Maces

"EUO - Further evidence that Diabloesque games kill real role-playing games."

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Bk
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Maces

Post by Bk »

Maces need a new fix'n up. I'm pretty sure that they have been nerfed before, but they aren't too good atm.

I just wanted to start a discussion on Maces to see what other think.

I know maces do good dmg, but arent worth it compared to the largest selection (swords).

Maces should do a bit more dmg, OR atleast speed them up a little.

Thunderclap is sorta useless, but I was thinking maybe replacing Thunderclap with a more suitable special. Keep the name, but change the effect. Like seeing that a Mace weapon is basically a rock on a stick that you swing at people/things, I was thinking that maybe Thunderclap could be changed to make the special a HEAVY atk. Say 4 -6 x's Dmg on a monster. This is basically Flurry, Except in one swing, not six. I'd love to see this atleasted tried out.

I'm not too creative, so some of you should post your ideas for what to do for maces... :lesson:
Rufio
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

Post by Rufio »

Bk wrote:Maces need a new fix'n up. I'm pretty sure that they have been nerfed before, but they aren't too good atm.

I just wanted to start a discussion on Maces to see what other think.

I know maces do good dmg, but arent worth it compared to the largest selection (swords).

Maces should do a bit more dmg, OR atleast speed them up a little.

Thunderclap is sorta useless, but I was thinking maybe replacing Thunderclap with a more suitable special. Keep the name, but change the effect. Like seeing that a Mace weapon is basically a rock on a stick that you swing at people/things, I was thinking that maybe Thunderclap could be changed to make the special a HEAVY atk. Say 4 -6 x's Dmg on a monster. This is basically Flurry, Except in one swing, not six. I'd love to see this atleasted tried out.

I'm not too creative, so some of you should post your ideas for what to do for maces... :lesson:
I agree. Maces should have a diffrent special other than thunderclap. Like Bk said "Thunderclap is sorta useless, but I was thinking maybe replacing Thunderclap with a more suitable special." Maybe blind/paralyze/hex for a couple of seconds? That would be great for fighters considering low level fighters arnt good at all. Anyone else have ideas for this special?
Rufio - Level 314 - Bloodkin - Mage
http://euotopia.com/plyr.php?p=Rufio&serv=reg
Chedich
on lolpatrol

Post by Chedich »

Rufio wrote: I agree. Maces should have a diffrent special other than thunderclap. Like Bk said "Thunderclap is sorta useless, but I was thinking maybe replacing Thunderclap with a more suitable special." Maybe blind/paralyze/hex for a couple of seconds? That would be great for fighters considering low level fighters arnt good at all. Anyone else have ideas for this special?
Blind/paralyze would work great, but hex? I think that might be a little overpowered.
Rufio
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

Post by Rufio »

It may be but it would be freakin cool. xD
Rufio - Level 314 - Bloodkin - Mage
http://euotopia.com/plyr.php?p=Rufio&serv=reg
Eidolon
I should probably get out more.

Post by Eidolon »

or keep the one hit IVPY effect and have them be confused for like 3 seconds (like the QAW spell i think it is) where they start attacking eachother then go back to attacking you. have the one that you hit definitely get confused, and maybe 1 space away from you like 60% chance of confusion, 2 spaces away 30% confusion, 3 spaces away 10% potential to confuse.
Bk

Post by Bk »

Eidolon wrote:or keep the one hit IVPY effect and have them be confused for like 3 seconds (like the QAW spell i think it is) where they start attacking eachother then go back to attacking you. have the one that you hit definitely get confused, and maybe 1 space away from you like 60% chance of confusion, 2 spaces away 30% confusion, 3 spaces away 10% potential to confuse.
This would be a nice improvement, but still, maces are heavy bludgeon weapons, why not just a 3-5 X Dmg crit, then a 'pause' by everything in a two square radius from the hit? Even other players, but not a long pause, but like 1 - 2 seconds.
Chedich
on lolpatrol

Post by Chedich »

Bk wrote: This would be a nice improvement, but still, maces are heavy bludgeon weapons, why not just a 3-5 X Dmg crit, then a 'pause' by everything in a two square radius from the hit? Even other players, but not a long pause, but like 1 - 2 seconds.
That'd be overpowered, or at least I think it would. I like Eidolon's idea, btw.
Onyxt

Post by Onyxt »

Chedich wrote:
Bk wrote: This would be a nice improvement, but still, maces are heavy bludgeon weapons, why not just a 3-5 X Dmg crit, then a 'pause' by everything in a two square radius from the hit? Even other players, but not a long pause, but like 1 - 2 seconds.
That'd be overpowered, or at least I think it would. I like Eidolon's idea, btw.
Thats just like the original stun move but amplified, so I doubt it'd even go in
BlackMageJr

Post by BlackMageJr »

One of two possible ideas.

Idea one: Change Thunderclap to something similar to flurry. Imagine for a second that you're in a battle swingin' your mace at enemies and you take it and spin, smacking every enemy adjacent to you. It would be just a single, more powerful hit on each monster, then you go back to your swingin' away at one enemy. Not really much of an idea, but it'd be a little bit better than a hit-or-miss confusion tactic with thunderclap.

Idea two: Change Thunderclap to something like a single focused attack, with a guaranteed chance to stun it's victim. The length of time that it would stun it's victim would be based upon the str of the weapon and the str of the wielder. No less than 2 seconds, but no more than 5.
Bk

Post by Bk »

Chedich wrote:

It wouldn't be overpowered to just do a better crit, as long as it is followed up with a pause, I guess stun, for everything adjacent for like 2 seconds. Within two seconds you can prolly get off like 2-4 hits maybe, and if this is considered overpowered, take into consideration that a flurry is basically the same, you do 3-6 (I think) hits within like .25 seconds, which is basically the same as One hit that is multiplied by 3-6, so this wouldn't be too overpowered, only thing is you'd have a pause afterwards, but with Flurry, you go straight from flurry to attacking again, so in this case, I'd have to say Flurry is overpowered. :\

BUT I made this thread for possibly improving mace special, so I don't want alot of ppl talking about flurry here, even if it's my fault I brought it up...
Stinger
I'd laugh if I saw a centaur IRL

Post by Stinger »

Bk wrote:3-6
More like 1-6
BK wrote:BUT I made this thread for possibly improving mace special, so I don't want alot of ppl talking about flurry here, even if it's my fault I brought it up...
Err :uhh: