Bugs Thread - kinda updated feb 2010

"EUO - Further evidence that Diabloesque games kill real role-playing games."

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Re: Bugs Thread - kinda updated feb 2010

Postby dshadowplay » Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:12 pm

Oddities & Bugs
  • at Duogon Tower and underpassages 33' 96'' there is an odd pile of gold that cant be picked up and when looked at repeats, 'you see some gold coins (3 peices)' enough times to fill the whole chat log.
  • at Snowy Island 6' 56'' there is a void tile that kills you when you take a ladder to it. also, on the inside of that little busted up boat (west of island entrance), you are able to walk on the darkness tiles.
  • at Under the Mountain Pass, Southern 36' 35'' where the portal puzzle begins, one of the second pair of portals is supposed to put you back at the start but puts you instead a little ways past where you go when you succesfully navigate the puzzle. thus kinda making it pointless.
  • the Book 'Chronicles of Kurzmord'ar', the first sentance has the letter 'K' instead of Kurzmord'ar. (i assume) feature
  • copper weapons do not show their reduced speed rating when veiwing them in inventory.
  • artifact weapons that are as/damage +7 do not show their increased damage rating when veiwing them in inventory.
  • using a wand of pet constitution on a pet thats already been zapped returns a message reffering to the wand as a taming wand instead of the new name.
  • after my pet dragon gets whacked with thunderclap it seems to cast offensive spells on itself (maybe feature, dunno). Also occasionally after the confusion wares off the beast will just sit there and not follow me even after i say 'follow', i put him in/out of his pokeball and that seems to clear it up.
  • all of the Nizweideux custom mobs had their weapons removed when Lord Mortys visible arms were implemented.
  • when i was doing the quests in Seftonvile from Sardor, he was talking about his last delivery quest to Montor when i still had 2 other quests from him that weren't given yet. so i would ask about the delivery quest and he would say im not ready for it yet but would not mention the prerequisite quests.
  • just an observation, there does not appear to be a normal way to get to the little beach area in the northeast corner of the Monastery. (you are able to get there by klimbing though, through regions at that)
-edit-
  • if my pet is standing on a 'sec' feature, (after it has been turned into a door) he blocks my movement.
dshadowplay
buying vamp LS of any kind +5

Postby SanJorge » Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:38 pm

I planted marigold and later i harvested it, the plant got destroyed , but i didnt get seeds from it .
Later i tried to plant hops there and it said there is already something planted , but i looked at the spot and it said : "you see dirt".
SanJorge
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Postby Sumter » Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:13 pm

I have a house on PD and my orginal character died, leaving behind a few items at the house. On my new character I was reorganizing the gear that I had spread out through the house from the orginal guy. I came across a spiked collar defense +4 and it says I have no right to take that! Found it odd since it was in my house and I pick it up to get to other gear thats under it.
[Reg] Buck
[PD] Sumter(formerly Javier)/DukeSease/Sease
Sumter
Good morning, Captain.

Postby Onyxt » Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:22 am

Sumter wrote:I have a house on PD and my orginal character died, leaving behind a few items at the house. On my new character I was reorganizing the gear that I had spread out through the house from the orginal guy. I came across a spiked collar defense +4 and it says I have no right to take that! Found it odd since it was in my house and I pick it up to get to other gear thats under it.

Its most likely the quest reward that's soul-bound. Make a new character with the same name to pick it up.
Onyxt
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Postby Sumter » Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:50 pm

I couldn't find a bugs thread in PD section so I'll post this here for now...

Well I was leveling with others on the PD server and I was in the back of the pack with nothing around me and suddenly was hit with random lag. I waited about 10 seconds, coming back to find a random ghost around me and two dragons below me and had full health (There was nothing to suggest, I was attacked to be dead at all). The group runs back up and kills the ghost saying I died and I asks what happened. I respond telling them I dont know at all, because on my screen I wasn't dead, I still was at full health and was never attacked. From there view I was a ghost, but from mine I was still an orc avatar. They res me, even though I wasn't dead (totally weird on screen). Well we go on leveling, and a while later I decide to call it quits so I log off at my house. I tried to log back on and it says character not found now...

Bad way to lose my guy in his house haha. Just thought it was really random how I lagged out, came back "dead" somehow... play and level up, then log out and try to log back on to find character not found.

Side note, my ghost dropped duplicated items and the exact amount of gold I already still had on my guy. So I had double the gold, two vamp scims+3, double the amont of blank scrolls and random crap like that.
[Reg] Buck
[PD] Sumter(formerly Javier)/DukeSease/Sease
Sumter
Good morning, Captain.

Postby Flamesoffire » Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:02 am

Nothin important. When making pots with shift f11. Accidentally hit h. Picked up the bench. Still made pots. Tried again with 'g'rab. Same thing. So was making potions without a bench.
Defeating a sandwich, Only makes it tastier... - Vegeta.
Flamesoffire
Posting from my ass computer.

