Bugs Thread - kinda updated feb 2010

"EUO - Further evidence that Diabloesque games kill real role-playing games."

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Re: Bugs Thread - kinda updated feb 2010

Post by Keighn » Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:41 am

Innefective imho. Then again, ive never tried to feed zombies until 100. Too much digging and waste of bones.

Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn » Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:54 am

I don't know if this is a bug and only on the ladder but the monk levitate ability is odd. You can't see anything. Its like you're still meditating. Hard as hell to navigate there. Not Remo Williams like at all.

Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn » Wed Dec 14, 2016 6:47 am

For some reason Lvl 9 - Ixgenktar (imp) on Ladder is NOT giving up glass coins. Odd.

And Fishing doesn't seem to work in NevaNevaland nor in the dungeons. I found an addy rod.. was hoping to fish up some DS boots. But 0 fishing.

Sumter
Good morning, Captain.

Post by Sumter » Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:09 am

Might not be a bug but shouldn't I be able to use the pet command *spells* on my pet Zorn so that he will only cast IVPY ? I've had no luck with this because my Zorn just wants to melee attack 90% of the time and it's pretty useless.
[Reg] Buck
[PD] Sumter(formerly Javier)/DukeSease/Sease

Rumper
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Post by Rumper » Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:46 am

Levitating while not seeing anything is EPIC! Best skill ever especially when travelling over water in PD for extra thrills.

Zorns don't cast IVPY, it's their passive abillity or some sort. So you can't really force it to spam it.

Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn » Mon Dec 26, 2016 11:57 am

When buying/selling in your chests and you hit a for ammo. Nothing appears. Cursed on not cursed. Bullets or arrows. Nothing. So filter must not work.

Comet
buying vamp LS of any kind +5

Post by Comet » Tue Dec 27, 2016 2:45 pm

I found a bug involving the raft in the Lost Jungle map.

For those of you who don't know, if you are on the raft in the lost jungle and read a scroll of truesight, you'll see a neutral sea serpent tugging the raft along. The sea serpent is unable to be revealed or hurt by attacks. I think mechanics-wise, the sea serpent makes the spot next to it a wooden floor tile and teleports you to it. As the sea serpent moves it continues to teleport you on another wooden platform, and when you are no longer on a wooden platform, the spot is reverted to water. The problem is, the sea serpent can be messed with. Here's where things get problematic:

Casting charm on the sea serpent makes it good aligned, and it will start attacking enemies along the way while remaining invis, and also dragging you off course.

Casting hex on the sea serpent causes it to despawn and leave you stranded in the middle of the river.

Most damaging, however, is clone. If you try and clone the sea serpent, and are close enough to land, it will create a clone of that sea serpent on land. The original sea serpent then despawns, you are teleported next to your clone, and the square you are standing on converts to a wooden floor tile- even if you are on land. Waiting until your clone despawns causes the terrain to stay as a wooden floor tile, and stepping off of it will turn it into a water tile, even if it originally was a land tile. This enables the player to grief the map by converting parts of the map to water. I'm pretty sure seize can also mess with the terrain in this way- and it's probably more destructive because it lets you repeatedly seize the serpent onto a new spot on land and convert more and more of the ground into water in the process. I waited until the server reset to see if that map would get fixed, but the damage done to the map stays, probably until the game gets updated or something.

I wonder how this applies to the invisible croc that HOB is centered on- maybe that should be tested as well.

Minor bonus bug: While on the raft press ',' to see the large map and you'll see that your red icon leaves a trail behind.

Melk
BBQ ABC <3

Post by Melk » Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:51 am

Hello,
i died (PD server) on Lonewolf char. I log in on my fighter (Taron) in order to get some gear back but once in the game it says "sync error" i see Taron wearing the weapon of my death char. i relogged and Taron was naked and without attack sigils (2+8 and 1+9). Could i have them back?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Shino
buying vamp LS of any kind +5

Post by Shino » Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:35 pm

Melk wrote:Hello,
i died (PD server) on Lonewolf char. I log in on my fighter (Taron) in order to get some gear back but once in the game it says "sync error" i see Taron wearing the weapon of my death char. i relogged and Taron was naked and without attack sigils (2+8 and 1+9). Could i have them back?
this happened to me too about a year ago, was too pissed off to make any posts about it.

i lost atk sigils and all my gear also

Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn » Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:40 am

Small Graphical glitch. On the overlays the buckler and small shield don't register tint colors. I tested with several shields on it just wasn't working.

When put on the ground the shields register their tint color on the metal around the wood but not in the overlay.

Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn » Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:14 am

Here's a cutie that I've finally figured out. And its damn annoying considering how I have my binds. At times when you are alt attacking using a special.. or its alt attacking and a special then hit say f4 to use heal or w/e.. the game QUITS.

I'm like wth?

eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye » Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:45 am

I'm not sure I'd want to fix that - good being able to rage quit

Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn » Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:07 am

No biggie. I'll just modify how I use my function keys. I get a similar situation when playing my mage and suddenly it wants to bind a spell when say I'm trying to pick something up. Its me pressing keys way too fast in an odd combination. Now that I know how I did it I can take steps to prevent doing it.

Rumper
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Post by Rumper » Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:14 am

Still might be worth to check out sticky keys.

Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn » Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:28 am

I disabled all that stuff ages ago, along with screen orientation. Its just hitting a certain combo too soon as I tend to have a lil bit of lag.

Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn » Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:00 am

The Master Wizard at the top of the tower seems to have some sort of error or ability I don't know. I was up there on HULK and he summoned a rondel and a sword. Then as I was attacking him.. I was getting hit hundreds of times.. for low damage but it added up. No key response or anything. Permed HULK but you might want to check him out and see if that error can be duplicated or if it is a genuine ability.

I recall something like that happening before with the Master Wizard (top of Sylvengard tower). Oh well. Was NOT a lag issue.

Was in tanking mode, regeneration... shit i was regenning faster than they could hurt then it was like... trillions of hits. Wasn't even near them. Which really doesn't make sense. Ah, well... I'll remake him. Lost some gear but not like a remort lvl 250 takes any time. Just seems that encounter has a serious error. Maybe he summoned a 3rd possessed thing or the sword flurried causing a mega - flurry loop of death.

Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn » Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:13 pm

A machine gun of flurry death that just wouldn't stop. No biggie cept the items and then.. mostly mundane shit even the +5 MR.. VF meh.. even if addy and barbed. +30sh str.. meh.. Just annoying but the levels.. Piece of cake.

eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye » Thu May 25, 2017 8:34 pm

i think what happens is this:

sword hits
1/3 chance of flurry
flurry calls hit func which calls more flurrys
possibility of long loop because flurrys are invoking more flurrys :fp:

I wonder why this is a thing now? this is 10 yo code, but also, I thought maybe mobs had a rage req too? but not here ...

eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye » Thu May 25, 2017 9:03 pm

Keighn wrote:Clanhall bug:
If you search on a barrel you don't have permission to pick up that food. I don't know if it stays hooked there or not. And yes I'm a clan member. A picture is unnecessary.
do you remember which hall/barrel it was? more likely it was to do with a hook than being a hall perse

eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye » Thu May 25, 2017 9:35 pm

Comet wrote:Just registered my account because I found a bug with shield bash. When you equip a glass weapon and a shield, your shield bash special attack will instakill mobs but the glass weapon won't break in the process.
great bug post, fix soon