"EUO - Further evidence that Diabloesque games kill real role-playing games."

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Tacitus
BBQ ABC <3

Cannot Train

Post by Tacitus »

The trainers tell me:
"I cannot train you if you are over the class points cap!"

All of them. Except for the item lore fella, who says I'm too dumb to learn anything.

I have no woodcrafting skill, and still that trainer tells me "I cannot train you if you are over the class points cap!"
The others, too.

str: 147+41
dex: 100
int: 31

Fighter: 88%
Rogue: 36%

I'm not sure what other info is relevant.

I also suspect my item lore skill has hit a wall. I keep the items I have no chance of identifying, and retry them once in a while. I'm used to the skill climbing quite quickly, but after recently identifying 3 or 4 items (you can't quite make out what this is), the skill barely increased, and has increased no further after identifying several random finds.

Am I missing something?

That said, I can still increase other skills by usage: tailoring, inscription, etc.

Thanks for any advice.
Stinger
I'd laugh if I saw a centaur IRL

Post by Stinger »

Tacitus wrote:I also suspect my item lore skill has hit a wall. I keep the items I have no chance of identifying, and retry them once in a while. I'm used to the skill climbing quite quickly, but after recently identifying 3 or 4 items (you can't quite make out what this is), the skill barely increased, and has increased no further after identifying several random finds.
Your item lore might be capped by your intelligence.
Chedich
on lolpatrol

Post by Chedich »

Stinger wrote:
Tacitus wrote:I also suspect my item lore skill has hit a wall. I keep the items I have no chance of identifying, and retry them once in a while. I'm used to the skill climbing quite quickly, but after recently identifying 3 or 4 items (you can't quite make out what this is), the skill barely increased, and has increased no further after identifying several random finds.
Your item lore might be capped by your intelligence.
It is not, I have around 90 item lore but only 54 int.
Bk
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by Bk »

Tacitus wrote:Fighter: 88%
Rogue: 36%
Not related, but atleast get 90% Fighter and 35% Rogue. You can use your special with 90% in a weapon, and with 125% cap, You have 124-125% right now, It's for the best if you atleast trim the rogue skills that have surpassed 35 skill, down to 35, and raise w/e fighter skill is at 88% to 90..
Tacitus
BBQ ABC <3

Post by Tacitus »

I did consider that item lore may have a stat cap. My int was 25, and my item lore was stuck at 47.9. I figured it wasn't based on int directly, but rather some weird int/dex combo. Still, raising my int doesn't seem to have affected things.

Thanks for the advice, Bk. I read the manual up front, and figured let my class skills grow as far as they can, and when I run out of points, then I can think about trimming. I didn't know that 90% was a special point. I'll definitely trim back rogue and push fighter to that.
Tacitus
BBQ ABC <3

Post by Tacitus »

I used /trimskill to cut my locks back to 35% from 36.8% (it had been my max rogue skill).

Immediately afterwards, all the trainers worked again.

So when I had:
longsword 88.1% (presumably rounded down)
locks 36.8% (ditto)

No training.

But when I trimmed one back, no problems.

Weird, but certainly smells like a bug.

----

Edit: The first item I identified after trimming raised my item lore, too, so that seems to be fixed as well.

My suspicion is that somehow my class skills summed to greater than 125% (like 125.02%) and somehow that screwed up a bunch of the mechanics. Just a stab in the dark, though.
Tacitus
BBQ ABC <3

Post by Tacitus »

More info:

I trimmed my locks skill to 35% and limited it. My longswords skill was then free to climb to 90%. At which point, itemlore refused to advance again and the trainers denied me again.

I then trimmed longswords back to 90%. Yes, this is the value it already had, nominally, but I suspect it creeps slightly above 90%. Trimming longswords to 90% solved the problem.

So, I think you must explicitly /limitskill skills from opposing classes if you expect them to meet anywhere besides 100% / 25%.

Anyone out there have a skill mix which isn't 100%-25%? If so, have you /limited those skills explicitly? Any problems with item lore, training, etc?
Gulnar
on lolpatrol

Post by Gulnar »

I've got a mage with 100% mage, 25% fighter, 0.1% rogue. Rogue skills went up a little bit a few (6ish) months ago when I was trying to open a chest. Pretty sure fighter skills are all /limitskilled to 25.00, and mage skills should all be 100.00. I had itemlore at 100 before the rogue skill went up, but I've had no trouble raising the few other skills I've worked on recently (inscription, alchemy, enchanting and woodcraft).
kaiser's Tranos: The rulers of the aceint times lands, the most powerfull and feared carnovours, or whore they.
Bk
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by Bk »

Helping you one way, indirectly helped you with your main problem. :cool:

Glad to be a help.
Tacitus
BBQ ABC <3

Post by Tacitus »

Gulnar, assuming you have skills left to train, next time you're at the University, ask a few trainers for training. (You don't actually have to buy any.) If they reject you with the class cap message, then we have the same error.

My other skills (those that I use) seem to advance normally (through usuage) when I'm affected, but itemlore stops dead.