Bugs Thread - kinda updated feb 2010

"EUO - Further evidence that Diabloesque games kill real role-playing games."

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Re: Bugs Thread - kinda updated feb 2010

Postby CIAassassin » Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:02 am

done on alpha, not sure if it works on reg

brought Rikimaru over with 100 rogue 80 monk, med at black shrine, race change to golem (still had 26 mana) used aspect of yeti, then trimmed sanctity to 0. Still had aspect.

two bugs in there I guess: still able to use spell once as golem (and if I didnt die Id have aspect forever) and use ability above class cap.

graveyard healing works on golems.
Rikimaru

"Oh, you're a lesbian? That's cool, I'm a lesbian trapped in a mans body, we should date."
CIAassassin
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

Postby Flamesoffire » Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:44 pm

Dont know if this is just my character alone, Or a bug in general, FlamesOfFire on PD, Has Lycanthropy immunity, But still contracted the disease. Only play on PD once a while, So no hurry, But just giving a FYI incase it effects other players.
Defeating a sandwich, Only makes it tastier... - Vegeta.
Flamesoffire
Posting from my ass computer.

Postby Keighn » Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:10 am

Pretty weird that one. I know I've given away my pot before but this is weird. You could try to procure another silver pot and use it. Probably wouldn't work though.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Postby Flamesoffire » Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:52 am

Keighn wrote:Pretty weird that one. I know I've given away my pot before but this is weird. You could try to procure another silver pot and use it. Probably wouldn't work though.

Yeah i tried getting the stuff for it, But nothing worked. And didnt feel like making a char JUST for the purpose of making a new potion. If i get bored enough later today ill do it. Will edit in if drinking a second silver potion worked or not.

Edit: Second silver potion worked, Have a random char with lycan now. Good thing i dont use him.
Flamesoffire

Postby Luxorious » Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:58 am

(PD server / weekly PD server)

Didn't read the entire thread, so it might be mentioned already:

I had some trouble with Sanct scrolls. When you read the scroll, sometimes the scroll is removed from your inv, without any chat message what-so-ever, and you don't even receive the buff. This happened to me few times, not sure how to re-produce it. Probably related to scroll of protection; Are they supposed to stack? Because sometimes I can read both and get "protected" + "sanct". Not that big of a deal anyway, but I like to use every possible buff. NO IDEA - egg

This one bothers me: When a monster uses IVPY OR you proc IVPY from a weapon (haven't tested IVPY spell on a mage), the music stops and the music won't be back UNLESS I go to options and check if it's enabled (it is). Maybe this is related to my shitty laptop with integrated audio and it can't handle too many cool sound effects at once :roll: Kinda like making your own NES music remixes in your favourite games, by shooting and stuff so the CPU can't handle the background music and it lacks some channels. Occasionally this even crashes my client when using Mirror Images! So I'm definitely thinking I'm barking up the wrong tree, since this problem sounds related to my audio drivers - which are possibly messed up. EDIT: might be drivers, but I've stopped the quake wav from playing as a loop - egg.

EDIT:

1) I killed a 2x2 (double size) shadow warrior. I was able to keep him under hex (from weapons) all the time - regular shadow warriors are resistant to this? I think "double mobs" should have the same immunities / insane amount of mr, or even more than regular mobs.

2) (probably NAB = Not A Bug / feature) I killed a phase beast in Dead Forest and went to the phase. Inside the phase was another phase beast, which opened a portal to another phase (insert silly xzibit meme here). When I finished the second phase, I wasn't teleported to the first phase - instead I went to the shrine of compassion. I did clear the second phase, so the original phase could have been reset, thus the portal to second phase is gone. Either I was too slow, or "phases inside phases" don't return you to the original phase (which by logic, I think they should).

3) Instances - The instance code might be a bit "funky" (on purpose or not). Example: If you go to Minotaur Halls, then enter the heroic Minotaur Halls, leave -> enter Minotaur Halls -> enter blood Minotaur Halls -> Your "blood" Minotaur Halls is actually Heroic Minotaur Halls .... LIMITATION - egg

Thanks!

Luxorious

:uhh:
No, I don't wear a watch. As my Dad used to say, "I'm not into time, man."
Luxorious
on lolpatrol

Postby Luxorious » Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:04 pm

There is a HUGE :cheese: with monk aspects...

You can have ANY monk aspect on with 0% monk.
The game doesn't check wether you have the required sanctity or not, it only checks if your gear is UA/if you have a shield for aspect of the turtle or if you have a shield for the rest.
"Easy" fix would be to check the sanctity lvl vs current aspect on when logging on.

