Bugs Thread - kinda updated feb 2010

"EUO - Further evidence that Diabloesque games kill real role-playing games."

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Eclips
egg has really fucked this game up :(

Re: Bugs Thread - kinda updated feb 2010

Post by Eclips » Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:46 am

These are the circumstances I noticed it in so far. Shrike and I were fighting pvp and he was able to hit me no problem. After posting last time, I thought that I was taking damage while using it in the torture chamber of DF. So I ran into the troll bridge with it on and was able to take damage. I also tried it the graveyard. I was able to take damage and get plague while phase was active.

I'm a 360ish drac monk if it means anything and am wearing all UA and an orb.

Aerie
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Aerie » Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:37 am

Faulinei Felblade (vampyric) doesn't show red tint on armoury. (not sure if it shows tint in-game or not)

Heikki
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

Post by Heikki » Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:51 pm

Not sure if bug or feature, but BR jewerly of attack does not give attack bonus from BR material.
confirmed 2013/5/10 -mb
undecided if bug or feaure ... 2015
Reg Heikki, Pyttipannu, Nappo
PD Soturi R.I.P , Taikuri, Rosvo

Joke of day:
A skeleton walks into a bar - orders a beer and a mop

Turtle
Good morning, Captain.

Post by Turtle » Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:56 pm

Bump with a finicky drops bug. I'm sure this isn't easy to fix, but here goes:

So that happened to me. I was a little bummed. And then about 20-30 minutes later...

3 boss mobs (a balron, a daemon, and a minotaur shaman) all pulled no-drops on me. Obviously that doesn't screenshot quite as well so I didn't record it, but I feel like maybe it's related?

It rarely happens but it happened 4 times within 30 minutes or so. I figured that meant something unique was happening, so I posted this.

ritari
buying vamp LS of any kind +5

Post by ritari » Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:13 am

I am able to wield the smelting tongs of night vision + 5. I am level 50. requirements for the tool is 125.
1 + 1 = 2

Adithmos
LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON

Post by Adithmos » Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:52 pm

Aerie wrote:my rl friend, Sweetie, is a rogue on PD. she's a gnome, with GM stealth, and she's running out of stealth. she had the same race and skills before she perma'd and didn't run out of hiding. anything i can look for, for her? her connection is fine. so i doubt lag (unless it's the server-doubful)

she has a forums account but can't remember the e-mail she used and can't remember her password. lawls.

but srsly, anything i can try for her?

-edit: erhm, weird? i took off her weapons, and reweilded them and she stopped running out of hiding. wtf does that have to do with anything? :/
Rak had a problem with this recently. I watched him come in and out of hiding repeatedly until he switched his gear (basically unwielded some things). Someone mentioned this on global that night too and think someone has posted about this lately as well.

SiNeR
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by SiNeR » Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:05 pm

3. Boss drop bug (when boss is killed on bridge or trashbin he doesnt leave any loot)
"we are elite, you are not!!"
-goblin elite

SanJorge
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Post by SanJorge » Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:24 am

I was doing Angelinas kill the vampire hunter quest.
i found him tried to attack him, but it said its not the right time for that.
I tried on different times, it didnt work, so i poisoned him with a green potion and killed him, it said that i should go to Willard for reward
,but who is Willard?

Severian
Good morning, Captain.

Post by Severian » Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:37 pm

Drops:
- When a boss is killed on a brass bridge or a garbage can, nothing seems to be dropped.
- When regular items are dropped on a brass bridge, sometimes you do not have the right to pick them up even if you were the only one attacking that mob.
- When a phase beast is killed near mountain tiles (the kind you can climb using a grappling hook), there seems to be a chance the portal doesn't appear. I think the same happens when there are lots of mobs moving close to the phase beast when it dies.

Quests:
- The completion message for the Sharina - Blue Stone quest sends you to Nestor; I think it should send you to Farnahm instead.

Ghandi
BBQ ABC <3

Post by Ghandi » Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:05 pm

I have been hunting in Heroic Ana and some of the daemons are hitting like a heroic but have the HP of a regular or vice versa. The spawns of the daemons are even more random like this.

Bugbo
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by Bugbo » Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:31 am

Recently when playing the sound started stuttering, especially when casting VOG. After a reboot the problem went away but still thought you should know.

EDIT: Sound issue happened again while in dead forest (maybe because of fountains?) Is anybody else having sound issues?

Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn » Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:59 am

I have an old human alt that is Monk/Mage. I've decided to try a Liu Kang approach and turn into dragonform but the result is less than what I expected. I would have figured the boost would be much better but instead it is more like I take a huge dip. (Mind you i'm not using weapons or orbs in either form.

