Bugs Thread - kinda updated feb 2010

"EUO - Further evidence that Diabloesque games kill real role-playing games."

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Bugs Thread - kinda updated feb 2010

Postby eggmceye » Sun Sep 14, 2008 4:36 pm

If you have a specific problem pertaining to your character please post your character name and the server on which it appears!

Posting bugs:
Please post anything that could be a bug. Post it in a once clear sentence. No screenshots with 'self explanitory' unless you really must - often for me it is not self explanitory.

Posts that are in this thread and have been for a while, and are not in this list are either new bugs, not bugs but some other issue, like quests items, or bugs that need clarification, or I cbf with them.

list of workarounds
* if you ever have a strange keyboard problem first try turning off Num Lock
* if you're sick of hearing fountains or hearing fountains in your basement delete fountain.wav from your sounds directory Turn off BG sounds via F12 !

Best List of NOT BUGS
fishing spots dying out - it's a feature
there are a lot of boss monsters that don't drop - quit complaining about them!
rage attack on good npc - I will fix this one day but it's not technically a bug, more like a shitty feature
VOG won't bounce to invis mobs just because you have truesight - the lightning doesn't have truesight (actually I think it should hit them, so I may change this one day)
The fact the manual says 'humans get 10% more xp' where infact other races get 10% less
an un-id'd tinted item may visually show the tint but won't show it in the description - I don't plan on changing this
trim blessed maces by using /trimskill blessed_maces
can cast thru walls when using white potion/xray vis

Med Priority - I'll fix these when I feel like fixing bugs
BUGS in yellow are ones I care about the most

lag
you can be bounced out of a tp during lag sometimes

mouse
holding mouse down to blink and not moving it makes you blink back and forth - only in lag with fast cast time

misc
missing fountains on PD (and nordhaven on reg?)
orcs pets might be slow (something to do with the no penalty for armour)
fleeing un id'd boss will show the name (eg bad breath)
you need to /unignore the original ignore name for it to work
quest ed: if you erase text in the speech fields it doesn't save the blank text, keeps old text

ai / monsters / pets
monsters attack still when logging in
monsters traversing - can get stuck under you especially if there is no where else to go - don't allow mobs to attack you if you are sharing a square
serious bug with large pets leaving ghosts in smap as ptrs !! can cause crash - currently not a prob as large pets are not available
IVPY doesn't usually hit crocs or gators. This may be because they are classified as flying monsters.

FOV - field of vision - ie what you can see on your window as instructed by the server
sometimes a monster can have your name, or your pets name or another monsters name : this is uncommon bug with id-reuse which I still haven't been able to track down, as it is hard to reproduce

sometimes fov can get out of sync - ie a mob can be melee attacking you from apparently 2 squares away (your client is out of sync) - When a monster and I charge each other, there are times when I will get the tile between us before the monster, but i will be moved back from that spot the same as when you share a spot with a party member. Once i am ejected from the spot the monster can still attack me even though it hasn't moved from it's original space.

party member die - sometimes doesn't show ghost
when you first login, items and creatures and players may be missing - drop an item or cast a spell to fix

client
800: name+title may be too long (due to being next to avatar)
keyboard probs: probs with non qwerty, different langs, etc - MAKE SURE NUM LOCK IS OFF
keys don't work when game loads, work after alt tab sometimes - happens when window is not in focus when allegro inits, load with fullscreen fixes it

very low pri bugs / won't fix
Using 16bit colors for display settings instead of higher settings seems to result into glitches with dyeing and statues.
'rank dungeons' (c++ ones) have been known to have inaccessible areas
OG, AoE or spray spells hitting large mobs twice - that is their bad luck for being so big
very slight memory leak with maped ... doesn't appear to be a major leak on server
when crosshair is on and the monsters steps away or moves out of range into a shadow, the crosshair is still there but the monster is not there
You're able to AEP and XJ yourself and people in your party
unknown has left the game - old and rare and not worth fixing
vog does not bounce over continent seam
if you make a char but name taken, then log in with a char that exists you still see the new character help screen
When using an enchanted polearm, when you use the bloodbolt special, if the spell goes off on that specific hit, the red lightning doesnt fire.

eggmceye
hello

Re: New Bugs Thread Sept '08

Postby Olarin » Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:45 am

I think I found an inventory bug:

I was at a player merchant, with my inventory mostly full. I bought two identical sets of field plate (copper int+12, as it happens); the second one being enough to make me over-encumbered. I blinked over near my own player merchant for convenience, and dropped one of the two field plates (which were stacked in my inventory of course, being identical), and then picked it back up. Upon picking it back up I noticed I wasn't overencumbered this time, which led me to notice that I only had one piece of copper field plate of intelligence + 12, one of them apparently having mysteriously dissapeared when I had one and tried to pick up a second that would have put me over the encumbrance limit.
Olarin
I'll be going back to Tibia next week.

