update: secure trade trial

"EUO - Further evidence that Diabloesque games kill real role-playing games."

Moderator: EUO Moderators

eggmceye
hello

update: secure trade trial

Post by eggmceye »

Well here it is - it's been put off for about 10 years but finally secure trade is now on the euo server.

I've tried my best to make it as simple to use as possible. With euo's difficult interface, and no mouse, it took a bit of lateral thinking. So here it is:

To initiate a trade with someone, type
/trade PLAYERNAME

they will be sent a message. They then type
/taccept

You will be both now in trade mode. To select items for trading, simply DROP them! press d, scroll thru your list, then drop them. What will happen however is that the item 'dropped' will be placed into a virtual trade basket - so it won't actually be placed on the ground. Each of the traders will be notified as what is on offer.

When you are both done choosing items, type /dotrade When both are you have typed /dotrade - then the items will be exchanged.

You can type /tcancel at any time to abort the trade.

Once you have selecting an item for trade (by dropping it) you can't unselect it- so if you change your mind, cancel and start again. So take care selecting items for trade.

There are a few oddities I know about already:
* altho you must be about 3 sq away to invite a trade, you can then be anywhere to continue it and finalise it.
* you can die and still trade
* logging off will cancel the trade
* theoretically, you could start a trade, head to the bank, and use the trade-worm-hole to move items from the bank to anywhere in the mapset (I'll probably change this one day)

Post your feedback & bugs here thanks.
HyStErIcAl
LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON
Location: Gin Gin, Queensland, Australia, Earth, Milkyway Galaxy, Universe 342?

Re: update: secure trade trial

Post by HyStErIcAl »

YAY this is great :D ill try it as soon as i get on :) and by far-trading, you meen like if someone is in say, cos and needs pots but is stuck in a fight. someone could just trade him and run to nord bank (via port) and then give him like a heep of pots? .. mabye you can introduce a -post- system. the further away the person is the more amount of gold it is to be transfered (gold will be deleted) say, nord -> cos.. umm .. 30k? idk : / . but thx for trading thingo
-.-
HyStErIcAl
LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON
Location: Gin Gin, Queensland, Australia, Earth, Milkyway Galaxy, Universe 342?

Post by HyStErIcAl »

:O oh noes! found a bug already :( . you can trade soulbound items. .. i was messing around with it, trading with someone and offered my croc hunter ring by mistake (soulbound ring) and i didnt accept, obviously, so i was wondering if it takes it away right when you accept and say its soulbound? or just gives it to the person, if so then you might need to fix that.
-.-
WbBann
Here for the lesbians.

Post by WbBann »

I'm not planning to do it but is thiefing still illegal right? So if I show off my shiny armour, a noob steals it he can still get in trouble right?

PS: very nice addition btw, was waiting for this for years LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON.
VataraSei
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by VataraSei »

WbBann wrote:I'm not planning to do it but is thiefing still illegal right? So if I show off my shiny armour, a noob steals it he can still get in trouble right?

PS: very nice addition btw, was waiting for this for years LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON.
Stealing NEVER has and NEVER will be permitted in EUO, if it happens tell a DM immediately. Also don't click on Accept till your happy with the trade...common sense.

Great addition Egg, should cut down on trade thefts and random people stealing items, had that happen once but thankfully with a DM got the item back. Definitely a keeper.
It may have been a Cheap shot but it was the only shot I could afford!!! ( Gerrard - Magic The Gathering )