Bugs Thread - kinda updated feb 2010

"EUO - Further evidence that Diabloesque games kill real role-playing games."

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Re: Bugs Thread - kinda updated feb 2010

Postby hellslave » Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:42 am

Grinding sanctity spells next to a brazier in a shrine can take levels at that shrine (took 3 casts of heal before i'd medded long enough to level up)

edit: Also, can cast sanctity spells while drowning (at least in the case of levitating over water then casting levitate again)
A balanced diet is a cookie in each hand :jam:
hellslave
I used to bake rockcakes in my bakery.

Postby Eclips » Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:59 am

As a monk, you can ninja other people's GM fist. Gwynn killed a boss, and I was able to talk to him and get sent to the dojo.
Eclips
egg has really fucked this game up :(

Postby Eclips » Sat Sep 04, 2010 1:21 am

Today on PD I switched from Fisticuffs to Malhavoc, grabbed some stuff from the bank and switched back to Fisticuffs and now Fisticuffs is using Malhavoc's bank inventory. I switched to eclips and his bank was fine, but when I switched back to Fisticuffs he had eclips's.
Eclips

Postby Eclips » Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:20 am

I don't know if you can consider this a bug or not, but clones of mages can cast healing spells even though mages no longer have the ability.
Eclips

Postby Eisenheim » Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:07 am

Just ten minutes ago i was cleaning up my inventory.
Putting things into different containers in the IAG-clanhall. The messagebox told me, that i put some stuff into a chest which i didnt put there, the most important was a SC aegis. I checked the container for safety and then everything crashed. I couldnt move or do anything else. When i logged in again five minutes later, the SC was gone. Not in my inventory and not in the container.
What happened here? Any ideas about it? :?
Im not in that bad mood if the SC isnt replaced, but id like to know what happened to prevent it if possible.
"We are all giants, raised by pygmies, who have learned to walk with a perpetual mental crouch"
Eisenheim
Kodiak has probably banned me by now.

Postby eggmceye » Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:28 pm

worst bug: ships
as a passenger on a ship, on weekly pd, I suddenly started drowning and died

has this happened to anyone on reg or any other server??
eggmceye
hello

Postby lotharl » Thu Nov 25, 2010 2:08 am

I was fighting three mino chiefs on Weekly PD when they all attack me with their special attacks at the same time, i also used VM to heal as i was about to die and then i got disconected. Now i assumed i died but apparently i did not as i was able to log back on with full health in the same spot i thought i died at.

however during the exact moment i was disconected the continent also changed and now nord haven is trapped by watter as well as nords jail (or so i was told)and the only way players can get out is if they chose drac's or if they are using a party members tp. (i thought the map only cycled at the end of the ladder?)
lotharl

Postby 1 » Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:47 am

I apologize if this is a repost, but when partying, sometimes your party member will disappear (especially after sharing a square and moving).
on lolpatrol

Postby Eisenheim » Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:05 pm

@ Angelus
I`ve noticed that too (its the 7 to me) -its happening, when i use the global chat e.g.
It binds the item at the top of your inventory list.
I solved it this way: i put the item i want to bind to 7 at the top of my inventory (select item and use shift up/down to position it) , so it always got bound to 7 again (in my case, its the butchers knife :) )

(hopefully this is helpful for you)
Eisenheim

Postby Chedich » Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:25 pm

You don't necessarily have to have it in your inventory, I or example have had 'zinc tomahawk +50' and 'tomahawk enchanted (KXC)', which seems fairly random as I've never had either of those items. Also, saying '/'(I'm assuming shift+any number will do the trick even) will activate the rebind, and if you pressed enter before you get the inventory menu up you'll rebind to your selection every time you type shift+number.
Chedich
on lolpatrol

Postby eggmceye » Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:27 am

turn num lock off?
eggmceye
hello

Postby xShawtyx » Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:11 am

So ever since I got unbanned, my patcher doesn't run right. I launch EUO and it says theres a patch, I click ok for it to start the patch and I just get ( Permission Denied). Same thing when I go into my EUO folder and manually run it. Keep having to reinstall EUO to get the patches.
Egg chopped off his arm to get rid of a rash, but its okay.. it'll grow back! He's a crab. Trist is my Fav TrollFace!!
xShawtyx
Good morning, Captain.

Postby eggmceye » Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:35 pm

experimental fix:
next time it happens, run task manager, go to process tab, kill euo.exe
then try running patcher by hand
eggmceye
hello

Postby eggmceye » Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:15 pm

Eisenheim wrote:@ Angelus
I`ve noticed that too (its the 7 to me) -its happening, when i use the global chat e.g.
It binds the item at the top of your inventory list.
I solved it this way: i put the item i want to bind to 7 at the top of my inventory (select item and use shift up/down to position it) , so it always got bound to 7 again (in my case, its the butchers knife :) )

(hopefully this is helpful for you)

Chedich wrote:You don't necessarily have to have it in your inventory, I or example have had 'zinc tomahawk +50' and 'tomahawk enchanted (KXC)', which seems fairly random as I've never had either of those items. Also, saying '/'(I'm assuming shift+any number will do the trick even) will activate the rebind, and if you pressed enter before you get the inventory menu up you'll rebind to your selection every time you type shift+number.

non us keyboards?
also this isn't happening when using inventories -
can you provide exact step by step example please
eggmceye
hello

Postby Chedich » Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:50 am

eggmceye wrote:non us keyboards?
also this isn't happening when using inventories -
can you provide exact step by step example please

Yes, we're both using non-US keyboards. I'm unable to reproduce it reliably though. I notice that it tries to rebind(and fails) when I press shift+7('/') without having the chat open.

If you sort your inventory when viewing it through the 'd'rop list it won't save the sorting.

The party member dots will lag behind if you're in the same ship.
Chedich
on lolpatrol

Postby LordMortiferus » Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:55 pm

Regarding the binding of hotkeys - not sure if this helps.
When you have a non US-keyboard where you have to use shift+7 for / ,you always see what item is binded to number 7 when you want to chat - thats because shift + any number show you what item is binded to the keys respectivly. When you search your inv/banker/etc. you do it by pressing shift+7 = / which will enable the search function AND binds any item thats highlighted at the very moment to the number 7 key. You can only sort while 'v'iewing your inventory.
LordMortiferus
MACRO > me

Postby Chedich » Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:00 pm

Yeah, that's probably(although not necessarily all the issues with shift+7) it. As for the sorting, yes I know. But it allows you to even try, either sorting should work in the 'd'rop list, or it shouldn't even let you try.
Chedich
on lolpatrol

Postby mud » Sat Apr 23, 2011 6:34 am

I seem to have lost an item to a bug. I believe it's related to chest sorting, I'll give you as much information as I can, hopefully you'll be able to track down what happened. To be clear, I really don't care at all about getting the item back, more worried that it will happen again to something that I can't replace.

What happened:
1) Bought a blackrock flail + 9 from Nekro.
2) Picked it up from the ground in nord bank, where Nekro dropped it.
3) Took it to my house, and (shift+b) placed it in my chest named "Good" (11' 84", Traders')
4) Looked in the chest (with 'b'), filtered for /blackrock, saw that it was in there (was seeing what other br + 9 i had)
5) Closed out of the chest and did /sort, moved it up with the other blackrock (I used both shift + up and shift + pgup).
After that I'm unsure of exactly what I did, but it involved another sort, to move the br hoe +9 up with the others. It had already been in the chest for a long time.

I've looked in my inventory, and every chest I own, and in my bank. The item isn't anywhere. There is another visible oddity, the blackrock morning star + 9 in the same chest is now sorted at the very top, when before it was sorted down a little with the other blackrock items. I also tried removing like 1/2 of the items in the chest, and looking again (since I know that having too many items in one chest can make some invisible), but it is still not there. Also tried relogging.
mud
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Postby ibrowniedefender » Mon May 09, 2011 1:12 am

on pd, and weekly pd while LOtL you can drop your stuff, delete the char and make a new one with the same name and pick the stuff back up
ibrowniedefender
on lolpatrol

Postby ChrisCooper » Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:33 am

My flesh golem gets really stupid in the middle of a fight and just runs back and forth, not attacking anything.

So far this has happened in follow, heel, and guard mode.

Haven't checked to see if it happens with other pets.
I'm here to kick ass, and chew bubblegum. And I'm all out of bubblegum.
ChrisCooper
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

PreviousNext

Return to EUO General