Re: New Bugs Thread Sept '08

Postby CIAassassin » Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:00 am

was in Lost Jungle with Assailant we both got onto the bridge raft, about 4 clicks apart, and as we were going killing the goblins i caught up to him and started to drown him. He then picked up my raft and then kept going, I assume he picked mine up, and I started to drown. I waited for a few seconds and then KOP outta there. Easy fix, get on raft further apart. Just thought you would like to know.
Last edited by CIAassassin on Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rikimaru

"Oh, you're a lesbian? That's cool, I'm a lesbian trapped in a mans body, we should date."
CIAassassin
Posting from my ass computer.

Re: Bugs Thread - updated July 09

Postby Keighn » Sat Jul 18, 2009 4:07 pm

Go figure I end up wanting to see if a bug is there and then it happens. No I may have ruined Vanguards er Eshs' boat and perhaps everyone on it.

Somethin i noticed is that the boat could be dropped and each of my alts could pick it up and use it then give the command to someone else the drop the bottle and log on another alt then make a boat to give to someone else. In theory you could make an armada of ships. But i think this could only happen once as if i tried to use the ship in a bottle again on the same alt I'd get the same error Vanguard is getting about already boat being made.
Photobucket Suckz Monkey Nutz
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Postby Stinger » Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:11 am

Special monsters with item avatars don't show up properly on the monster lists in the armoury.
Stinger
I'd laugh if I saw a centaur IRL

Postby firepox » Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:51 am

when you cast qaw on a monster then charm it axe it can not be killed but it still attacks players :LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON: its good for a laugh
if you remove yourself when one other person is in a party with you /remove firepox they get a message that they removed themselves also.
when you remove yourself with more then 1 other person in your party (all though i'm not sure since i wasn't in the party at the time) then they see that your still in the party (the health bar).
firepox
LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON

Postby wishIwasDM » Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:48 am

-levelcheck() - get the message once, actual stored level not incemented, kill a monster get second message/stored level
-when remorting you do not get the leftover exp as once did ie 150 to level, quest gives 200k exp you get 1 level rest 19850 exp wasted
**-Enchanting a weapon from fountain that is too powerful for your level does not unequip weapon(only on secondary hand being enchanted)

Had a mental list but thats all I got for now :lesson:
The snake only strikes when the stars are aligned.
wishIwasDM
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Re: Bugs Thread - kinda updated feb 2010

Postby Broden » Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:46 pm

2 minor problems

1st: Found a phase cat in dead forest. It was in the small 4x4 room before the castle that usually has a demon in it. When I killed the cat, there was no room for the portal.

2nd: Found another cat and entered the red portal. found a chest floating in the void that I couldn't get too.
"Dean! Have you been shooting dope into your scrotum?! You can tell me... I'm hip!" - Rusty Venture
Broden
Good morning, Captain.

Postby swifty » Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:12 pm

Not sure if its bug or not, "Gouge" skill icon shows on status bar but does not blind a target with 600+ mr - he has really low def and is 30 levels lower. a mage at that. "Aimed" Only does its job for like a second and the status icon for it blinks.
swifty
I'll be going back to Tibia next week.

Postby IT IS S » Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:16 am

I got PVP killed (like damage 500% of my HP XD ) while fishing, and when I ressurected I was still in the "fishing" condition. Even caught a fish on dry land.
My vamp gauntlets actually drain HP when doing unarmed combat. Is that how it's supposed to work? YES
When (b)uying at my bank, but rapidly pressing "/", will cancel loading the bank. (Even says "cancelled".) Supposed to work like that?
There is no cheesing that is not skill
IT IS S

Postby IT IS S » Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:43 pm

When crafting an armour with "ingots of intelligence + X", the length of the ingot name will push the ingot cost out of visibility.
A treasure appeared on that little island in the swamp. Treasures are only supposed to spawn on main land right?
There is no cheesing that is not skill
IT IS S

Postby Khelben » Tue May 11, 2010 6:35 am

I got a "level up" on PD today but my health and mana wasn't replenished and I could not use the command to increase stats, I killed a few more mobs (~3 trolls and a rogue) and got a "level up" again and it worked fine. Only one level was gained though, as per normal.

Similar thing happened just now: health and mana replenished, blue text in status window but no blue text in chat window nor am I able to shift-2 for stats. Had to kill a dragon to get a "proper" level up.
Khelben
on lolpatrol

Postby Keighn » Sat May 22, 2010 2:17 pm

/listskills shows: unarmored, light, medium, heavy, and necromancy in the listing.

