Help Bring the Manual Up-To-Date!

"EUO - Further evidence that Diabloesque games kill real role-playing games."

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Grue
buying vamp LS of any kind +5

Re: Help Bring the Manual Up-To-Date!

Post by Grue »

From what I remember in the description provided in game, Sagacity provides a bump to MP, over and above that which would have been received by just raising your Intelligence by 6 in Sosaria. Again, as above, the exact amount isn't given.
"Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overrides the fear of death. - Speed Freak Motto "
"The Long Run - Daniel Keys Moran"
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Sounds like someone needs to get a few levels under their belt and then med at both shrines to see if it does indeed give an exact amount per level or based on someting else.
ZUPS!!!!
LaughingCoyote
egg has really fucked this game up :(

Post by LaughingCoyote »

Kracky wrote:I have a few suggested additions to the manual. I am not giving exact numbers or details just in case they are not what egg wants in the manual.

Inscriptions - Add to the scrolls of health the level requirements necessary to read/use them.

Enchanting and Polypiling - List the current use and general effects of the polypile wand.

- Wand of transference it states you must have a high enough enchant skill and charged shards in your inventory to do the switch. Maybe a general outline of how much skill/shards are necessary to make the switch as to let people know just how high they wil need to get theit enchant up to. Also it is implied , but should add text staing that both items need to be a mininmum of ( +1 or +2 ?) to be used in the switch.
Added level reqs for health scroll.

Can't figure out how to edit/change the page name to remove Polypiling from the title. Anyone more savvy in Wiki do this or tell me how?
*Figured. Requires you to move the page and make a new one with the new title.
Hecate wrote: I feel even more evil than ever, milking cows before killing them.
eggmceye wrote:pretty cool having vigour put in the manual after 14 years X-D
Eclips

Post by Eclips »

The shrines of vitality and sageicity give out +8 per level.

If you med at Vitality however you still get 1 or 2 (every other level) HP making your total hp gain for that level 9 0r 10.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

If you want a manual account then post here. I retain the right to refuse you access. Don't bother posting sync.

Grodst: you already have an account but the email address may be old.
Rusty: I made you an account, the password should be in the mail, if not check spam box
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

GUIDE TO WHAT TO PUT IN THE MANUAL (and what not!)
laz wrote:As a personal opinion, I dont think everything should be in the manual, and that "serpent warning" is one example. This is because, if it were my game, I would rather have players discover the world other than just go to a manual and read it up. :)
This is exactly my take on it.

I think everything you need to know to play the game needs to be in there, but there must be room for discovery. This is not gamefaqs. There should be nothing on quests for example. There should be no spoilers whatsoever. How then do you know what a spoiler is?

Here's a good page http://swut.net/euo/manual/index.php/Travel

Here's an interesting page: http://swut.net/euo/manual/index.php/Item_Enchantments
What's good is that it explains enchants, and has all important level reqs. However it is a lot of work keeping it up to date and complete. But regarding completion, the fact that the artefact list is incomplete is to it's advantage - it adds some mystery.

Consider the alchemy page http://swut.net/euo/manual/index.php/Alchemy
This is a difficult example. People like Cat or marginally myself would prefer the ingredient lists not be on there. But they are not really that huge a secret. So I would tentatively vote to leave as is.

Consider the pages on townes, eg Chester Hill: http://swut.net/euo/manual/index.php/Chester_Hill
Frankly all these pages are pretty useless, and if there is nothing important to say about each town then I think it should be deleted.

Underworld - why does this page even exist?

Dungeons, eg lunacy! http://swut.net/euo/manual/index.php/Lunacy! - These should all be deleted, remove any links to, etc
If there is no substantial content already, and if there is nothing worth adding, then the page should be deleted. I think this applies to 99% of dungeons, towns pages.

Guild halls - delete
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

here's a list of pages that are linked to / referenced but don't exist
http://swut.net/euo/manual/index.php/Sp ... antedPages

Instead of going and making those pages get rid of the links
kusofthevalley
I used to bake rockcakes in my bakery.