Deconstructing one charged soul shard (other than brilliant) upgrades it. Is this a cheese? I think deconstructing charged soul shards should return empty soul shards + IMJ scroll or something. That's the way to upgrade dull soul shards into brilliant soul shards (although some of them are lost), would make more sense if you had to polypile 3x lesser charged soul shards to upgrade them and deconstructing should return 1-3x lesser charged soul shards.

You can milk COWWY for a while and then polypile the milk to food goodies, good for LotL but not that useful. :LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON:
(point is, you can get 1 bucket -> shift F9 -> go to sauna -> polypile milk -> lots of good foods)
Not a bug, but pretty useful :cheese: for LotL ;)

Thanks,
Luxorious
Luxorious
on lolpatrol

Postby Kracky » Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:39 am

Been killing hybrid dragons, and in a few cases the named/boss hybrid did NOT drop a item or chest.

When I thunderclap a 2x2 monster, it gets confuse and hold at the same time, not sure which effects the mob.
Kracky
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Postby EmoMage » Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:14 am

i was making poles earlier, and i noticed that i have 292 logs in my inventory, when using the pocket knife, it doubled to 584.
eggmceye wrote:
ParadoxOfChoice wrote:Zombie using bow/sling probably shouldn't give disease.

the zombies are pulling the arrows out of their ass
EmoMage
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Postby EmoMage » Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:07 am

i asked 1 if it happened to him, and he said no. so i made a video of what i was seeing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=meEGecWd ... e=youtu.be
eggmceye wrote:
ParadoxOfChoice wrote:Zombie using bow/sling probably shouldn't give disease.

the zombies are pulling the arrows out of their ass
EmoMage
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Postby Thane » Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:11 pm

Picking up items in stacks is sometimes buggy, like a stack of 5+ items and you try to grab and it'll have 2 items in the list only. Happens a lot from chests too.

Ok additionally this is bugging me. When you aggro too many casty mobs like dragons and demons and stuff, the game becomes almost completely unresponsive, this got me killed very slowly the other day. Today i enter a level 15 cave and am surrounded by so many demons/dragons that within seconds i notice that everything is lagging seriously behind and i start spamming my teleport out button, i had 126 HP before it finally went off, that is almost an inescapable death ><
May your beard be ever soaked in ale rather than vomit
Thane
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Postby Keighn » Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:31 pm

Always enter such caves invisible. Randomness and all.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Postby archlinux » Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:35 am

Disenchanting items in your house while LOTL on PD removes ownership of that item.
archlinux
Kodiak has probably banned me by now.

Postby Luxorious » Sun May 18, 2014 8:52 pm

> Imp hybrid is still fackd (not wrong pix, though) - the upper part's x position is off by few pixels to the right (easy fix)

> Again, aspects on 0% monk - not a bug technically - can you make it check every once in a gameloop to see if you have the criteria for it? Or every once per login? (mentioned earlier, just reminding)

> Not a bug, but the screen doesn't show equal amount of pixels/tiles - the camera/pov isn't centered correctly on the avatar, because the visible game area is 792 x 806 pixels. Making it 800 x 800 would allow 25 x 25 (not 25 pixels, 25 * 32 sized) tiles, thus showing equal amounts of graphic in all edges - kinda like every tilebased game on older systems. HOWEVER you would have to edit interface by few pixels and it could be a problem on different resolutions, but I just though I should say this again. PS. I'm up for the interface editing job (GFX) if this interests you.
Also, if I calculated correctly, 800 x 800 eliminates half tiles - IE. it shows only full tiles and that "seeing hp bar before the enemy" is gone.

You get pretty obsessed with symmetry + pixels + tiles when most of the games you play/make are so :knife:
Egg, I'll send you this if you make the interface changes:
NOT!!! I'm never going to part with my retro consoles :mad: they are going to the grave with me, along with my ashes.
Luxorious
on lolpatrol

Postby Flamesoffire » Mon May 19, 2014 11:28 am

Neither are exactly bugs, Just pointing them out. But, Black dye on a weapon, Gets rid of the glow completely. Figured that would happen but gave it a shot anyway. This one should stay in as more of a "Hey, If you want a named weapon but dont want the glow, He's a way to get rid of it" type thing imo as a feature, But if its taken as a bug then whatevs. Second, Again, Not exactly a bug, Armoury doesnt show the new color, It stays the old one. Don't know if egg is on that or what, Again, Just pointing it out.
Flamesoffire

Postby Luxorious » Thu May 22, 2014 9:10 am

Keighn wrote:sling and bullets seem bugged. I try to use and it crashes moa each time. I patched and still the same. I'll check other bows.
I'm not sure, but I think that might be SFX related. EUO crashes if you have sound / and or music on and there are too many SFX at once (try battle roaring the imps at anathema and see if it happens)

Bug / feature - also probably mentioned already:

You might get maps that lead nowhere, my maps and sextants aren't cursed. When you go to the right coordinates, you might get "you feel the treasure is close!" but if you try later at the exact spot, it will say "you find nothing". It doesn't happen too often, though - maybe every 50-100 maps? The chances are, that this is an perception issue - meaning that I misread the coordinates (I write them in notepad) or didn't dig enough. I've heard about "dud maps" from somebody else too, though.

