Tournament

"EUO - Further evidence that Diabloesque games kill real role-playing games."

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Bk
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by Bk »

Zilverlight wrote:
Stinger wrote:Hmm, would IZH fall under "SUPER CHEAP mage tactics?"
By SUPER CHEAP mage tactics he means AEP/XC/AEP/XC/AEP etc. and XJ/Xc/XJ/XC...

When you spam either AEP or XJ, that's considered SUPER CHEAP. Rules against that are required.
It's the same thing as in a boxing match, one boxer takes a rope and ties the other guy up THEN beats his ass. Just isn't fair.
Then why in hell would it work in PvP if it wasn't meant to be use? X-D IZH and INH don't work in PvP, but IZH would be a bit over powered (Well except now it'd suck), and INH isn't really usefully honestly, who uses it anyways...

I say, either get MR, or don't put a Rouge/Fighter in the tourney :D
Zilverlight

Post by Zilverlight »

Eclips wrote:Keeping a person AEPed non stop is cheap, but lets take away your defense, AS, and enchanted weapons and see how well you fight. AEP and XJ aren't cheap, its part of what makes a mage a mage.
With MR 542 (my new best that I can find) You seriously think that's going to keep me safe from AEPs from Raiden? I'm sure with his high int, it'll easily hold me there for 3 seconds which is enough time to keep my AEP'd. XJ actually lasts LONGER. "Take away your defense, AS, and enchanted weapnos and see how well you fight." That's what I'm saying. When you AEP someone, you're taking away their enchanted weapons and AS, when you XJ someone, you're taking away their defense and AS and limiting their enchanted weapons to basically what? 1 attack every 5 seconds? I'm not against 1 AEP or 1 XJ, but when you start casting it repeatedly everytime the affect is over, that's when I'm going to just quit. Hell, I won't fight a mage in open PvP (outside on continent) if they cast AEP more than twice within 5-6 spells. I'll just log off. Not going to deal with people if they're going to act that way. How bout you go PvP outside nordhaven and let me use an orange pot on you repeatedly while we're fighting... actually, that's not a bad idea. You won't enjoy it will you? After about the 15th time you're going to be like "Ok, he can stop now." and then after the 30th time you'll be like "That's it one more time and I quit." Then you'll log off... log back on and I'll start doing it AGAIN. Well, by that time you'll be like "God damit!" Log off and log back onto another character that's not neaby or not PvP and start telling me to A: Fuck off! or B: STOP IT! and expect me to listen, which of course I will because I don't want to start an all out flamewar on global because lets face it, when you're that pissed off you want the world to know what, and why.

Original post started with "Not getting into a fight with this. Just speaking my part." and I had to go back and erase that because this IS going to start a fight and you ARE going to start criticizing everything I say.
Desmond (AKA: Rurik)
Aristarch
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Post by Aristarch »

I wonder if making it so target could only be aep'ed or xj'ed after the previous hex is gone would help? It wouldn't seriously affect hunting and would give a player target a moment to step away from caster. Maybe the spell effect could slightly vary randomly in duration, so caster wouldn't know precisely when to cast another spell?
Foul beast approaches?!
Heniek
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Heniek »

I agree with Eclips, AEP and XJ in pvp aren't cheap. The solution is simple(however some people don't like it): get more MR. If target has a lot of MR, it's not really worth for a mage to try XJ/AEP, because it can fail even several times in a row, and in that time opponent can easily kill you. Rurik, yes, high level mage probably will break your 500+ MR, but you won't be in same class as Raiden, so really there is no reason to complain.

As for rules, I think that healing wards should be also forbidden.
It's always funny until someone gets hurt. Then it's just hilarious.

Heniek, Macros, Reptile [reg]
Undertow, Macros, Khelavaster, Reptile, Burn [PD]
Heikki
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

Post by Heikki »

Some rule advanges (some mentioned before)
Lets ARGUE :P:

1) Khaki pots ban for fighters and rogues
2) AEP And XJ ban for Mages
3) 5 x Mega/greater potion (any)
4) Glass wep ban for rogues/fighters
5) Invisible ban for all players
6) No horses (Arena?)

