Rufio
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

Tournament

Post by Rufio »

When is the next tournament?
Rufio - Level 314 - Bloodkin - Mage
http://euotopia.com/plyr.php?p=Rufio&serv=reg
Bk
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by Bk »

Prolly near the end of July? I think.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

let's organise one!
Yolkindragon
LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON

!!

Post by Yolkindragon »

YAY! about time
Back in wack.
goemon
on lolpatrol

Post by goemon »

OOH OHH!! IM LIKE 20 STEPS AHEAD! a long time back i set rules and stuff for a tourny, yet never posted them. HERE ISH WAT I HAS THUS FAR!

classes
1-5 +0
6-18 +1
19-32 +2
33-46 +3
47-60 +4
61-74 +5
75-88 +6
89-99 +7
100-113 +8
114-126 +9
127-130 +10
131- 150 +11
151-180 +12
181-220 +13
221-240 +14
241-270 +15
271-290 +16
291-310 +17
311-330 +18
331-350 +19
351+ +20
there are kind of alot, but they are the AS requirements, er up untill +7. i do think it should be maybe halfed... but whatever you guys think is good.

and to stop SUPER CHEAP mage tactics and other cheap things...
only 10 pots TOTAL
only 10 fish
no hp scrolls
no hiding or invisibility

other random stuff

the people watching over the fights NEED TO WATCH BOTH FIGHTER'S HEALTH. if they are restored more than 20 times (not counting mani spells) they loose.

best two out of three

whatever else is good.
Heniek
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Heniek »

Good idea with new edition with tourney, I'm for it. As for rules, I think that rules on last tourney were good, and I don't see reason not to use them again. Because last tourney topic is probably gone, so I'll type them here(from memory, some mistakes are possible):

Classes:

0-40 Newbie
41-70 Light
71-100 Medium
101-150 Heavy
151-200 Elite
200+ Uber

Rules:

Three fights per match. Three greater yellows and blue potions allowed per fight. Forbidden items:

-glass weapons
-khaki potions
-pets/summons

Also I'd like to see new rule enforced in new edition of PK tourney. The rule is: "if you're experienced player, ie. you have any character that would fit into light or higher category, you're not allowed to enter tourney with an alternative char in newbie division". Newbie class should be for real newbs, not new alts of experienced players.

Any ideas/comments?
It's always funny until someone gets hurt. Then it's just hilarious.

Heniek, Macros, Reptile [reg]
Undertow, Macros, Khelavaster, Reptile, Burn [PD]
Bk

Post by Bk »

I don't think scrolls should be allowed.

Scrolls of Protection = Fucks up ppl who use Veno weps and stuff.
Scrolls of Health = Artifical health is kinda cheap in a battle, lets make it real and keep health scrolls for hunting, besides, fights won't last as long.
Truesight = This is okay a bit, even if a rogue did hide, unless the other person was a complete idiot and stood there, stealthing wouldn't be of much use, but for mages who are scared and SL to hide, then I'd see that not to fair.

So I think it's only fair, faster, and more realistic (I guess?) to not use Scrolls of protection or health. But Potions are fair, they kinda equal out VM and M of mages.
Raiden
I'd laugh if I saw a centaur IRL

Post by Raiden »

I guess I'm all for a PvP Tournament again. BUT the fact of the matter is the above 200 level division needs reworking.
Seeing as a level 200 could get set against akioka a level 381. Not much of a chance there. So if there's gonna be a tourney my two suggestions are: give everyone a little time to get in some last minute grinding and split up the upper level divisons.
The old topic I wrote for the last tourney should still be around here somewhere.
Cirrus
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by Cirrus »

Heniek wrote:(from memory, some mistakes are possible):

Classes:

0-40 Newbie
41-70 Light
71-100 Medium
101-150 Heavy
151-200 Elite
200+ Uber

Rules:

Three fights per match. Three greater yellows and blue potions allowed per fight. Forbidden items:

-glass weapons
-khaki potions
-pets/summons

Any ideas/comments?
I thought it was:

21-40 newb

41-60 newbie

61-80 light

81-100 medium

101-150 heavy

151-200 elite

200+ uber

I also thought it was 3 regular or 1 mega pot per battle. I'm not sure how purple pot worked, it was either 1 purple per battle or 1 purple for every person you fight(this is also from memory, I might have made mistakes).

Also, IMO characters who already have a champ's belt should not be allowed in the tourney(sorry, Heniek and Raiden). Either that or if they win again they should give their new belt to second place. Why? If you already have a belt, why would you need another?
"If my head were any harder, you could use it as a cannonball!" - Pazu from Castle in the Sky

"Even a fool is thought wise if he keeps silent, and discerning if he holds his tongue." - Proverbs 17:28

"The first annual Procrastinators' Club member meeting has been postponed until further notice." - Rusty's old sig.
Rufio
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

Post by Rufio »

Ok, LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON i really was just asking when but ok! :)

Rufio
Rufio - Level 314 - Bloodkin - Mage
http://euotopia.com/plyr.php?p=Rufio&serv=reg
Zilverlight

Post by Zilverlight »

Well, seems you've stirred up another topic for tournies.

I agree with the last years champions not being able to get new belts, but I do think they should be able to fight.

I think Rurik just might make an appearance this year.
Desmond (AKA: Rurik)
Onyxt

Post by Onyxt »

Cirrus wrote: Also, IMO characters who already have a champ's belt should not be allowed in the tourney(sorry, Heniek and Raiden). Either that or if they win again they should give their new belt to second place. Why? If you already have a belt, why would you need another?
Well Cirrus, that wasnt a rule before, so it should not be one now. Thats just your discriminating due to you wanting a belt. Cause your also saying I should not be able to compete either, and thats just not happening.
Bk

Post by Bk »

Why wouldn't you give them the chance to defend their title? I mean, if they can woop your ass so badly that they win again and again, its not their fault. I'd have to say that if they win it again, then they deserve to keep it, but the 200+ Lvl division does need some fix'n up.
Stinger

Post by Stinger »

Hmm, would IZH fall under "SUPER CHEAP mage tactics?"
Raiden

Post by Raiden »

Not to start this into a flame war. But a tournament is open to any and all who enter. There are no restrictions except entering multiple chars from the same account. If you win, that means you're entitled to your belt. Game over.
Anyway to my point, here's a redux of the level divisions with the 200 division fix in mind:

0-40 Newbie Champion
41-70 Featherweight Champion
71-100 Light Champion
101-150 Medium Champion
151-200 Heavy Champion
200-250 Elite Champion
300+ Undisputed Champion
(cropped off the "weight" from all the belt titles minus featherweight; sounds a little odd when you have more than a few classes)
L1ndaP
Good morning, Captain.

Post by L1ndaP »

I too think past winners should be able to defend their titles, and get a belt again if a winner.

I too think the above 200 needs to be reworked, there is a lot of players in that level now and a wide gap between 200 and the top player. No other catagory spans that many levels. Maybe above 300 shoud be a catagory.

The rules do need to be standardized so this debate doesn't come up every year, set rules and then there is no debate.
Kendal Kaelyn Stryker
Stinger

Post by Stinger »

Raiden wrote:The old topic I wrote for the last tourney should still be around here somewhere.
I can't find it with the search; I think Egg deleted it when he cleaned up the forums.
Bk

Post by Bk »

Stinger wrote:Hmm, would IZH fall under "SUPER CHEAP mage tactics?"
IZH doesn't work on players, but even if it did, it sucks so much now, you'd be dead by a rat before you actually put anyone to sleep :\
Zilverlight

Post by Zilverlight »

Stinger wrote:Hmm, would IZH fall under "SUPER CHEAP mage tactics?"
By SUPER CHEAP mage tactics he means AEP/XC/AEP/XC/AEP etc. and XJ/Xc/XJ/XC...

When you spam either AEP or XJ, that's considered SUPER CHEAP. Rules against that are required.
It's the same thing as in a boxing match, one boxer takes a rope and ties the other guy up THEN beats his ass. Just isn't fair.
Desmond (AKA: Rurik)
Eclips
egg has really fucked this game up :(

Post by Eclips »

Keeping a person AEPed non stop is cheap, but lets take away your defense, AS, and enchanted weapons and see how well you fight. AEP and XJ aren't cheap, its part of what makes a mage a mage.