moa patch 0.91 - races finally on reg

"EUO - Further evidence that Diabloesque games kill real role-playing games."

Moderator: EUO Moderators

eggmceye
hello

moa patch 0.91 - races finally on reg

Post by eggmceye »

The racial traits are unchanged from the PD beta, other than the fact high elves have been renamed to bloodkin and dark elves have been renamed to shadow folk. To hell with putting elves in EUO!

human
+10% xp
+25% class cap + versatility (reg only)

draconian
+10% dmg (magic and normal)
+10% mr

half orc
+10% str
-10% int
+15% tactics
no heavy armour penalty for movement

half troll
hp regen
dual wield any 1h weps

gnome
+10% dex
+10% int
full stealth walk speed
50% less aep time
no 2h wep

bloodkin - updated in 0.96j, Feb 20, 2010
+10% MR
+15% attack strength
+10% int

shadowfolk - updated in 0.96j, Feb 20, 2010
+2 NV
+15% shortswords
+15% ranged
+10% DEX

Huge thanks to Morthwyl for making the bulk of the new avs, even though he hates my guts. I also did a lot of cheesy recolours but I think the result is satisfactory.
races.png
In the next few days I will think about how buying new avs will have to be revised, since avatar is indicative of race. Until I work out what to do, you can assume you cannot buy an avatar for your character if the race of the avatar does not match the race of your character. On PD, you may buy one of the new avatars for your old non human character if you like, for $3, or $4 if you want it reusable, but you won't be getting any av updates changes for free, regardless if your old avatar does not match the race of your character.

Regarding paying for changing races on reg or any server: I'm considering it, but it may well be never.

ps: scrapped diminished stats completely ... antony and joel you can come back now
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
j0int
LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON

Re: moa patch 0.91 - races finally on reg

Post by j0int »

YAY no more deminishing stats

but on race notes... i made a bloodkin on pd and did not get the 15 ls's
Rufio
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

Post by Rufio »

0.0 Nice!!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen:
Rufio - Level 314 - Bloodkin - Mage
http://euotopia.com/plyr.php?p=Rufio&serv=reg
LaughingCoyote
egg has really fucked this game up :(

Post by LaughingCoyote »

I don't understand why avatars have to match races, especially re buying them. The main incentive in spending RL cash on an avatar is to make them a bit wacky. a bit different from the default avatars - so having strict race = what avatars you can buy would be very disappointing. We have everything from evil rabbits to a fish... why make buyable avvys race specific now? By all means keep the default avatars race specific.

It also suggests a limit on the imagination - I couldn't have my storyline in my bio as either LaughingCoyote or Jackal, you couldn't have other potentially fun role playing stories behind your character. For example, anyone read Terry Pratchett's Discworld series? The character of Carrot Ironfoundersson is this 6 foot high human, who's actually a dwarf because he was adopted and raised by dwarfs... if avatars were race specific, you couldn't have a dwarf character with a human avatar...

Also, I was considering spending a bit more on getting re-usable avatars (after seeing Kiero with 5 different ones on the same character :shock: ) but if they're all going to be race specific I don't think i'd bother.

Please consider this in any decision re avatars.

P.S. I think there is a mistake with one of the half orc avatars, the one carrying a halberd flashes a white line on the edge of the square every few seconds that shouldn't be there. It is the one on the top left, you can tell because one of the white lines separating the 2nd from the 3rd picture is a line too thick.
Hecate wrote: I feel even more evil than ever, milking cows before killing them.
eggmceye wrote:pretty cool having vigour put in the manual after 14 years X-D
Blackthorn
I'll be going back to Tibia next week.

Post by Blackthorn »

j0int wrote:YAY no more deminishing stats

but on race notes... i made a bloodkin on pd and did not get the 15 ls's
My shadow folk character does not have NV +2 or 15% short swords. : (
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

Yeh ... any chars made in the first hour or so since the patch missed out on those racial bonuses due to a bug, just kill yourself and start again.

LC : I tend to agree with you overall. My post does sound quite harsh (as often does), and particularly concerning buying wacky avs - that was never going to be off the table. I just didn't particularly want old human chars buying the new racial avs more than anything.

re white stripe: fixed - run patch.exe by hand if it bothers you to get rid of it
kusofthevalley
I used to bake rockcakes in my bakery.

Post by kusofthevalley »

I'm sure this has been mentioned in another thread, but for the life of me I can't find it. I'm sure other people will want it clarified anyway:

If humans on reg get +10% xp, how does that affect existing characters?
Ugrog, EleganceBlade, Zelephereth, Polyphemus, Richard, LordHighgate, Quentin, Valley, ad infinitum
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

:lesson: actually ... non humans get 10% less xp, it just sounds better to say humans get 10% more
kusofthevalley

Post by kusofthevalley »

eggmceye wrote::lesson: actually ... non humans get 10% less xp, it just sounds better to say humans get 10% more
That's what I thought ;)
Ugrog, EleganceBlade, Zelephereth, Polyphemus, Richard, LordHighgate, Quentin, Valley, ad infinitum
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

I just realised: cloning of new race avs probably won't work - I'll fix that soon.
Blackthorn
I'll be going back to Tibia next week.

Post by Blackthorn »

eggmceye wrote:Yeh ... any chars made in the first hour or so since the patch missed out on those racial bonuses due to a bug, just kill yourself and start again.

bah, lvl 73- it's not going to mess anything up for you if I keep the guy, will it?
eggmceye wrote:I just realised: cloning of new race avs probably won't work - I'll fix that soon.
It doesn't, fyi.
Eidolon
I should probably get out more.

Post by Eidolon »

ps: scrapped diminished stats completely ... antony and joel you can come back now
I'll have you know this made me all warm and fuzzy.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

stop sending me pm's asking me about race changes :mad:
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Send $50 instead. I just knew this would happen. But noooooooooo....... no one listens to me. :--;:

Seriously (though that $50 per avatar donation would be nice), its rather nice to see a huge influx on the server.
ZUPS!!!!
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

actually don't because in the top post it says I may NEVER allow race changes ... so that means I'm thinking about it, which means don't bug me about it.
kusofthevalley

Post by kusofthevalley »

How does pet XP work now? It's never bothered me before, but now we have different races earning different xp I'm intrigued.

How is XP split between a human and his pet, and between a new race and his pet? What I'm asking essentially is that one of my younger alts is mostly a tamer/fighter, and I'd like to know if I should give up on him, and change to one of the new more warrior-esque classes.

So what I'm really essentially asking is, is a new race pet getting -10%xp (like a new race character is), or the same (as a human pet), or even a +10% bonus as a pet of a new race.

Confusing eh?
Grunkk

Post by Grunkk »

Thank you for not making them elf races :D EA really pissed me off when they took over ultima and put those pansy elves in ultima online. Gnomes FTW!
On a search to find the meaning of life... Oh wait, to get to level 450!
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Actually Elves have been around in Ultima I-III. But that's besides the poinnt; in this shard elves and dwarves don't exist anymore.
ZUPS!!!!
Grunkk

Post by Grunkk »

Oh yea forgot about those games. which reminds me-> I have never figured out what the "fuzzy" race is. Since your avatar in U3 only showed your class, I've always wondered what a fuzzy looks like.
On a search to find the meaning of life... Oh wait, to get to level 450!
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

You're in luck because I know exactly where lord british.. er Richard got the idea for fuzzies (and he must've got permission from the author). H.Beam Piper is responsible for fuzzies.

Books By H.Beam Piper including the Fuzzy Anthology
Little Fuzzy wiki
ZUPS!!!!