostly for the destroyed homes and the shed which had been crushed and emptied of all food. Nobody seemed to cry for Vael but me though. His family had long since died of disease and he'd lived alone for much of his life. I might have been the only one who even knew he was dead from the looks of it. But no amount of sorrow could have brought him back, and so I forgave the village as I left it. Without Vael there the village wouldn't be the same, so wordlessly I left, figuring that nobody would notice my absence either.

At first, I hadn't been sure at all of where I was going or why. I had only the clothes I wore and the small amount of dried meat I had kept in case of emergencies, but that hardly seemed like enough to do anything or get anywhere. It seemed like even less as I realized what road I was on. I looked up at the large mountain before me, the lair of the dragons...

I didn't bother trying to climb the sheer cliff, it was far too tall and dangerous, without many places to stop and rest along the way. Instead, I started to walk around it, looking for another way up. I spent a few days like this, trying to make a circle around the mountain, but there was no way to make it up to the top unless you had wings, unless you were a dragon... or unless you were a dragon rider.

I shook my head as Vael's voice resounded in my head, "You'd be a fool to try what you're thinking." it was almost as if he was standing right there next to me, and it brought a fresh wave of pain at his loss, "You know, after I've been missing for days at least a hello would be nice." I blinked twice in disbelief and spun around, nearly falling backwards at the sight of Vael's face.

"But, I thought you were dead?!" I nearly shouted at him, half relieved and growing half furious.

"Everyone does, as far as I know. I was using the outhouse when the dragon destroyed my home, otherwise I'd have been killed for sure." He shrugged and looked up the mountain.

"Th-and-but..." I stopped and shook my head, trying to get my thoughts straight, "So the urge to take a piss saved your life?"

He nodded and chuckled, "I guess so. Now back to what you were thinking, climbing this mountain would be suicide, whether you die going up or make it to the top. How do you plan on fighting the golden dragon?"

"Well, you're alive, so why would I?" A chill ran down my spine as I saw the look in his eyes.

"You haven't been told?" he sighed and rubbed the back of his neck, "I heard the village elder talking once, about how you'd lost your family to a dragon attack, to the same dragon that attacked us tonight. I thought you'd found out and were going to try and get revenge..."

"I honestly don't know where I was going... I thought I would fight the dragon to honor your death, but you're standing here, alive!"

"So... you won't fight it with me?" He rubbed his chin as though deep in thought and looked back up the mountain.

"Fight it... with you? Why would you fight it?" I raised an eyebrow and looked up the mountain with him.

"Because the same dragon killed my parents, and would have killed me. I feel that it's hunting us and I don't know why. It's a danger to the village and if we don't kill it then it will attack and kill more people. I thought it was dead, it hadn't come in so long, said the village elder, that the caverns had become little more than decoration. But for whatever reason, it's alive, and I plan on fixing that."

I had never seen him so driven to do something so inexplicably stupid before, but I could only smile as I gave him a warrior's embrace and smiled, "We'll need weapons... and wings."

"Wings? Where would we possibly get those?"

Chapter 4:

I had never been in a big city before. In comparison to our village the city was a dragon in and of itself, a living breathing creatue of immense power. Vael and I stayed close, avoiding bumping into anyone as we looked around. Finding food had been easy, we'd hunted and gathered wild fruits and vegetables, but what we needed was far more difficult to find than rabbits and berries. Magical potions and armour, treated to resist the magical elements of dragon breath, and forged from the toughest of materials. We spent hours searching for the best price, and after finding some that we could afford, we stocked up. Potions of healing, potions of invisibility, potions for poison and curing poison, and more. I was shocked and amazed by the variety alone.

"Are you sure about this plan?" Vael complained for the fifth time.

"Of course I am, I read all about it in a book. We just have to approach the young dragon and offer it food, if it likes the offering it will calm down and if it likes us it will start to follow us around. As long as we keep it fed, it will grow and eventually become a full-sized dragon! Now come on, we have less than a year before the next festival." I pulled on the heavy armor, and stretched. It was light as a feather compared to the baskets, and I had no problem moving around in it.