I remember there used to be a bug: You could get "treasure is close" if you dig enough, even if you weren't near the right coordinates, but that's been fixed, I think.
Luxorious
on lolpatrol

Postby Holdway » Fri May 23, 2014 7:22 am

I know there is a bug where if you drop something on the square where the treasure is buried then when you dig near the treasure you get "you find nothing"

It's happened to me twice where I killed a monster while digging and suddenly tiles which I had previously got a "treasure is near" change to "you find nothing" until I picked the item up which the monster had dropped.
Holdway
Kodiak has probably banned me by now.

Postby Luxorious » Fri May 23, 2014 9:21 am

Holdway wrote:I know there is a bug where if you drop something on the square where the treasure is buried then when you dig near the treasure you get "you find nothing"

It's happened to me twice where I killed a monster while digging and suddenly tiles which I had previously got a "treasure is near" change to "you find nothing" until I picked the item up which the monster had dropped.

Ah, that must be what's going on. Thanks!

I just had a dud map, no "treasure is close this time". I did read 10 maps in a row, though and afked a bit, so maybe the treasure expired? There's been cases, that there haven't been any treasure, even though I've read only one map.

*** sextant coords do not update correctly with the fastest mounts, can it be fixed?
*** demi liches can turn phase beasts invisible - all invisible spells are self only
*** not a bug, but: if you are a monk, and make mythic (any of them or astral etc) gloves and use gloves as weapon, the game has no way of knowing that - meaning you don't get 12% damage on the gloves. So it's not a bug, but perhaps there should be a work around, to allow the player to choose wether to put the 12% damage or other stats on the gloves in question. Of course the 12% damage shouldn't work on gloves for other than bare handed attacks + no weapons in hands.
*** I was paralyzed from a chest trap, and my dude shield bashed the gremlins automatically (I opened with shift +s), even though I was paralyzed and wasn't using shield bash bind (shift+dir) - two flies in one or something...
*** also there is a rare bug with charge, sometimes you can hold the bind and you do like 1000 charge attempts in few secs and the sound fires too.
*** fastest mounts can cause desync when moving/landing. I was flying with a drake and landed on mino hall, dismounted and hit space - didn't get inside mino hall, my avatar was on the mino halls tile, but in reality the server though it was one tile northwest of minotaur halls.
Luxorious
on lolpatrol

Postby Luxorious » Mon May 26, 2014 10:45 am

***My gnarled staff (unid) just disappeared from my hands (readied) in weekly pd and it's not in my inv or ground, I checked.
It has something to do with one of the following: levitating and/or stoneform. -oh and half troll, staff was in main hand, off hand empty.

***TLDR; Atleast one of my loots from earlier session is gone (PD / lotl)

I happened to find +7 def item, though I could make a mith item, but I was tired and saving it for later. Now, when I came online and do it, it's not in my inv. I never dropped it or anything, but I'm pretty sure I picked it up. My quess is server desync, although I have no proof and that must sound pretty stupid! I just though I'd talk about it, since these things do happen and you don't notice it too easily. No problem, though, those +7 def items are pretty easy to find.

I'm probably just losing my mind...
Luxorious
on lolpatrol

Postby Luxorious » Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:44 am

Probably mentioned, but it wasn't on the first page ;)

-vigour stat in main stat screen doesn't count +vig from mythic/mystic/astral, but I think the vigour itself does work (the equiping stats display show the vig correctly)
-sometimes in phases the "last chest" might be below the exit portal, so you're not aware of it unless you do search+dir, open+dir, unlock+dir etc. to the portal
-more info on "dud maps": I think it has something to do with chests being placed too close to mountains/water - of course there is still the possibility, that it's a perception issue (maybe I missread the coords) :oops:
Luxorious
on lolpatrol

Postby Luxorious » Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:22 pm

Arrggh, I'm too good at finding bugs...

I dropped a BUNCH of different potions for deconstruction - and soon after some pots the game said "This is not yours to deconstruct!" First, I though the ownership was changed, but I managed to pick them up, so there's something queer going on. :ymca:
Interestingly, this has never happened to me before, but there has been some server side issues recently.

(yeah like this bug is possible to reproduce / is minor bug ^ 10 but I still report every bug suspect)
-- edit -- might be a feature actually, if deconstruction and picking up have separate ownership timers, but I didn't spend many minutes deconstructing.
Luxorious
on lolpatrol

PreviousNext

Return to EUO General