...............OR FREE FOR ALL!
All tricks allowed :P
Reg Heikki, Pyttipannu, Nappo
PD Soturi R.I.P , Taikuri, Rosvo

Joke of day:
A skeleton walks into a bar - orders a beer and a mop
gendergerm
I'll be going back to Tibia next week.

Post by gendergerm »

Going back to the subject of Champ's belts, it seems to me that it would make sense to just have one unique belt for each division, and not hand out new belts to new winners.
If the same person that won last year wins again they get to keep the belt, if not, then they hand it over to the new champ in the appropriate division. Kinda like how real boxing and wrestling titles work.
This way the belts keep their unique, coveted status and the champion gets proper bragging rights. Egg or someone could even make a tourney hall of fame or something, updated each year (or whenever there is a new tourney).
For what it's worth, i also think that if you aren't allowed to hide and/or go invisible then it's pretty pointless for a rogue to enter the tourney.
Which bugs me cuz Haxor is my highest lvl alt and is a rogue :mrgreen:
'Silence goes faster backwards'
-Orpheus
Stinger
I'd laugh if I saw a centaur IRL

Post by Stinger »

Heikki wrote:2) AEP And XJ ban for Mages
Uh, then no enchanted weapons AEP or JX :uhh: .
Heikki wrote:4) Glass wep ban for rogues/fighters
And mages.
Heikki wrote:6) No horses (Arena?)
Horses can only be used on the continent.
Zilverlight

Post by Zilverlight »

LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON Stinger responded to the glass weapons and horses as I was planning on.

Heniek, let me say it again. Take a boxing match, one boxer takes a rope and ties up the guy. There you go.

I think AEP/XJ should be banned.

Also Heniek, no, you're right any mage I will encounter in my weightclass I should be able to kill easy. I actually started ranting on about outside of the tourney for a second... not going any further because people are jumping on me about it now.

Khaki pots banned for mages too. Unless egg changed it, mage can put on a venomous labrys + 8 and use a khaki and still do the cleaving.

As for Champs defending their title and having to give up their belt if they lose, some champs may have moved on to the next weight class. Would they have to give up their belt to the winner of the one they were in last time? (probably should, if they lose, then they shouldn't get to keep the belt, if they win in their new weightclass, they get another belt.)
Bk

Post by Bk »

gendergerm wrote:Going back to the subject of Champ's belts, it seems to me that it would make sense to just have one unique belt for each division, and not hand out new belts to new winners.
If the same person that won last year wins again they get to keep the belt, if not, then they hand it over to the new champ in the appropriate division. Kinda like how real boxing and wrestling titles work.
This way the belts keep their unique, coveted status and the champion gets proper bragging rights. Egg or someone could even make a tourney hall of fame or something, updated each year (or whenever there is a new tourney).
I do believe it is like this already.
gendergerm wrote:For what it's worth, i also think that if you aren't allowed to hide and/or go invisible then it's pretty pointless for a rogue to enter the tourney.
Which bugs me cuz Haxor is my highest lvl alt and is a rogue :mrgreen:
Honestly, what is the chance of you 1. getting a Backstabb off, 2. Getting it off on a moving target, AND 3. The person (if mage) NOT casting WQ..

This in point basically shows no use for a rogue to Hide during a fight, BS don't happen alot in PvP, Hitting a moving target would be a challenge in itself, and You will probably just get Revealed.