"And what if it decides it would rather char us?" more questions that he'd asked 5 times before.

"That's what the armor is for, it's been treated with magic to absorb dragon breath, be it fire, ice, or anything else. And if we do get in trouble, we have these potions. I beckoned for him to follow as we left the city and headed towards some caves rumored to contain dragon hatchlings, or drakes as some people called them. The rumor was only so widespread because a few adventurers had died attempting to tame drakes, and that fact only made Vael more uneasy as we approached the cave.

After about a day's walk and a night's rest we had finally reached the mouth of the cave, and I had just finished scouting the area. "No sign of a larger dragon anywhere nearby, and there's only one young dragon in the cave, it should be safe."

He shook his head no and I sighed, grabbing him by the arm and pulling him along, "We're doing this one way or another, now let's go."

It only took a few steps into the cave before we could see the glow of dragon fire. Vael tugged harder, trying to get away, and I pulled harder, dragging him with me. The drake was simply blowing clouds of flame at the wall, and seemed pretty harmless at this distance. I reached into my pack and pulled out some fresh meat, waving it in the air, and whistled.

Suddenly the drake was rushing toward us, and I had frozen to the spot, unsure of what to do next. It blew flames from it's nostrils as it ran, and it's tail flailed wildly back and forth. I pushed Vael to the side just in time as I felt the drake's head connect with my gut, sending me sprawling.

Before I could stand, it was looming over me, but it didn't attack. Instead, it stood with a paw on my chest, holding me down as it stared at the meat I still grasped in my hand. Despite being a bit winded, I gave a small sigh of relief and waved the meat up in front of it, letting it snap the food right out of my hand before digging in my pack for more. After a few rounds of this it rolled off of me and onto it's back, making a strange noise. "I... think it likes us..."

"No, Cyari, I think it likes you..." Vael walked up to the drake and looked at it closely, then leaned back and laughed as it bloke smoke in his face, "What a strange creature when you look at it up close..."

Suddenly the drake flipped over onto all fours, alert and seeming ready to attack, but it was looking at the mouth of the cave rather than at us. For a moment I was completely confused, but the beating sound of huge wings clarified exactly what had riled the drake.

Chapter 5:

I don't remember ever moving that fast in my life. In the span of about a second I had gone from the inside of the cave to the outside, only to be stopped by a menacing blue dragon. It snorted and beat it's mighty wings again as it looked down at me, and electricity crackled across it's body. I realized that I'd never asked if the aarmor protected against electricity.

"Cyari, duck!" I turned back to the cave, and saw Vael, then his warning registered in my mind and I dove towards the ground as an arch of electricity boomed overhead, charring the grass and dirt in front of me and turning it into crystalized glass.

"Run Vael, take the drake and run!" I rolled over just in time to dodge another bolt of electricity, and sprang to my feet. I wouldn't be taken down so soon, I just needed a weapon...

No sooner had I thought this than the drake sprang into action, flying from deep inside the cave like an arrow, straight into thee gut of the much larger dragon. It didn't have the same effect as it had on me, but the startled dragon was at least distracted for the moment. I reached in my pack and pulled out the first thing I could grasp, an orange potion.

Thinking back I remembered that sleeping potions of extremely strong quality turned orange during the brewing process, and I popped open the vial. I would only get one shot, so I held my hand steady as I watched the large dragon bat at the drake like it were a fly. Time seemed to slow down, and I could feel the hairs on my neck stand up. The blue dragon opened it's mouth, and deep inside I could see a glowing blue light, the electricity. I hurled the potion, with that light as my target, and I hurled it so fast and so hard that I tripped after it left my hand, hitting the ground with a thud.

"Cyari? Cyari, are you okay?"

I groaned and sat up slowly, "Wha- what happened?"

"You did it, you put the dragon to sleep with that potion of yours, and soon after the drake lifted you up on it's back and carried both of us here..."

"You mean... we flew?"

"Yes Cyari, it was amazing! I'd never imagined anything like it..." Vael smiled more brightly than I'd ever seen him smile before, and I almost felt like I'd hit my head too hard and was seeing things.

"So where are we?"

