Bugs Thread - kinda updated feb 2010

"EUO - Further evidence that Diabloesque games kill real role-playing games."

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Re: Bugs Thread - kinda updated feb 2010

Postby Azalynn » Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:20 pm

EmoMage wrote:i told you, when you remort your xp starts back at 0. you remorted at level 200+. your XP has to catch back up to your level before you'll start actually gaining levels again. you didn't lose any levels or stats.

I posted this before you responded in game.
Regular
Thrall

PD
Azalynn - Retired 1000
Thrall - Retired 1000
Windwalker
Azser
Az
Xentria [LotL]
Azalynn
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Postby syfr » Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:40 pm

Long story short, there seems to be an animation que being sent from the server that fails to reach my computer, so i end up seeing what everyone else did 2-5 seconds ago, usualy.

Edit: Animations seem to be causing delay up to 15 seconds behind other players in the game, my drivers are up to date and i have a good enough system to play this game around 6 times over in parties, so idk why it would delay. problem being that my animations seem to be stacking, and until one is done, another wont start. corpse explosion does this aLOT. problem being that if you are even 2 seconds behind on pd, you probably just died. ive played the game on more than one pc with up to date drivers, current one has 6gigs of ram a low-mid range gfx card and 3.5 quad cpu.... so its not my specs that are having issues.

It seems that animations are following a que, and are not happening sequentialy (meaning i get increasing delay the more skills/attacks/movements that are used). if it all happened at once itd be fine xD. and occasionally itll just fast forward to the right moment, but its as if the server isnt sending the packets fast enough, or that there occasionally is a significant enough delay to make me see half a minute behind everyone im playing with.

ok so this is getting rediculous, ive played this game on probably 15 different computers, watched it played by other people on there account and asked about delay and the like, and i am the only person ive met that has delay spikes due to animation that span anywhere from 10-60 seconds, ive lost 3 chars over 200 in the last week or 2 due to this stacking issue, and im seriously getting pissed off, how am i supposed to keep a character alive if im 15 seconds behind.

Edit: this happens solo to, but is most noticeable with even 1 other player or a pet.
Last edited by syfr on Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
syfr
Kodiak has probably banned me by now.

Postby LaughingCoyote » Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:23 am

GP isn't added to your inventory when you kill mobs with hexblades.
Hecate wrote: I feel even more evil than ever, milking cows before killing them.

eggmceye wrote:pretty cool having vigour put in the manual after 14 years X-D
LaughingCoyote
My monkey's still learning the basics of e-mail.

Postby CumfartPrincess » Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:42 pm

Hey babe,

skeletun's MR Bonus. Is the additional +15% only meant to effect base MR? when I equip a +5 MR item, my MR only jumps by 100, as it would without the bonus.

Fix this, baby. only mages can really benefit from this bonus. throw us skeletun fighters and rogues a BONE here.

forever truly yours,
Goemon
Aliens have been watching over our existence for longer than we can even comprehend. All for one reason. To eat ass.
-Sparcmac
CumfartPrincess
Kodiak has probably banned me by now.

Postby eggmceye » Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:07 pm

Devlin wrote:I have a minor complaint - but could weapons train their stats by their specific split instead of a fixed value?

that's actually on my wishlist somewhere
eggmceye
hello

Postby DUTCHMAN » Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:19 am

So while hunting with Goemon. I was monitoring his xp growth. I noticed he was getting way less XP than what I was getting. His level was 190, my level was 314. Could this be a possible bug with xp for skeletons? Seemed like everyone else was pretty much getting the xp they should have.
DUTCHMAN
I'll be going back to Tibia next week.

Postby DUTCHMAN » Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:21 am

Also we have hunted with full 5 man parties in the Blood Queen map. and he only pulls down 50% ish of a level. I remember when I was that level I was getting way more than Goemon.
DUTCHMAN

Postby LordMortiferus » Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:37 pm

On the devserver I was able to see a mob bleeding while it was not within line of sight. However, I am not using the latest gamefiles.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
LordMortiferus
MACRO > me

Postby speed » Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:35 am

LordMortiferus wrote:On the devserver I was able to see a mob bleeding while it was not within line of sight. However, I am not using the latest gamefiles.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure the particle engine is visible everywhere on the screen. In a party, for instance, you often seen green dragon INH attacks on the other side of a door (though the breath attacks don't actually hurt unless you stand in its line of sight).
-Speed(COG) = [Grandmaster Stafffighter idk...]
speed

Postby Onyxt » Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:12 pm

Not sure how long this has been like this, but all the items on top of Sylvengarde Tower are all in a neat pile next to the ladder. They're normally on the tables.
Onyxt
Posting from my ass computer.