Post by kusofthevalley »

I'd like to be able to help out with the manual.
Ugrog, EleganceBlade, Zelephereth, Polyphemus, Richard, LordHighgate, Quentin, Valley, ad infinitum
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

notes to self:

http://swut.net/euo/manual/index.php/Category:Townes

I hate the towne's pages - the best one is .. wait I don't like any of them. The NPC list is dumb, so is the shop list. Location is not required. Fun facts are stupid most of the time, that was my idea I think. Some of the intros are good.

You could probably make ONE manual page called townes and just use the intros from the individual pages, then delete the individual pages.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

http://swut.net/euo/manual/index.php/Places_of_interest

definitely cut and paste the intros from the individual pages into this one page, delete the individual pages
Grodst

Post by Grodst »

Not sure what email was on that account for the wiki, but I can get in there fine.
Making Enchants the right way: one noob after another tossed into the lava.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

I merged all the individual towne pages into one. Same for dungeons and places of interest. All the stuff like locations and NCPS and fun facts have been deleted, good riddance.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

Guides now appear in their own section down the bottom, and all belong in the guides category http://swut.net/euo/manual/index.php/Category:Guides

I don't feel that those fighter, mage, thief guides, taming guides deserve to be part of the manual proper. They are walkthroughs, contain opinion and conjecture and are conversational in tone. I'm not saying they are bad. But when you go buy game from the shop the only guide you get as part of the manual is a quickstart guide, and all these other guides are superfluous because you're kind of meant to work it out for yourself. I didn't want to delete them however as I think they are valuable. Hence their separation.

If you feel like you are an expert on something then feel free to write a guide.
Mackey
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by Mackey »

eggmceye wrote:
If you feel like you are an expert on something then feel free to write a guide.
Dear lord Egg, do you realise what you've done? Everyone who plays euo thinks they're an expert on everything laughing out loud like a mackey
Rusty76
Posting from my ass computer.

Post by Rusty76 »

I went through and fixed the level requirements on the Item Enhancements page. A few of them were off a bit.
wildboar
BBQ ABC <3

Post by wildboar »

hi guys, my 2nd post now.. m still reading thru the manual and at the same time having some taste of the game (have to say, it is fun).. anyway, i noticed a possible mistake on the manual here which i would like to confirm.

Topic being Resurrection sickness. it is mentioned that:
Note that if you have recently gained a level, the meditation will both cure resurrection sickness AND pass your level.
However, I had meditated a few times inthe shrine with recent gained levels, and i had to meditate a few times. 1st time to cure and the other times to level up. So, the manual is wrong, rite?

Another question:
Is there ever a list made on type of good sold in each towns?.. I had some hard time looking for the spells of my choice and had to resort to asking other players for the location.. which i know can eb annoying if done too often.. :no:

Thanx.
kusofthevalley
I used to bake rockcakes in my bakery.

Post by kusofthevalley »

wildboar wrote:However, I had meditated a few times inthe shrine with recent gained levels, and i had to meditate a few times. 1st time to cure and the other times to level up. So, the manual is wrong, rite?
True, and fixed. Thanks for pointing that out.
Ugrog, EleganceBlade, Zelephereth, Polyphemus, Richard, LordHighgate, Quentin, Valley, ad infinitum
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

I'm not entirely sure on the conditions, but "heal" for pet doesn't work. I've yet to see a pet heal itself or me via this command. It certaintly doesn't prompt me that pet is healing itself.
ZUPS!!!!
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

At first I thought you were trolling. Then I checked the manual and found a "heal" command for pets, but wasn't sure if I put it in! Then I had to check source. There is no heal.
Grodst

Post by Grodst »

eggmceye wrote:At first I thought you were trolling. Then I checked the manual and found a "heal" command for pets, but wasn't sure if I put it in! Then I had to check source. There is no heal.

Thank You!

I've said that many times to folks, but they claim they set their pets on heal all the time. Was an argument back around Xmas time.
May be insane, just not on this issue.
Making Enchants the right way: one noob after another tossed into the lava.