2x2 mobs can walk on water.
Spray and Pray hits a 2x2 mob multiple times like multiple mobs. Similar to old ivpy and vog/bloodbolt bug some months ago that was fixed. (on single sized mobs spray and pray hits once like it should).
Photobucket Suckz Monkey Nutz
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Postby CIAassassin » Mon May 24, 2010 8:19 am

Did a PA on Reg and the final chest by the exit was spawned off the tiles. About three squares south. Also, the boss went onto the portal and the chest went behind it. Could still search and unlock it, but it caught me off guard.
Rikimaru

"Oh, you're a lesbian? That's cool, I'm a lesbian trapped in a mans body, we should date."
CIAassassin

Postby Keighn » Tue May 25, 2010 4:37 am

Definite map bugs:

Dead Forest:
Following staircases should have invisible teleporters as otherwise there isn't much point in putting a staircase tile beneath:
74' 39"
12' 80"
80' 29"
68' 69"
65' 92"
69' 1"
75' 98"

Stacked fountains that make it look like a fountain+1
15' 87"
14' 88"
15' 89"
10' 89"
11' 88"

Stygian Abyss lvl3 - Drachentrog
Invisible trapdoor or teleporter at 6' 38" in Stygian Abyss lvl 3 that drops you off at 16' 75" in Drachentrog comes up with the same message tutorial messages like on newb isle. (ie. the artful dodger with the chat bubble on screen). The message is intact "You are sucked through a shadowy void."

The only other things I can notice are locked doors that can't be opened by any means, but I think they might be intended that way, albeit some just seem confsusing like locked sercret doors that can't be picked or opened either. That is the most confusion set of maps I've been on.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Postby CIAassassin » Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:59 am

Magrock wrote:
CIAassassin wrote:Tried to bring Sassy home, I fed her four treats and she moved on the first treat and the last three she has just sat there...
You can get more treats from the NPC quest giver.

did that and it worked, when I did it on riki she went home with two or three treats... not six. Might have been due to the fact I was doing that quest when someone was looking for the bones.
Rikimaru

CIAassassin

Postby Shadw » Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:00 pm

Well Today i logged on after about a few weeks of not playing i kinda went to my bank to get some supplies out to hunt but i found a bug with depositing and opening my bank.

it pretty much i use b or shift+b then i get a message saying inventory sync then about 30-45 seconds later it just disconnects my char from the game and well i need to relog back in but atm my bank is out of use due to it happening.

Edit incase this bit helps.

Well i just thought not sure if this could affect my current banking problems but my merchant was a trash holder it had tonnes of equips and items non deconstructed and all that i didnt get around to pawning to npcs, not sure but this merchant when running out of tokens could've did the problem.

NightHound, Curing Life one Death at a time.
http://armoury.swut.net/plyr.php?NightHound

ArcaneHound, Casting for the future.
http://armoury.swut.net/plyr.php?ArcaneHound
Shadw
Kodiak has probably banned me by now.

Postby Broden » Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:29 am

Was working on Blessed maces when I notice this bug.

Using a shield on a dual class (100% mage/100% priest) results in a .000015 skill bump in shields the very first time it blocks an attack. This results in the red message appearing "cannot bump skill". This bug only appears to effect shiels as I tried using warrior weapons and did not have a problem.

I noticed this bug last night before todays patch. It is still there today though.
"Dean! Have you been shooting dope into your scrotum?! You can tell me... I'm hip!" - Rusty Venture
Broden
Good morning, Captain.

Postby Dudenacious » Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:21 am

The block skill continues to improve even when it puts a character over their class cap.
Dudenacious
How do I attack?

Postby DrRude » Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:48 am

If this has already been mentioned, I didn't see it; sorry for repeating.

Since the last major update, I've been experiencing something that is similar to lag but it's a little different. Any keyboard input that I might hold down to repeat (e.g. - arrow keys to move or attack) tend to have a stuttered sort of lag of up to about 1 second. I really notice it when trying to do things like attack the huge crab and my attacks and movements are 1-2 seconds off from where they should be and where I see the crab is 1-2 seconds off from its actual position. I've also seen it cause other monsters almost seem to blink squares as they move in to attack. The weird delay is enough to get me killed in situations where ordinarily I would've been able to outmaneuver the beast(s). I've been checking things on this machine to make sure it's not a software conflict on my end but so far, even after a fresh reboot, it's been happening. Any ideas?
DrRude
on lolpatrol

Next

Return to EUO General