On Arragon (mage/monk) in normal human form I have 56 AS & 20.9 Def (without armour but can be much higher up to 77 atm)
Normal form damage = 20-25
when in polymorphed Dragon Form it drops down to 35 AS & def stays the same.
Dragon form damage = 40-60

On Vandermast (Draconian mage) I have 35 AS & 25.2 Def
Normally dmg = 46-47
In Polymorped Dragon form I have 35 AS & 40 Def
Dragon dmg = 60-85

I'm not sure why the AS drops down to 35. Maybe its clumsiness or something being in that form. I honestly thought that you'd get a boost to AS & def as well while in that form. So is the dropping of AS a bug or not?

I don't suppose the length of time in dragon form could be based on int or have a longer duration. 20 seconds barely gives you time to attack much of anything.

Thane
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by Thane » Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:21 pm

I went from Fighter/Priest to Fighter/Monk to try it out. I didnt like it, so i removed my Monk skills and went back to Priest, but the last Aspect i used remained, even after log off. Granted, i could just my Remove Aspect to get rid of it, but shouldnt it really go away automatically less it gets taken advantage of ? Or is this a small thing and should just enjoy my icy war maul ?
May your beard be ever soaked in ale rather than vomit

Bugbo

Post by Bugbo » Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:48 am

Possibly a feature rather than an actual bug, but with old lighting if the square North of a mob is blacked out (in darkness) then you can't see the mob's HP bar.

Revan
I used to bake rockcakes in my bakery.

Post by Revan » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:29 pm

If a clan leader places a [*PlayerName*] chest in the clan hall for one of his members, the leader can not rename or move the chest. I did not try /removecontainer, because I do not know what happens to that guy's gear when such a thing is done.

EDIT: ADDITION: With the way that health recharges after you've been idol for whatever amount of time, one cannot die from starvation.
Last edited by Revan on Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
goemon: "Anyone wanna give me enchanted wood?"

Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn » Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:20 am

Either I had an inventory sync a long time ago on this alt or I dropped my white blood cells in the trash. Although, I don't recall ever being to shoreline when I restarted this alt. I can't get more blood cells as he refuses and says it'd kill me or something.

I don't supposed I could get some or perhaps the quest would allow him to always have a sample? I suppose I could just use a silver from another alt but then I miss out on quest xp.

Pretty stumped to what I did with them.

MoonGoat
Good morning, Captain.

Post by MoonGoat » Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:12 am

That place is on PD, thought you only played Reg DrRude. On Reg, that place is fine. (Or was, at least last time i checked.)

Edit: Since im mentioning differences between PD and Reg... On PD you can enter Mon Ferrato from the east side, that is not possible on Reg. I dont know how that works on other servers. Not a bug, just want to mention it.
"When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"
―Cave Johnson

Kracky
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by Kracky » Thu May 09, 2013 12:18 pm

Okay, not sure if this is a bug or a intentional joke by egg. I was polypiling in my player house on PD (Dehar). A giant rabbit appears and starts rearranging my chests !!. He pushed one onto my only door out of my house ! Thank god he didn't kick some chest onto non player house land I might have lost everything in it. Everyone should be forewarned not to start polypiling in their homes if they don't want the place hit by a monster furniture mover. Whats next ? Hippomen burgaling the place ? :fp:

Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn » Fri May 10, 2013 1:59 pm

A bug?
A cool screen shot?
A mutant cat?
hellcat sniper.png
I guess it is a troll axethrower falling to old arrow default.

EDIT: Fixed, leaving for entertaining screenshot
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Zilverlight

Post by Zilverlight » Sun May 12, 2013 2:24 am

Being told this is an intended feature, but slightly aggrivating because you lose your place in the dungeon.

Example:
You are travelling through CoS and you've gone pretty far. You come across a phase monster and so you enter the phase to hunt for some more treasure. While you are in that phase, you find another phase beast within and slay that one. Well, now you have a choice: Continue along the first phase for the moment until you find the treasure, then return for the second phase, or jump into the second phase assuming that when you are done, it will return you to the first. Choose to follow the first phase, you get the treasure for both phases, jump to the second one, and you only get the treasure to the second phase. When you attempt to leave the second phase, it doesn't bring you back to the first, it doesn't bring you back to the dungeon. You appear in a seemingly random shrine. You lose your place in the dungeon and have to start all over.

I've been told that in the past, people coming out of the second phase trying to get back to the first would appear in a void and be killed instantly (someone said permed but I don't know for sure) Is there anything that can be done to prevent us from losing all our progress in the dungeon without having to sacrifice the treasure from the second phase?
Desmond (AKA: Rurik)