Bugs Thread - kinda updated feb 2010

"EUO - Further evidence that Diabloesque games kill real role-playing games."

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Heniek
I'd laugh if I saw a centaur IRL

Re: Bugs Thread - kinda updated feb 2010

Post by Heniek » Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:45 am

After one of latest updates, my enchanted weapons on PD have messed up displays in weapon details (description in inventory is correct). For example adamantium tomahawk AEP is now adamantium tomahawk AN, copper tomahawk XJ is now copper tomahawk In Wis. It's just display bug though, in combat they work as they are supposed to.
It's always funny until someone gets hurt. Then it's just hilarious.

Heniek, Macros [reg]
Undertow, Macros, Khelavaster, Reptile, Burn [PD]

LaughingCoyote
My monkey's still learning the basics of e-mail.

Post by LaughingCoyote » Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:21 pm

Minor typo in the arty generator name list. "Yong,'s Dread"
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Hecate wrote: I feel even more evil than ever, milking cows before killing them.
eggmceye wrote:pretty cool having vigour put in the manual after 14 years X-D

jaska
LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON

Post by jaska » Sun Jul 01, 2018 1:15 am

I believe that >hamstringing on my Sabre of Brutality on Nyrkki on weekly does not work, tried hitting LCs character with pvp on and it never hamstrung.

Comet
buying vamp LS of any kind +5

Post by Comet » Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:11 pm

I was helping a player complete several stone quests, and we noticed that some of the old quests/dialogue is broken.

Blue Stone:
First clue sends you to Izumi. Gertrude is supposed to tell you where Sharina goes next, but for some reason now he just says "I cannot help you with that", making it impossible to do the quest without already knowing the ending.
When asking Merik about Shar, he instead tells you "I don't know of any Sharina!" And proceeds to offer you the Xile quest. This would have been the correct dialogue if you hadn't yet done the Xile quest, but you've killed Xile by now. As a result he never tells you what Shar is up to and it's another confusing dead end. Most players would not know to go to the Ethereal dimension and talk to Xanophear at this point.
Minor typo: Talking to Jay in Strangiato after completing the quest gives the response "Wow I never would have thought she would have died!" with an extra space after wow
Orange Stone:
This is the first time I've seen this bug happen. The player I was helping gave to three different beggars and then asked for the stone. Shentis refused. Annoyingly, we had to wait for all three beggars to reset to try again. We then tried mentioning all the keywords to Shentis (to hopefully reordain the quest), gave to one beggar, and asked for the stone. Shentis refused. I then suggested he relog, reordain, give to the remaining two beggars, and ask for the stone, but it still failed. As is the quest seems pretty glitchy and unintuitive, and you have to wait a long time for beggars to accept money again if you mess up.

Bonus: Last I checked back in August 2017, Talking to Old Henry asking to 'retrieve' his fishing rod would instead activate Foveaux's dialogue and start the Foveaux's ring quest. I'm assuming this is if you try to retrieve Old Henry's fishing rod after killing Foveaux and doing that mon ferrato quest, but I'm not 100% sure.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

EmoMage
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by EmoMage » Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:19 am

Comet wrote:Blue Stone:
First clue sends you to Izumi. Gertrude is supposed to tell you where Sharina goes next, but for some reason now he just says "I cannot help you with that", making it impossible to do the quest without already knowing the ending.
it's never sent you to izumi before. farnham sends you straight to the library to talk to Nestor. which then leads you on to going to the wizards tower to kill the devil in the top room. then you go back to farnham and the blue stone is yours. it's not impossible.
eggmceye wrote:
ParadoxOfChoice wrote: Zombie using bow/sling probably shouldn't give disease.

the zombies are pulling the arrows out of their ass

Kynt

Post by Kynt » Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:56 am

Minor nitpick - proccing the OG enchant (straight lightning) against a mob in the edge of the map makes the lightning go to the (I assume) 0 x 0 tile, top left of the map. Happens when the lightning effect goes over the map's edge. It probably works correctly, just the effect messes up. t'looks hilarious :P

Solvent
Hey I just posted on an internet forum!

Post by Solvent » Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:37 pm

Tinted mythic essences do not seem to work at all. Both LaughingCoyote and I were attempting to mythic a weapon of mine with the material, and it appeared as "You have items in your pile that should not be there". The regular untinted essence worked fine.

Comet

Post by Comet » Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:46 am

Spawned devils/gazers from the Beholder occasionally teleport near an unsuspecting player, usually after a kill (I think). Then they fly to the top left corner of the map. Luckily I was on Reg when it happened today.

Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn » Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:42 pm

when charging the Hamstring icon over mob doesn't appear for it being held. I rather forgot what it was but I know it isn't showing. Unless I'm forgetting some setting.

Comet

Post by Comet » Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:47 am

Khaki potions don't seem to work anymore, since when I tried using a special I immediately dropped down to 0 rage. Is this a bug or a nerf?

jaska

Post by jaska » Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:52 pm

Daria tells me i need 96 polymorphism/druidry to get the next upgrade after 8 (mothra), which does not exist:

Eclips
egg has really fucked this game up :(

Post by Eclips » Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:35 am

Whatever the weak version of Special Attack you can use when you dont have 90 skill with Staves uses 50 rage, but won't let you use it without 100 rage. This doesn't match fighter weapons.

Dodge seems broken a little by poly. I havent noticed since my dex is over the 25 base when polied but before i had a huge chance to dodge physical attacks.

SanJorge
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Post by SanJorge » Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:05 pm

with Pandora on NG i have a bug if i kill a dragonboss with XMP, it doesnt drop.
PS: after 4 no drops in a row, it works again.
Later : I managed to get another no drop, so its still there.Maybe cards, i dont remember a card drop on NG.

Eclips

Post by Eclips » Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:02 am

Keep getting an error that I need 12% poly to turn into a crock but I have the exact 12 given by the trainer. Skill works for the first cast and then never again. Resets if I trim the druid skills to 0 and ask for training again. This is on Silence when hes at the class cap..

Tried trimming another skill by a point to see if that helped but now i'm getting the "Skill not bumped, you're over the class cap!" message every time.

Limited poly to 12 and that has cleared up the inability to cast, but I can't get past 124% class cap. Checked myskills through out, hasn't been adding up. (currently at 124.00000, Polymorphism 12.00000, block 12.0000, no other non rogue skills.)

Can't change races on Alpha. eclipsXIII and a few earlier eclips versions. Message is "Tgt play cap bonus > 0! can't change race"

Mackey

Post by Mackey » Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:34 pm

Try /limitskill and /trimskill your rogue skills to 100

Comet

Post by Comet » Tue Jan 01, 2019 12:13 pm

Ok, so this is going to be a very obscure bug...

On a half troll char, pressing F to fire with a sling bound and a 1h melee weap in the primary hand causes the sling to be dual wielded in the off hand. This is worthless, since you can't fire the sling. Pressing F to fire again just unequips the sling.

Now dual wield melee weapons and press F to fire twice to equip and then unequip a sling in the off hand. Normally when dual wielding, the attack rate on both weapons is reduced, but now you dual wield without losing attack speed.

The sling looks like it replaced the off hand weapon, but it never did, meaning you still fight with both weapons. However, since the off hand is technically empty, you aren't considered dual wielding and so don't lose attack rate. In fact, since you technically aren't even wielding the off hand weapon, just hitting with it, the attack speed of your off hand is the same as your primary hand, regardless of whether your offhand is slower.

LordMortiferus
MACRO > me

Post by LordMortiferus » Sat Jan 26, 2019 6:27 pm

Maybe an exotic bug or a feature I guess:
Mobs behind a barrier-fea that does block the field of vision like a wall tile can still target and attack the player with spells and vice versa.

Eclips

Post by Eclips » Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:16 pm

Fear and Confusion is bugged. Right now about 50% of the mobs that end up feared, won't move attack or anything until another mob or player hits them, and then they start to run. This didn't happen during the initial release that I noticed anyway.

Additionally, the server often sends back frequent messages about the mob running away and then returning to fight and running away and so on for the duration.

Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn » Mon May 20, 2019 2:13 pm

Ok, I was curious and this should have just said failed but it ate the artifact and made staff soulbound. I Tried the druid enchant with a hoe of destruction (it does have a fg enchant) and an adamanitum staff. Well, yeah. Destroyed the hoe and made the staff soulbound. Damn! Now I gotta find a new one. (yes this was on pd)

Sheesh me and trying stupid shit when there is alpha server. Derpity derp.

EmoMage

Post by EmoMage » Wed May 22, 2019 1:10 pm

doesn't sound like a bug to me for the artifact part. sorry to tell you, but it looks like you lost your hoe for Saturday night.. X-D
eggmceye wrote:
ParadoxOfChoice wrote: Zombie using bow/sling probably shouldn't give disease.

the zombies are pulling the arrows out of their ass