Spiderkeys: STOP STEALING HUNTING SPOTS.

"EUO - Further evidence that Diabloesque games kill real role-playing games."

Moderator: EUO Moderators

LaughingCoyote
egg has really fucked this game up :(

Spiderkeys: STOP STEALING HUNTING SPOTS.

Post by LaughingCoyote »

This is the third time that I've had you go into Mino Halls while I was in the process of taming minotaurs and refusing to leave when asked.

The first time was understandable as Mino Halls is pretty popular, and its easy to mistake that the map is unused when the respawn rate is so quick, so I left.

The second time was annoying... and I stupidly decided to lure minos to annoy you in return... which I admit was acting childishly.

I'm sorry, I should have just complained to a GM instead.

But this is the last straw, Spiderkeys, will you please stop stealing hunting grounds when it is obvious that someone else is using it and doesn't want you to be there.

There are plenty of other maps with minotaurs in them. If there is someone using the map already, you can train in them instead. Try Netherterra or River's End.
Eclips

Re: Spiderkeys: STOP STEALING HUNTING SPOTS.

Post by Eclips »

You're not the only one with this problem, i've seen other people complaining that hes stealing minos over global. Then he starts fagging up global with " OMFG I'm better than you noob!!!! You Suck, I'm right you're wrong. Fagupglobal fagupglobal fagupglobal." What a douche.
Chedich
on lolpatrol

Post by Chedich »

I just love how he says "STFU, IF YOU'RE UNDER LVL 50 NOBODY CARES WHAT YOU THINK!" when he's under lvl 50 himself : :P
Skullybones
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by Skullybones »

Spiderkeys is my hero.
jumpstart
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

Post by jumpstart »

I hate anyone stealing hunting spots.
It happens to me too much.

Most people just go invisible and go past me without asking.
~Mario
Bk
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by Bk »

Quick way to fix this is to give every player a /jail, /kick or /ban command. :D A guy can dream can't he...
gendergerm
I'll be going back to Tibia next week.

Post by gendergerm »

Spiderkeys has ADHD. he blows my mind.
'Silence goes faster backwards'
-Orpheus
Sharingan
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Sharingan »

I don't see the big deal. With monsters spawning faster and with the new experience point splitting system, I see no problem sharing hunting grounds. I find you very selfish. So we're suppose to wait until get finished? Thats like hording a whole box of donuts and saying nobody eat until I get finished, even tho you can eat one at a time!!!

STOP COMPLAINING!!!
kusofthevalley
I used to bake rockcakes in my bakery.

Post by kusofthevalley »

I agree about sharing hunting grounds, but LC's point was also that Spiderkeys was killing his semi-tamed minotaurs, which is definately a no-no.

The rule about not going into hunting grounds where other folk are should still stand, but people should now be more willing to share.
Ugrog, EleganceBlade, Zelephereth, Polyphemus, Richard, LordHighgate, Quentin, Valley, ad infinitum
jumpstart
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

Post by jumpstart »

Sharingan wrote:I don't see the big deal. With monsters spawning faster and with the new experience point splitting system, I see no problem sharing hunting grounds. I find you very selfish. So we're suppose to wait until get finished? Thats like hording a whole box of donuts and saying nobody eat until I get finished, even tho you can eat one at a time!!!

STOP COMPLAINING!!!
Put it this way Shar.

What if you got the donuts first. And another comes and takes it without asking? Instead of asking "May I havee some donuts?" he just takes it.

That is the major concern.

It's like someone coming and stealing your hunting grounds, without asking if they can party up with you.
~Mario
Sharingan
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Sharingan »

jumpstart wrote: What if you got the donuts first. And another comes and takes it without asking? Instead of asking "May I havee some donuts?" he just takes it.

That is the major concern.

It's like someone coming and stealing your hunting grounds, without asking if they can party up with you.
Listen here. The way I see it in is you basically gain experience points per every hit. There are plenty to go around. Don't like it? Kill them off or deal with it.
Eclips

Post by Eclips »

While I see no problem with skipping to the pit when lower levels are hunting in the first couple floors of mino halls, its still not cool to steal someones hunting ground. I usually ask first, and then skip far enough ahead to where if they do make it more toward the pit, the monsters have completely respawned by then. Xp isn't the only thing you have to worry about losing with stealing hunting spots however. Once I was taking out a boss shadow mage in the tower in DF just to have Caedo come, get the last hit on the mage, steal its drop and then kill me. Sharing would be nice, but it should still be optional for the player who got there first.
Rusty76
Posting from my ass computer.

Post by Rusty76 »

If you are hunting in an area and someone comes along they have as much a right to hunt there as you do. However, you also have the right to kill them or lure monsters to kill them. If you dont want someone hunting in an area you are hunting in then deal with it, and if you can't then learn to share. That is the risk somone takes when the walk into someone else's hunting area. Things dont have to be this way though. People should show each other respect and come to agreement about hunting ground.
Zilverlight

Post by Zilverlight »

The common agreement Rusty is "I was here first, I don't want someone else to hunt with me (or I don't like you enough to hunt with you) and I want the full exp, so leave before i get a GM's help." Considering one of the rules is "Don't steal someone else's hunting spot. It's jailable." I'm sure everyoen's thinking that
Desmond (AKA: Rurik)
Bk

Post by Bk »

http://swut.net/euo/rules.htm wrote:THINGS THAT WILL GET YOU JAILED
Stealing hunting grounds is jailable
Stealing other players' hunting grounds is widely considered unethical. There are plenty of hunting places to choose from. If the monsters are gone, someone is or was there. If you bump into someone who clearly was there before you, you can ask if you can join them or their party, but don't tag along if you're not wanted.
Here.

