Help Bring the Manual Up-To-Date!

"EUO - Further evidence that Diabloesque games kill real role-playing games."

Moderator: EUO Moderators

LaughingCoyote
egg has really fucked this game up :(

Re: Help Bring the Manual Up-To-Date!

Post by LaughingCoyote »

I've updated the materials page as suggested.

Is there no one willing to write a guide for fighters/rogues/mages on PD? Or to update/revamp/replace Kodiak's guides on rogues/fighters/mages?
Hecate wrote: I feel even more evil than ever, milking cows before killing them.
eggmceye wrote:pretty cool having vigour put in the manual after 14 years X-D
Rusty76
Posting from my ass computer.

Post by Rusty76 »

Studded gives 30% increase, darkhide gives 25%

Studded is in a category of it's own, darkhide is equiv to blackrock.

I know the manual has always said that studded = adamantium but this hasn't been true. Studded has always given less % boost than adamantium.
LaughingCoyote

Post by LaughingCoyote »

I've added the enchanting recipes to the wiki as per a request.
Hecate wrote: I feel even more evil than ever, milking cows before killing them.
Assailant
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Post by Assailant »

As far as noobs looking for what dungeons they should go in to i believe that needs to be updated. Not to full detail just some aspects of it. Such as like level 12-w/e should hunt at these locations lighthouse, etc.
LaughingCoyote

Post by LaughingCoyote »

That's a bit vague, where do you propose to update this stuff about newbie dungeons?
Turtle
Good morning, Captain.

Post by Turtle »

The "Dungeons" section should list what monsters are there, or at least what class of monsters.
LaughingCoyote

Post by LaughingCoyote »

I've added two new pages to the PD section.
One on Remort and the other is on PD Races (basically lifted off egg's thread in the forum). I haven't found too many details about remort though - does anyone know what happens to your character's hp when it remorts? Is it reduced? Stays the same?
Grodst

Post by Grodst »

HP....you keep the HP gained from lvling...not from STR.

Vague. Yeah.

There's some formulaic side to it....1,1,2,1,1,2 or some such. I try not to get too bogged down in that...like to delude myself that it's random and it's all luck-NOT
Making Enchants the right way: one noob after another tossed into the lava.
Assailant

Post by Assailant »

Shrine list needs to be updated. Seeing as how Maeondir exists now with versatility and w/e the other shrine is.
KingDavid
buying vamp LS of any kind +5

Post by KingDavid »

Potion list needs some updating, I know for sure it doesn't include Brown potions and are khakis still in use?
Be strong and of good courage; fear not or be dismayed; for the Lord, even my God, will be with thee. He will not fail thee, till thou hast finished all the work for the service of the house of the Lord.
LaughingCoyote

Post by LaughingCoyote »

As far as I know, the brown potion recipe is accurate. Will test it out later to confirm. Khakis are still in game, just a very, very rare drop now.

As for Maeondir, someone will need to make a map of it. Any volunteers? (There's also the problem that getting there is part of a quest... so you'd have to be careful not to give out spoilers).

I've given up on someone writing a full blown guide to PD. Instead, just add what tips and tricks you've learnt in surviving PD here as dot points. :D

http://swut.net/euo/manual/index.php/Ti ... rviving_PD
KingDavid

Post by KingDavid »

LaughingCoyote wrote:As far as I know, the brown potion recipe is accurate. Will test it out later to confirm. Khakis are still in game, just a very, very rare drop now.

Ah perhaps I should have been more specific, I was talking about the potion list that explains their effect: http://swut.net/euo/manual/index.php/Items#Potions
This list is missing brown and cyan potions.

Also, for the PD Tips you should add (since I don't think I can?)

Tame a Pet!

Start taming around level 30, even though you may not be able to get a super strong bet, any assistance is beneficial. Try taming a pet to best suit your class, eg. for a fighter a magic monster such as goblin shaman which can heal and summon. For a mage something that can tank and take damage in your place, such as a troll. As for a rogue, perhaps they would prefer to have no pet and be stealth. However, in most cases a well trained pet may just save your life!
Be strong and of good courage; fear not or be dismayed; for the Lord, even my God, will be with thee. He will not fail thee, till thou hast finished all the work for the service of the house of the Lord.
LaughingCoyote

Post by LaughingCoyote »

Done and done!

I've put your name next to the tip. Hopefully this will encourage others to contribute as well :D
KingDavid

Post by KingDavid »

Thanks! Btw I made a typo and it carried over to the manual, it should be "super strong pet" not bet. Sorry about that.

And yes hopefully more people will post their tips, because i just died and could use some protips! :(

Another tip you could add in General Advice is:

Don't go fishing until you are confident you can defeat a sea serpent, as chances are you will pull one up even if you are only fishing for a little while!
laz

Post by laz »

As a personal opinion, I dont think everything should be in the manual, and that "serpent warning" is one example. This is because, if it were my game, I would rather have players discover the world other than just go to a manual and read it up. :)
KingDavid

Post by KingDavid »

That is true, but for PD things are a little different. If its your first char and you die because of fishing you might be awful pissed and never play PD again, which is bad being as there is never more then 4-5 people online on PD.

Also for the Tame A Pet section you should add to it:

But beware of trying to tame a pet that is two strong for you! Dieing trying to tame is very possible and quite annoying.
kusofthevalley
I used to bake rockcakes in my bakery.

Post by kusofthevalley »

laz wrote:As a personal opinion, I dont think everything should be in the manual, and that "serpent warning" is one example. This is because, if it were my game, I would rather have players discover the world other than just go to a manual and read it up. :)
Agreed, I'd rather see things hinted at than all out explained. Maeondir is a great example - there's no need why it should be mentioned in the manual except for something like "explorers claim to have discovered a new continent, and that the fabled "Stones of Virtue" may be involved in travelling there". There are plenty of hints to direct you to how to use the relevant stone once you have it, and the NPCs on Maeondir explain what all the shrines do.

If some people are desperate for all things to be explained, then maybe we could knock up a Compendium type manual to replace the current manual, and let Egg sell the complete, everything explained, all crafting recipes written down manual for a small fee.
Ugrog, EleganceBlade, Zelephereth, Polyphemus, Richard, LordHighgate, Quentin, Valley, ad infinitum
KingDavid

Post by KingDavid »

Well, I think this would be a bad idea. I think the guide should be complete for those looking to learn the game without having to spend hours and hours and ask countless annoying question. IF someone does want to find out on there own, they can, you are not forced to read anything. I think we should leave options open, especially since reading the manual is a great way to draw players to the game when they see all the great features.
KingDavid

Post by KingDavid »

There is nothing in the manual regarding orbs :?
Magrock
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Magrock »

http://swut.net/euo/manual/index.php/En ... PolypilingLet's instead try to keep this thread for "Help Content".