Bugs Thread - kinda updated feb 2010

"EUO - Further evidence that Diabloesque games kill real role-playing games."

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Re: Bugs Thread - kinda updated feb 2010

Postby CIAassassin » Sun May 12, 2013 5:32 am

pop a tp up at the phase entrance of the second portal, finish the second phase then go to your tp and finish the first phase, then finish the map you are on.
Rikimaru

"Oh, you're a lesbian? That's cool, I'm a lesbian trapped in a mans body, we should date."
CIAassassin
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

Postby xShawtyx » Sun May 12, 2013 6:52 am

Easier if you don't kill the other phase beast and lure it to the end of the phase you're already in ( Making a tp at the end of the first phase)
Egg chopped off his arm to get rid of a rash, but its okay.. it'll grow back! He's a crab. Trist is my Fav TrollFace!!
xShawtyx
Good morning, Captain.

Postby CIAassassin » Sun May 12, 2013 7:29 am

xShawtyx wrote:Easier if you don't kill the other phase beast and lure it to the end of the phase you're already in ( Making a tp at the end of the first phase)

it's exactly the same thing... and harder if you are a rogue because you wont be able to have free roam to hide for a BS... :fp:
Rikimaru

"Oh, you're a lesbian? That's cool, I'm a lesbian trapped in a mans body, we should date."
CIAassassin

Postby Bugbo » Thu May 16, 2013 12:48 am

Sometimes when I get disconnected and try to log back in the games will tell me that I'm already logged in and boot me back to the starting screen. Rather than not allowing you to log in at all it should reconnect if the player is already logged in.
Bugbo
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Postby Chedich » Sun May 19, 2013 9:43 pm

Cooldown bar is initiated even though you're not hitting a target.

Also if you kill a named monster and another monster immediately summons, the summon gains the named monsters name. Not sure if it's 100% reproducible, but has happened several times for me.
Chedich
on lolpatrol

Postby CIAassassin » Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:19 am

had a locked chest on door in CoS was trying to pick the door instead of the chest.

if you log quickly between characters it transfer the load of one char to the other. Corrected by pulling items from a chest.
Rikimaru

CIAassassin

Postby qwerty » Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:30 pm

When a 2x2 monster is on the other side of a secret door, I cant attack it and can't get through the door.
- Try to go through door: "Blocked"
- Try to look: "You see a xxxxx"
- Try to attack: [nothing happens]
Reg: ybwen (fighter), Doover (mage), Unicornator (rogue) PD: Vizzini NG: Marklar.

Often had you come here and sat for hours at a time, hoping to once again see the shimmering blue door that would allow you to return to Britannia.
qwerty
Kodiak has probably banned me by now.

Postby Djanno » Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:28 am

qwerty wrote:When a 2x2 monster is on the other side of a secret door, I cant attack it and can't get through the door.

I wonder if you could teleport in?
Djanno :smoke:
Djanno
Here for the lesbians.

Postby Keighn » Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:00 am

Depends on the map as some don't allow cyans or ip or monkey-port. Battleroar to make it move might work. I'd suggest using a white potion to see what is beyond the door wall and figure out a plan of action. Mimir would always whisper in my ears that there has to be a better way. Then he'd blab about things will be better as they couldn't possibly get any worse etc etc.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Postby Bugbo » Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:29 am

Maybe blast it with a ranged weapon or spells?
Bugbo

Postby kusofthevalley » Sun Jul 14, 2013 1:58 pm

Isn't this the "monster wont fit in the space" problem? I had something very similar with a 2x2 red dragon in the shed on the roof of Minotaur Halls. It appeared stuck in the wall from a distance, but every time I moved near it, it disappeared. Couldn't use ranged on it either.
Ugrog, EleganceBlade, Zelephereth, Polyphemus, Richard, LordHighgate, Quentin, Valley, ad infinitum
kusofthevalley
I used to bake rockcakes in my bakery.

Postby Loughf » Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:31 pm

qwerty wrote:When a 2x2 monster is on the other side of a secret door, I cant attack it and can't get through the door.

That's because there is a creature there, you'll have to wait till it moves. All 2x2 creatures move, they won't stay in the same spot like a normal spawn does. Therefore, you'll have to wait a couple minutes and keep trying until it gets out of your way so you can demolish it.

You can't attack it unless you see the top left square. The top left square is the "DM" where the other 3 squares are more of his....GM's, if you will. If you can't see the "king" you can't attack him. Notice when 2x2 drops it's item, that's the only square it drops. If it's playing peek-a-boo through a door, you can't hit it unless you can see the "DM" squares. Once you see that tile, however, you can attack it from any angle, any side, or anything else you can think of, but not till then.

edit: I've mentioned this to egg before via in-game chat, I believe it's more of a feature not a bug. (unless he wants to change that?)
Loughf
LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON

Postby CIAassassin » Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:55 am

cant buy when LotL but have to buy ticket from harris.
Rikimaru

CIAassassin

Postby Mackey » Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:33 pm

Killed Zerinyth three times on Spike (Reg) and never received the "quest complete" message. Have the quest active, possibly a bug?
Mackey

Postby Flamesoffire » Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:43 pm

2 small things.

1. Vampyric bite. When used on a 2x2, If you use it before you hit it (So it has no name) It works. But once it has a name it doesnt work anymore. Im guessing its not supposed to work at all on 2x2's? Dont know. Still though. Dont think it's supposed to work one second then not the next.

2. When choking, Enchanted weapons dont work. Just spams "You can't use an ability when choking!" fixed soon
Defeating a sandwich, Only makes it tastier... - Vegeta.
Flamesoffire
Posting from my ass computer.

NG Stats Raising

Postby Keighn » Sat Aug 10, 2013 4:30 am

I really don't know if this is a bug or a feature or something that was never really addressed.

With the limited amount of skill points (even including non class skills) getting your stats up to max is a pain when your skill get 100%. You have to /trimskill it back down for the stats to raise again.

Is there a fix to this in the future or will we have to just keep /trimming skills?
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Postby CinisterD » Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:27 pm

I just noticed auto tinted arties don't show the tint.

I cant be positive about the obsidian charm, but the felblade definitely doesn't show vamp.
CinisterD
Here for the lesbians.

Postby EmoMage » Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:34 pm

I know this has been posted before.. but..

Devlin has a Faulinei Felblade (vampyric) and it shows the Vampyric tint. (the sword shows red).

While, DUTCHMAN has the same weapon, Faulinei Felblade (vampyric), and the armoury doesn't show the red Vampyric tint.

I know that this has been an ongoing buggy thing for a while, and doesn't really matter because it doesn't effect gameplay, but was just curious as to why one shows the Vampyric tint, and the other doesn't?
eggmceye wrote:
ParadoxOfChoice wrote:Zombie using bow/sling probably shouldn't give disease.

the zombies are pulling the arrows out of their ass
EmoMage

Postby Devlin » Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:27 am

You can go out of bounds in The Underworld with a drake mount.
Devlin
I used to bake rockcakes in my bakery.

Postby eggmceye » Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:06 am

instead of fixing that I would try and make underworld better for exploring like that
(that map is about 10 years old now)
eggmceye
hello

PreviousNext

Return to EUO General