Postby LordMortiferus » Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:41 pm

eggmceye wrote:what map is that? and where exactly

You will find those black undertiles on nearly every map. I volunteer to fix it - schould have time and bad weather over the holidays anyways - just send me a mail egg. Edit: Doing that i could update the map list on the manual as well.

Visible Weapons are show incorrectly from time to time. The sprite does not always change when someone readies another weapon, e.g. I saw Moongoat equipped with a short sword and shield but he was actually using a sling.
LordMortiferus
MACRO > me

Postby Akyla » Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:38 pm

I see that all the time when someone changes weapons. I believe it MIGHT show properly when a map is changed but I have yet to test it. It also gets me when I see someone with melee weapons and they are sitting there shooting. I have not seen one instance when someone switched weapons it actually visibly changed them. When I personally change weapons though I see that change made.
You get what anyone gets; you get a lifetime.
When the first living thing existed, I was there waiting.
When the last living thing dies, my job will be finished.
Next thing you're going to be moaning that I ought to get a scythe...
Akyla
I accidently ate my friend's placenta!

Postby eggmceye » Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:15 am

probably just because the serv doesn't synch the change out to save bandwidth
experiment: change wep then cast a spell like IL and the change will probably become visible then
eggmceye
hello

Postby CIAassassin » Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:11 am

I cast VOG on a guard in shoreline, right inside the entrance, and didn't go criminal. I hit him melee and it flagged me.
Rikimaru

"Oh, you're a lesbian? That's cool, I'm a lesbian trapped in a mans body, we should date."
CIAassassin
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

Postby Aerie » Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:24 pm

is that a bug? i didn't think that you could attack guards with magic anyway. (hence why you weren't flagged)

edit/correction : i attacked and died. (with VOG). Will you specify which server? This "test" was on alpha.
Aerie
Here for the lesbians.

Postby Aerie » Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:35 pm

double post. i get K.O.'d on alpha, reg, and i'm sure on NG too (i don't have a mage there). On PD, it seems to be disabled for the killing reason. Training perhaps?
Aerie
Here for the lesbians.

Postby Bugbo » Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:39 am

CIAassassin wrote:I cast VOG on a guard in shoreline, right inside the entrance, and didn't go criminal. I hit him melee and it flagged me.

Did he take any damage from the spell?
Bugbo
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Postby CIAassassin » Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:26 am

I dunno, Im level 45 with about 70 int so it wouldnt do much to notice.
Rikimaru

"Oh, you're a lesbian? That's cool, I'm a lesbian trapped in a mans body, we should date."
CIAassassin

Postby Aerie » Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:40 am

"Attack with magic: no effect!" So, I take it, that it must be disabled for PD for some reason.
Aerie
Here for the lesbians.

Postby Mr.Crowley » Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:36 am

Found out earlier that players on PD have been cheesing a bug that prolly shouldn't be going on. If you drop a resstone and name a new character the same name as the soulbound character that you dropped the stone with, you can pick up the resstone with the new character.
You will find the strength
To beat the Deamons and the Balrons
Conquer evil and slay the werewolves
Balance the peace in
Eggs ultima online....

-Ruki- His tribute song
Mr.Crowley

Postby DrRude » Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:49 am

The clan list within the clan.php script on the website sometimes displays characters that no longer exist.

For example, if you go to the clans page ---> http://euotopia.com/clans.php

And then click on the clan named "XEN" ---> http://euotopia.com/clan.php?c=XEN

And then click on the character "ubernoober" ---> http://euotopia.com/plyr.php?p=ubernoober&serv=reg

You'll get a "Character not found!"

Yeah, it's not exactly a show stopper but I figured it better to note than to ignore.
DrRude
on lolpatrol

Postby ritari » Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:47 am

Playing euo on my computer my vampyric claymore looks normal claymore, even while attacking says "attack with claymore:", but it behaves lie vampyric weapon. is there any setting in euo to make it look okay? Can i make own sounds and replace original sound.waves? Will it cause game crash and will it be legal?

You are able to lure minotaurs to the ocean, mountain or dead tree from dark forest. Its kinda funny. :D
You can talk and buy from NPC while they are sleeping. :D not bugs perhaps but something little..
1 + 1 = 2
ritari
buying vamp LS of any kind +5

Postby Eclips » Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:47 pm

My pet Red dragon keep getting stuck in VOT instance in PD. I think it may have something to do with confuse from the iron golems. After it happens, it wont move from its location or even switch directions. Changing it's commands doesn't do anything and walking out of it's distance wont teleport it. The only thing that helps is relogging.
Eclips
egg has really fucked this game up :(

Postby MoonGoat » Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:17 am

eggmceye wrote:
MoonGoat wrote:Boss blood lord didnt die from glass weapon... that killed me on pd :/

you're good value goat but this is your worst post yet

I guess that means it isnt possible to kill them using glass then, i've never tried before. Thought glass could kill anything in one hit.
Well, sorry for that post then. How about adding more info about what glass can and can't kill in the item materials part of the manual?
"When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"
―Cave Johnson
MoonGoat
Good morning, Captain.

PreviousNext

Return to EUO General