This ends it here that NO ONE should be stealing spot, but at a minimum, ask to join the person who was there first.

The only thing I see that anyone who has a spot should do if someone comes in is to offer up a certain area that the current hunter isn't using. Like in DF, some people only go up as far as the end of the cave with the blues and minos, they could offer everything after that, or if someone came in DF and akioka was hunting in the Balron tower, he'd more than likely stay in the tower the whole time, so he can offer you the part with all the dragons, and possibly go down to the room with all the lava, reds, and ballies.

Other wise, no one should be stealing hunting spots at all... If so they need to get jailed, especially if they don't leave when they are asked, and keep stealing kills/items.
Zilverlight

Post by Zilverlight »

ok then, Next time you go hunting, tell me. I'm going to come in a steal your hunting spot and show you why that rule is in place. Actually, we don't even have to do it, let me describe it to you.

You're level 73 ok? You're going around minohalls, getting exp from your kills and hoping to get to pit. You're killing the large group of minotaurs on the third floor. While you're winning your fight (easily I might add) a level 26 mage comes into the third floor with 2 daemon summons and start killing everything. You ask "What level are you?" thinking you can just invite him and work together, but when he tells you he is level 26, you realize that if you partied with him, you wouldn't get full exp. So you're like, ok. I'll take pit, you can have mino halls. You hide and skip the rest ot minotaur halls and go to pit. Well, he comes up behind you yet again in pit. "Umm, I said I was taking the pit. Can you go back to minohalls please?" "No." and thus your hunting ground just got stolen. You can do 1 of 2 things, leave, or invite him. No exp, or less exp. If you leave and go somewhere else, what're you going to do if someone steals THAT hunting spot? What if none of them are PvP? What if the person who stole your spot is Spiderkeys, where you really hate him and don't want to party with him? You keep telling him to leave but he won't budge. The rules are placed here for a reason. This 'stupid' rule is the only thing keeping you from staying a low level forever with people stealing your hunting spots everyday, aside from the common courtesy that people should develope to just not do it.
Desmond (AKA: Rurik)
Sharingan
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Sharingan »

PFFT!!! We could keep arguing about this and it would get no where. What if your you were standing in line and somebody cut right in front of you? You going to telling "I WAS HER FIRST *WHINEWHINEWHINE*" ? He'd probably flicks you off and end of story. Are you going to have him arrested and put in jail for that?!

While I personally don't "steal" huntings I don't see the big deal.

DEAL WITH IT!!!!!

I think the person who started this thread should get jailed or banned.
L1ndaP
Good morning, Captain.

Post by L1ndaP »

I admit that is annoying to have someone just take over without asking if they can go on or what ever, but a lot of areas are big enough to handle more than one person. As for the rule, it was written a long time ago, way before the fast respawn rate started. People just need to be nicer wihen entering an area when someone is already there.

With all the nice drops that are happening and more people actually out there hunting, there isn't that many quality hunting areas for everyone. There is a need to share areas sometimes.
Kendal Kaelyn Stryker
Stinger
I'd laugh if I saw a centaur IRL

Post by Stinger »

Ken Oh wrote:
Zilverlight wrote:stuff
Sounds like you want to play a 1-player game.
So, you're saying that the fun of multiplayer games is having maps stolen from you? :P

I agree with BK, the person who was in the map first should have priority(sp?) over someone who just came in(unless they're reverse clearing, but that's another issue), but with the respawn rate there is no reason why the map can't be shared.

I don't understand why anyone would argue with that, unless they're stealing hunting spots. :uhh:
Bk

Post by Bk »

1. It's in the rules, so don't do it. Honestly if I made the rules and was a DM, I'd personally ban your acct for a few days for treating my morals like they don't matter, worse thing is your doing it on the forums, basically saying you don't give a damn.

2. So what if they are 'old', I actually looked at it and thought it was fairly new, but could have been updated withing the past 3+ years I've looked at it. But it doesn't matter; People still follow the Ten Commandments don't they?

3. I do see that a lot time it's best to share a ground, where the lower levels can have the low lvl stuff, and higher levels, the harder stuff, and not even worry about each other.

4. If there's not enough 'good' hunting grounds, ITS YOUR FAULT, your to lazy to stop complaining that you don't want to get off the forums or the game to go work in MapEd for about 15 minutes, You'll eventually make a good map that could be added maybe.

5. A possible idea is that for hunting grounds, whenever someone enter's, a check is sent to search for active clients inside the place, and a message in green show up saying something on the lines of, "So and so is/are hunting here." and also those who are present on the map, would have a message also display, saying, "So and so has just entered the map." Then the two/three or how ever many, are aware of each other, before a large conflict can be started, also would stop people from saying over global, "Who's in Mino Halls/DF/whatever?".. Only bug I can see is someone dies, has TP up, someone enters before guy resses and comes back, then when the guy comes back through TP, the 2nd player will be alerted, and think the first guy is stepping in on his ground, and a dispute can come out of who actually was there first, even though the first guy could be far into the place....

But hey, those who don't care need to be jailed before they even do it in my opinion. It's impudent to egg's rules, and those who actually follow them.