Here's what I say:
1) Nothing artifical. ie. Khakis for artifical rage, Scrolls for artifical health and immunities. Purple pots is an exception though, they should be allowed.
2) AEP and XJ should be allowed, it's a VERY effective tactic, either that, or we'll just run around XCing and stuff, and unless you've got ranged weps, you ain't gonna be hitting us alot.
3) If AEP and XJ were to be taken out, then it's only fair not to allow XJ and AEP enchanted weps.. RIGHT?
4) Yellows and Blue pots are okay to have.
5) No glass weapons, PERIOD
6) I'd have to say invis is possile, BUT monitors of the fight should use a Truesight to make sure they dont hide and run to med or something, I could see using SL as and advantage on a fighter or rouge to SL and get away to start XCing again, but SLing and meding is kinda a cheap way to get out of a fight.
Onyxt

Post by Onyxt »

Ok this is plain and simple, get MR if you dont want to get XJed or AEPed, you cant? Stfu, its a mage spell its allowed. Thats like saying a fighter cant use his addy set, cause the def is a cheap tactic, or a rogue cant dual wield cause its cheap.
Zilverlight

Post by Zilverlight »

How bout we don't incorporate the words "STFU" into this? Seriously, act like an adult on this matter.

Addy Armor is available to everyone, as mages can get darkweave gi + 6 and wield a blackrock tower + 6
Every class can dual wield.
Yes everyone can get an XJ/AEP weapon, but lets face it, with people selling theirs for 500k not everyone can afford it.
I pesonally have found 1 enchanted weapon all my years playing. Spear of Cloning. That was it, I personally have found... actually, none of the items I wear now. I had to buy everything I wield now based off what was the cheapest or easiest to get.

You don't see rogues or fighters with scrolls of AEP or XJ, otherwise i'd be spamming those on you guys like mad to see how you're gonna fight it.

Haxor, BK is right, if you fight a mage you're going to want a ranged kit. Mages move around FAR too much to beat them with melee tactics, you have to take out a shortbow or something and just stand in one spot shooting them. If you move, you have to wait a second before you can shoot again, so if they run, it's pointless to follow (needs to be fixed.)
Bk

Post by Bk »

Zilverlight wrote:Haxor, BK is right, if you fight a mage you're going to want a ranged kit. Mages move around FAR too much to beat them with melee tactics, you have to take out a shortbow or something and just stand in one spot shooting them. If you move, you have to wait a second before you can shoot again, so if they run, it's pointless to follow (needs to be fixed.)
Actually, I'd recommend a Long Bow or Crossbow. SBs seem to be not so accurate, and hit low dmg, but Longbows seem more accurate, and hit a little better dmg, but a bit slower, while Crossbows, just plain and simple, KICK ASS. They are basically ranged Claymores... I actually use crossbows more, seem much more accurate than a SB and deals much more dmg.

Even though some ppl would complain:
But I can shoot 5 arrows with my SB compared to 1 with your Xbow...
O YEAH, you missed with 3 arrows and only hit for a 12 and a 15, I hit you once and got a 74 crit, BITCH!

See, Xbows are much cooler :D

Edit: Actually, since you ppl don't like mages using XJ and AEP, well we will, but I'll help you guys out that don't know what to do Lol.

1) Wear as much MR gear as you can, or stock up on lotz of str/dex gear... NO DEF.
2) Best choice in weapon is Ranged, but fighters, something that deals heavy dmg.
3) Best tint for weapon would be Barbed (Won't Be able to heal), Addled (Will cause us to fumble spells), BR (More dmg is always nice), Venomous (We won't be worried about casting AN, and that first hit with veno is pretty good dmg usually).
4) NO VAMPYRIC weapons. Seriously, I hit you with a 100+ dmg XC, you hit me for like 50 dmg within a few seconds, and I hit you again, Your not going to get your health back up with Vamp weapons, Stick to more tactical tints and yellow pots.
5) Best (I would say) Is probably (using average weapon +s):
~~Barbed Xbow +4
~~Full Studded +3 MR, if you can get (I don't know if it still does, but I think Blackrock gave a bit more MR? maybe)
~~No shield cuz your using Xbow, UNLESS you can get your hands on a Barbed Sling possibly...

