Found: A great big heap of gold

"EUO - Further evidence that Diabloesque games kill real role-playing games."

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Tacitus
BBQ ABC <3

Found: A great big heap of gold

Post by Tacitus »

10:30am EST

Found a giant pile of cash in a room with a couple of imps.

When you died there, there may have been an angry Lich, too.

There was no corpse.

Holler if it's yours.

Judging by the amount, (as much as I've ever owned) you're probably level 40 or higher.

Tacitus
Eclips
egg has really fucked this game up :(

Post by Eclips »

Keep it, Finders keepers losers weepers. Its nice of you to offer to return it, but the gold drop feature was added for this very purpose. If they wanted the gold they should a went back and picked it up.
kusofthevalley
I used to bake rockcakes in my bakery.

Post by kusofthevalley »

Some one was on before you today Tacitus saying they'd lost a big stack of gold, but they thought some other player had half-inched it. Can't for the life of me remember who it was though.
Ugrog, EleganceBlade, Zelephereth, Polyphemus, Richard, LordHighgate, Quentin, Valley, ad infinitum
Tacitus
BBQ ABC <3

Post by Tacitus »

I s'pose you're right, Eclips.

I've just heard a few stories of people dropping gold without realizing it, and bemoaning it later.

Kus, I reckon that was Xoph who'd lost money, though it's not the kind of place he'd frequent. Maybe the fella who found his money died to the lich afterwards.

Oh well. It goes on the pile then.
Eclips
egg has really fucked this game up :(

Post by Eclips »

I wouldn't worry about it. If the amount of gold led you to believe the player was lvl 40, it probably wasn't that much gold after all. I will however give you a reward for trying to be nice and return it to its owner. If i don't remember, catch me next time I'm on.