Postby LaughingCoyote » Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:36 pm

LordMortiferus wrote:On the devserver I was able to see a mob bleeding while it was not within line of sight. However, I am not using the latest gamefiles.

That's been happening to me for a while, didn't know it was a bug. Not on Dev server, obviously.
Hecate wrote: I feel even more evil than ever, milking cows before killing them.

eggmceye wrote:pretty cool having vigour put in the manual after 14 years X-D
LaughingCoyote
My monkey's still learning the basics of e-mail.

Postby Keighn » Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:42 am

Gotta watch that tower and summoned swords. Unless egg fixed it a flurry chain can happen and dwindle your all to death. Got a perm that way once. And i was tanked and top hp. Doubt logging would have stopped it.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Postby Onyxt » Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:02 am

Keighn wrote:Gotta watch that tower and summoned swords. Unless egg fixed it a flurry chain can happen and dwindle your all to death. Got a perm that way once. And i was tanked and top hp. Doubt logging would have stopped it.

I'm pretty sure he doesn't summon as many thing as he use to. Think that change was done years ago.
Onyxt
Posting from my ass computer.

Postby Keighn » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:04 am

Takes a while if you camp it. Rather random tbh. But that flurry bug has got to be rare. I suppose i should have tested on alpha and see if i died again from flying scimitars. Funny how 1s can whitle ya down.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Postby LordMortiferus » Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:02 am

Underscores "_" are not appearing in the chat window. This makes it difficult to chat with Ched about scripts and API functions :lesson:
LordMortiferus
MACRO > me

Postby EmoMage » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:01 am

don't if a bug or not, but you used to be able to click a link just below "Board Index" on the forums to take you back to euotopia.com. that link seems to be gone now.
eggmceye wrote:
ParadoxOfChoice wrote:Zombie using bow/sling probably shouldn't give disease.

the zombies are pulling the arrows out of their ass
EmoMage
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Postby Zilverlight » Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:23 pm

speed wrote:
AlexisMagnus wrote:Then I entered again and went into Heroic Mino - but portal sent me to Blood instance again, and now I can't access Heroic Mino. That was with SirNoobs. I logged off, tried to reproduce the opposite with other char (Carago), so entered Heroic Mino and now Blood Mino portal sends it to Heroic: Blood instance is now unaccessible for him. Logged in again with SirNoobs, problem persists, for him only Blood Mino instance is available.

This has been around for a while, but I don't know if it's a bug or not. From what I can tell, stepping through the heroic portal for the first time sets the difficulty of the separate instance to heroic (at least for that character) until the map resets. If it was an intentional feature, my best guess would be that it was to either save server space, or that it was easier to code.

Not sure if you're right and it is an intentional feature, but it's still doing this. I can understand it being a feature, just haven't seen anywhere that it was one.
Desmond (AKA: Rurik)
Zilverlight

Postby Keighn » Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:55 pm

Considered almost same instance. Probably minor bug. One of the aubox i had told me when any particular instance i was in would reset. Forget which one. Yeah, it'd be cool to clear each back to back but atm they are just shared (similar to tangled that had heroic and epic instances).
Photobucket Suckz Monkey Nutz
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Postby EmoMage » Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:30 pm

i don't recall that being a bug. you walked into an instance of THAT MAP. so when you walk out and walk back into another instance, or in this case "the other" instance, it hasn't had time to reset. it's always done that.
eggmceye wrote:
ParadoxOfChoice wrote:Zombie using bow/sling probably shouldn't give disease.

the zombies are pulling the arrows out of their ass
EmoMage

Postby Zilverlight » Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:42 pm

So I decided today to name a statue for my house. Bought a name certificate and wielded then named it. Only, the statue doesn't glow purple. I tried dying in hopes it would make it glow suddenly but to no avail. The statue also got a funky sub-name now. When you look at it, it reads "Astaroth (venomous)" but in your inventory it reads "Astaroth (shadowlord+head) venomous statue (NOTHING)" It was just a shadowlord statue before :?

I mean, there's a venomous shadowlord on my lawn, that's a plus! But I wonder if it's a bug causing it to become venomous, change the inventory text so drastically, and cause it to not glow.
Desmond (AKA: Rurik)
Zilverlight

PreviousNext

Return to EUO General