So that'd be nice ranged wep that will cause bleeding, NOT only with special, but also by chance.
Also 8 (or 9 if have a sheild) +3MR items, that will give a bonus of 120 more MR? And if that's be best you can use with your lvl, then that's fairly good, But if you can use better than +3 MR and 4 weps, then I'd recommend getting better.
Onyxt

Post by Onyxt »

Zilverlight wrote:Addy Armor is available to everyone, as mages can get darkweave gi + 6 and wield a blackrock tower + 6
Every class can dual wield.
You obviously did not get my point Zilver, I'm saying there are certain things each classes have, and they should not be nerfed during a competition of strength and wits, just because not everyone can afford or find good gear.
Stinger

Post by Stinger »

I think orbs should be allowed, even though they do provide "artificial" bonuses, because they use up a slot.
Zilverlight wrote:How bout you go PvP outside nordhaven and let me use an orange pot on you repeatedly while we're fighting... actually, that's not a bad idea. You won't enjoy it will you? After about the 15th time you're going to be like "Ok, he can stop now." and then after the 30th time you'll be like "That's it one more time and I quit." Then you'll log off... log back on and I'll start doing it AGAIN. Well, by that time you'll be like "God damit!" Log off and log back onto another character that's not neaby or not PvP and start telling me to A: F- off! or B: STOP IT! and expect me to listen, which of course I will because I don't want to start an all out flamewar on global because lets face it, when you're that pissed off you want the world to know what, and why.
Ah, that reminds me, orange potions need to be disallowed or limited.
Raiden

Post by Raiden »

Well this has certainly veered off topic. The point of this thread was to determine if and when there will be another tournament. Not argue over what YOU think the rules should be. If you want to debate about it post your point and your reasons why its a good decision, and stop fighting like special education kids.

Some of my ideas:
-Ban XJ/AEP for mages? Ok let's ban the axes and longswords for fighters! (Just doesn't make sense, MR is the solution if you dont want to be hassled by either)
-Glass weapons have and always will be banned
-New winners should get new belts, because not everyone is going to stay level 101-150 for their EUO career for example.
- There's an avatar animation for sleep so if you used more than 3 potions the ref would know, and/or we could decide you can only use 3 potions per round (which you have to decide healing potions, or offensive)

Seeing as I ran the old tournament, I will post the old rules to use as a standard.

-Each match must have one referee or 2 credible witnesses to watch.
-Each match consists of 3 rounds, best of the 3 wins.
- 3 healing or restorations potions allowed per round (3 for each round, so 9 total if you last all the rounds)
-5 of each scroll allowed per round
-No khaki pots
-No glass weapons
-No adamantium armour
Zilverlight

Post by Zilverlight »

Ban summons?
Which scrolls are banned? you said 5 of each, does that mean i can use protection scrolls, Sanct scrolls, SL scrolls, or GHS scrolls? what about KPY scrolls on some corner of the arena and carry 5 KOP scrolls. Be more exact and don't generalize things as vast as scrolls.

Not arguing anymore, I got my reason across. and it's never going to end until someone ends it for us.
jumpstart
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

Post by jumpstart »

Let the people who organized it last time, do it this time also. They did very well.
~Mario
IAmBatMan
Here for the lesbians.

Post by IAmBatMan »

Last time it was me, Rush, and Raiden
Lenocium est non facile.
Raiden

Post by Raiden »

Someone who cannot obviously read wrote:Ban summons?
Which scrolls are banned? you said 5 of each, does that mean i can use protection scrolls, Sanct scrolls, SL scrolls, or GHS scrolls? what about KPY scrolls on some corner of the arena and carry 5 KOP scrolls. Be more exact and don't generalize things as vast as scrolls.

Not arguing anymore, I got my reason across. and it's never going to end until someone ends it for us.
Listen, that means you can have 5 of EACH scroll. Whatever types you want to use as you please. So please, do not nitpick what I wrote when it's clearly understandable. Summons weren't banned. And no scrolls were banned.
Bk

Post by Bk »

Stinger wrote:I think orbs should be allowed, even though they do provide "artificial" bonuses, because they use up a slot.

Ah, that reminds me, orange potions need to be disallowed or limited.
Orbs aren't much of a problem, they are basically 'gear' so they'd be okay.

Oh SHIT.. what about enchanted cheese, or does that affect HP when you gain the extra str?