Tournament

"EUO - Further evidence that Diabloesque games kill real role-playing games."

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Stinger
I'd laugh if I saw a centaur IRL

Post by Stinger »

If X-mas bon-bons still work, they need to be banned.

"Oops, I'm losing." KABOOM!!! :smile:
Onyxt
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by Onyxt »

Stinger wrote:If X-mas bon-bons still work, they need to be banned.

"Oops, I'm losing." KABOOM!!! :smile:
Those stopped working like a week after xmas
BlackMageJr

Post by BlackMageJr »

Seriously, act like an adult on this matter.
Seeing as how a majority of the playerbase is under 18... X-D

Anyway, I don't see why everyone is complaining about what should and should not be allowed. Certain things should obviously be banned from a tournament (glass weapons), but not everything. AEP and XJ are a mage's main defense against ANYTHING, monster or player. Restricting a mage's bread and butter spells from any fight is like giving a fighter/rogue a stick and saying "Here, defend yourself from this tank that's about to run over you." If you can hit me with your dual wielded blackrock rondels +8 for 20 some odd damage every .5 seconds, I'd like to have some kind of defense to be able to run and hide or heal so I can devise another strategy.

Basically, XJ & AEP combo is a strategy. Using your addy +6 defense gear is a strategy. Using an XJ/AEP rondel combo is a strategy. Everything comes down to strategy. If you can't outwit your opponent, whatever the case may be, then you don't deserve to win.

Sorry, I know this is late but I had to share.
Zilverlight

Post by Zilverlight »

Raiden wrote:
Someone who cannot obviously read wrote:
Don't be a little bitch dude. health scrolls should be banned because for some classes (41-70) some players will be level 48, some will be level 50, close matchup right? Except the 50 can use a RHS. 71-100? same thing, 71 char vs 76 char, the lv 76 can use a GHS. Not to mention it's artificial health, which a few people are objecting to.

Other scrolls (SL) should be banned if invisibility and stealth are going to be banned (which people were saying it should be, jackass, read the facts before you start calling people retards) because incase you didn't know, SL casts invisibility.

KPY/KOP scrolls, you seriously gonna allow people to be teleporting all over the place? That's the same problem as casting SL and running away to meditate, you teleport away to far corner of the map and then meditate, or you go somewhere that the judge can't see and use something forbidden.

God, you're like a little 5 year old. I get enough of that as it is without having to worry about people on EUO.
"Seeing as a majority of the population is under 18..."
Not quite true, most of the population of EUO have families of their own.
And just because you're under 18 doesn't mean you can't act like an adult. Friends of mine were about 15 or 16 and were already preparing for college and having their own lives. Age doesn't mean anything (unless you're like 10, then I don't expect you to be acting like a 20 year old)
Desmond (AKA: Rurik)
Zilverlight

Post by Zilverlight »

Fine, I understand where ya'll are coming from. Might as well be the better man everyone else refuses to be. I have no further comments on the XJ/AEP situation.
Desmond (AKA: Rurik)
Rusty76
Posting from my ass computer.

Post by Rusty76 »

KPY doesn't work in the arena so KOP/KPY it isn't an issue. Blink/cyans don't work either.
Heikki
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

Post by Heikki »

2) AEP and XJ should be allowed, it's a VERY effective tactic, either that, or we'll just run around XCing and stuff, and unless you've got ranged weps, you ain't gonna be hitting us alot.
nope.. It is not tactic.. Just over power cheese in pvp.

If khakis and glass weps are banned then XC, AEP and XJ allso should be banned ;)
Reg Heikki, Pyttipannu, Nappo
PD Soturi R.I.P , Taikuri, Rosvo

Joke of day:
A skeleton walks into a bar - orders a beer and a mop
Heniek
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Heniek »

Lets ban also VOG, XMP, VF, OG and VAM. Mages using only AM and GP definitely won't be considered as "overpowered" :smile: XJ and AEP is definitely not an overpowered pvp cheese(as well someone could say that rogues/fighters special attack are overpowered as well, and they should be banned), it's just a tactic, on which there is simple counter tactic. And actually Heikki you're last one who should complain here, with all that uber MR stuff you have :smile:

However I would ban two things more - healing wards and summons.
It's always funny until someone gets hurt. Then it's just hilarious.

Heniek, Macros, Reptile [reg]
Undertow, Macros, Khelavaster, Reptile, Burn [PD]
Aristarch
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Post by Aristarch »

Let's ban all the weapons(including fists) and offensive spells altogether. We'll just stand staring at each other in the Arena and whoever lasts the longest wins.
Foul beast approaches?!
Chedich
on lolpatrol

Post by Chedich »

Wouldn't healing wards heal both players? So they'd be pretty useless anyways.
Bk

Post by Bk »

Heniek wrote:Lets ban also VOG, XMP, VF, OG and VAM. Mages using only AM and GP definitely won't be considered as "overpowered" :smile:
Hell yea. I mean you cast MUCH faster with GP than you do XC, and most people would be hitting like 60 :D, Then it'd be like fighting with a Long Sword that does the same dmg as a claymore ^.^
Stinger
I'd laugh if I saw a centaur IRL

Post by Stinger »

Okay, let's face it. All classes can do things that might be considered cheesy in PvP. Rather than ban everything, why not let people figure out ways to deal with these things. JX and AEP were allowed in the last tournament, and everything went okay. Why not just let the organizers figure out what the rules should be, instead of arguing about it endlessly.
akioka
I'll be going back to Tibia next week.

Post by akioka »

Hello all
how about class tornament? which is categolized mage, rogue and figher. (if someone already posted it , Im sorry)
and Ultimate Free Class (any level and any class also any tactics and weap and tricks)

waht do you think?
If you see a croc, do not forget screem.