"Ah, that's the bad news... we made it to the top of the mountain. Our mountain. I'm not sure how it knew to bring us here, but it did..."

"And where is it?"

"It's sleeping in the back of the cave. We seem to be safe in this spot, butdirectly below us the golden dragon is sleeping."

"Sleeping?" I furrowed my brows and tilted my head to the side. I had never heard of dragons sleeping naturally before.

"Yes, it's been sleeping all day... I think it might be sick, but that's for the better. We'll be saving our village and putting it out of it's misery."

I sighed and looed at the mouth of the cave. I hadn't expected my adventure to end so quickly, but I knew what must be done. I reached deep into my pack, and pulled out a dagger, made of glass so highly magical that it's very nature was volatile. A single blow to the dragon and the glass would shatter, tearing the dragon apart with a mighty magic that only a few crafters could harness. "Then, I guess this was truly meant to be."

I lifted myself up and started to walk towards the mouth of the cave. Vael hadn't been lying, the dragon was practically snoring, and it's breathing was shallow. It was resting only about ten feet below us, and if I jumped I'd land right on it's back. I sighed, and closed my eyes, "For the village..."

There was no epic battle. There wasn't even a skirmish. I landed on the dragons back, dagger first, and it's breathing went from shallow to nothing. I almost felt as though I had cheated, but it was for the best. As I stood on the corpse of the dragon, I decided that even then I could not return to the village. I would study the ways of magic, and travel the world. Maybe Vael would accept me for it, and come with me. I'd even bring the dragon that had given me the chance to feel like a hero, if only for a second. I'd name it Graathul, in hopes that it would become a great dragon, but one of honor instead of destruction. I'd go on real adventurees and fight grand battles. But those, however, are stories for another time.
I love it when people really tell me what's wrong with a story I've written, but remember, it's not supposed to be like every other story. I'd rather have a unique ending that isn't very epic, than have an amazing ending that you've read in twenty stories.
They say insanity is bad, but it hasn't killed me yet.
~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~
Finished contests:
Scavenger hunt; Winner: Rusty
Bounty Hunter; Winner: Kin
What's that GOLEM?; Winner: Sephiroth

Current contest:
http://www.forums.swut.net/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4052 ((Triple Competition, great prizes!))
Ozimandias
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Ozimandias »

“Dementia of Estorrath,”
by Stanwell the Librarian

What could have caused Estorrath to be so stricken with madness? Not much is well known on Estorrath's childhood. And little else is known on his affairs that were outside the Council's era. His pet Devil is even much a mystery.
He was born out of a large family along with Henolazir (aka, “Old Henry), another member of the old Council of Wizards. Sadly, most of their siblings died either shortly after birth or before even reaching adolescence. It is believed that their mother was a very ill throughout her life, thus leading to the deaths of her children. Knowledge on the father remains an even larger mystery.
During his years at the Tanelorn Library (located firmly between Montor East and West), Estorrath competed with his brother, Old Henry in almost every study of learning they entered. They studied schools of magic as well, and competed their best to it. Today most are quite unsure as to which brother is stronger. Either way, both are extremely knowledgeable in their areas of expertise.
But what led to his madness? There are many rumors, and one in particular stands out.
Some acquaintances of Henry tell of a tale where he and Estorrath journeyed in search of a fountain of youth – before the Council of Wizards' formation. The fountain was later said to have been cursed, and the cursed effect was progressive insanity. This could explain why the two have lived so long, and why each seems quite odd (though Etorrath more so). However, the fountain – whether destroyed or just a lie – has never truly been located by anyone else. Henry and Estorrath have never confirmed their rumored journey for whatever reasons, either. This is the most popular and detailed rumor, and could very well have some validity to it.
Either way, somewhere during the council it is believed that Estorrath started showing symptoms of madness. It started with small things. First, he would try to verbally (and angrily) take over the discussions of the Council. Then, towards the end of the council there were member-first accounts of Estorrath being spotted talking to the statues of the Council's courtyard.
During the falling of the Council, there were two separate assassination attempts. One was on Nestor, and another against Henry. Though both remained unsolved (and the darkest ages coming to New Sosaria, they were abandoned), it is a well known fact that Nestor is a top rival to Estorrath and obviously Henry is his brother. Many believe to this day that Estorrath was directly involved, especially given the fact that he was trying (but failing) to gain control over the crumbling Council of Wizards.
Either way, times are not quite optimistic for Sosaria, and the dementia of the once well respected and powerful Wizard will not help. Estorrath, a man of mental chaos, could be regarded as a danger to our survival.
Ok, i completely ditched the entire story that i had told you about (the one that involved the council) because it was turning out to be more of a story than a historical document, and it was imo too long. However, in it's place I wrote a book on estorrath with a lot of "made up lore" and speculations of lore. Hope you enjoy. Also< any updates on future books to be added< ie maybe the one about Gundobad, byron and honesty?
Ozimandias
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Ozimandias »

I was originally going to ask you via pm, but i figured it wasn't that big of a deal to do so.

Egg, I was wondering if I could rewrite a sort of "extended" version of the "I, Golem," dualogy, and post it on a friends website, as well as a facebook networking group.

The main reason i ask is because I'm modeling this extended version based off of YOUR edited versions of I golem 1 and 2 - which i actually prefer. I WILL give you credit for the edits as well as credit the game for the references. Not to mention that I recall you talking way back about compiling all the winning entries into an actual book (published? copyrighted?) that could be bought off of the site - though i think you might've said you wanted to wait until you had atleast 50 stories total. Correct me if i'm full of crap.
Ozimandias
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Ozimandias »

Hey, have there been any stories about Pendragon and how it fell? I know there's an npc that tells you pretty much what happened. But I was thinking that maybe I could detail it more as long as it's tale of falling isn't offlimits.
Grunkk
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

Post by Grunkk »

Meh, 2am, can't sleep, so I thought, What the hell!

This is an edited version of what really happened that day.

________________________________________________________________________________________________
  • The Adventures of the Stygian Pirates of New Sosaria: Story One - A Fowl Beast

A Fowl Beast -pt1- The Proposition

The story starts out with a pirate, his name shall remain unknown, you will find out why later. For now we shall call him Piraz. But I am getting ahead of myself; this lone pirate had a hard time making any gold, friends, or anything in between. All he had was a quill, a blank scroll, and his Great, Great Grandfather’s Charter Ship.

This pirate had thought of a numerous amount of ways to gain such friends and gold, such as hunting dragons with other pirates such as himself. But when he asked to join these more experienced and talented dragon hunters, they pointed and laughed as if he were a child. Being a big-hearted pirate he never gave up! So he pondered the idea of renting his prize ship out to the rich folk, but this would never gain him any friends. He thought long and hard until he jumped up and shouted “I have an Idea!”

His idea was simple and brilliant, but included dangers which he had not known of. This idea was to charter out his ship as a 2 hour long fishing vessel for experienced and newbie fishers to gather, talk, and fish! He would gain friends who would fish with him, and gold from the rich folk who require a ship to fish in!

With his one quill and scroll wrote up a quick advertisement and rushed over to the great hall to post it up. Within seconds a hardy, bulked up muscle mass of a man came over, he asked “Art thou in need of a fellow pirate as myself to man thy cannons?” Piraz pondered over this question and replied, “Why would I need anyone to man my cannons? There are no such beasts that would attack MY SHIP!” The muscled mass of a pirate snorted and walked away, leaving Piraz confused. But shortly after he had forgotten all about it. He thought he should get some sleep as it would be a big day tomorrow, and as he slept, he dreamed about how wonderful it may soon be.

To Be Continued
If anyone thinks I should write the whole thing, let me know.

FYI - "The adventures of the.."etc is just a base-name for a possible collection, The real name of the book is 'The Fowl Beast'
On a search to find the meaning of life... Oh wait, to get to level 450!
Zilverlight
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by Zilverlight »

Whoever came up with the Blood Queen story, needs to get back to work!

I read it for the second time just now and remembered how much I really enjoyed the work. It creates a sense of accomplishment when players are listed in stories.

I think a couple new stories should be made including some of the players that have been around for ages.
Desmond (AKA: Rurik)