drops are crap thread

"EUO - Further evidence that Diabloesque games kill real role-playing games."

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Gulnar
on lolpatrol

Stuff not dropping

Post by Gulnar »

I'd like to see stat/MR/NV enchants on torso armours, and def enchants on other armours. I think these used to drop, but I could be wrong. I might've too busy enchanting my gear to notice before.

1. Torso armour drops are only +def. Other enchantment (+stat, +NV, +MR) torso pieces never drop.

2. Converse of 1. Boots, gloves, caps, leggings never drop with +def, only with the other enchantments.

Some other drop related stuff brought up previously by other people

3. Gold nuggets. I thought that these not dropping was a bug that was fixed, but it's been a long time since I've seen a monster drop a gold nugget.

4. Tinted armour drops. It would be nice if armour could drop in all possible tints. Currently, Cloth/leather armour is never tinted. Metal armour drops are never copper or gold.

5. Rejigger vigour drops. I would like to see vigour + at parity with the + on other stats. Currently, you find +2 vigour gear on bosses that drop +8 Int gear. I can't see any mage bothering with +2 vigour and giving up +8 int. Low vigour gear is garbage. I know vigour drops have always been lower than stat drops. If I'm not mistaken, when they typical low level stat drop went from +6 to +8, vigour drops were not recalculated. If vigour can't be brought to parity with stat drops, at least give a 25-50% boost to the current values.

6. Non-defense enchants on shields. I'd like to see stat/NV/MR shield drops. Caveat: I don't think mages should be using shields. Make a new item slot, "trinkets" for orbs, and make staves 2-handed again.

7. Rubies. Rubies are pretty rare, but needed for enchanting. Maybe rubies should drop? Might be better to replace the ruby with something more common in the enchanting recipe (uncharged soul shard, perhaps?)
kaiser's Tranos: The rulers of the aceint times lands, the most powerfull and feared carnovours, or whore they.
LaughingCoyote
egg has really fucked this game up :(

Post by LaughingCoyote »

Gauntlet drops are now always + AS ... I can't remember if this was always the case but it didn't matter when you could enchant def on them...
Dudle
on lolpatrol

Post by Dudle »

Once again people are asking for everything - and to nerf mages too...I dont understand...

Wasnt there a disscussion on wheather or not mage staves were one handed or not? And wasnt it decieded that there was alot of fantasy books, movies and such that supported that 'some' mages used shields and swords along side thier staff for close quarter combat?

Hence the change to make staves one handed - plus we dont get defense (or block) from shields unless we have something OTHER than a stave equipped.

Dudle
"I know that you knew that I know, but did you know I knew that you knew I know?" Cassanova Frankenstein 'Mystery Men'

"Buddah, Zeus, God...one of you guys do something!" & " Help Satan! You owe me!" - Professor Farnsworth 'Futurama'

"Hmm hmm hmm, when you do things right, people wont be sure you've done anything at all." Probably a computerized space probe that collided with 'God' 'Futurama'
Eclips

Post by Eclips »

I don't think asking for these drops is too much seeing as enchanting was for the most part taken out. Some tints and variety of items don't drop and the only way to make them was enchanting. I mean there are wands of transfer but who has enough of those to enchant yourself an entire studded leather set?
Dudle
on lolpatrol

Post by Dudle »

Yeah think i posted something like that...

'Possibly make drops more useful by having tints associated with weapon types...that go well together. Take feedback from players about weapon types... '

bit i dont know about this...there would have to be agreements on totally useless combos instead of which are the best...

Dudle
"I know that you knew that I know, but did you know I knew that you knew I know?" Cassanova Frankenstein 'Mystery Men'

"Buddah, Zeus, God...one of you guys do something!" & " Help Satan! You owe me!" - Professor Farnsworth 'Futurama'

"Hmm hmm hmm, when you do things right, people wont be sure you've done anything at all." Probably a computerized space probe that collided with 'God' 'Futurama'
Bk
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by Bk »

The thing I'd like to see changed the most would be the vigour above anything. Nothing pisses me off more than to kill a boss balron and get a damned +5 vigour item. :mad:

Aside from that, I think that certain monsters should have a higher chance of dropping a certain stat gain, with the exception of harder monsters like dragons, and balrons.

Such as:
--All mage monsters have a higher chance of dropping you vig and int gear

--All buffed up monsters (Goblin Bruisers, Mino Cheifs, Orc Brutes) have higher chance of dropping str gear, and possible med/heavy grade items.

--Regular monsters (Goblins, Minotaurs and Orcs) have higher chance of dropping dex gear.

--Leaving Balrons, Dragons, and Shadow stuff out, b/c then a fighter would want to kill a boss balron for + int stuff...

I don't think shields should be dropped with any stat gain or NV, but I think a MR Should would be good, and seems more realistic.

Orb's should stay as a sheild type items, adding another slot, and taking sheilds away from mages would just be giving righters and rogues and extra spot for that orb of power or w/e...
Eclips

Drop Reform

Post by Eclips »

I know people are very torn over drops and the economy of euo but there are a few problems that need to be addressed.

1. Tinted Rogue Armor doesn't drop. And now that enchanting is out, there is no new source of studded or boiled leather items with
+s.

2. Tinted UA pieces do not drop either. Right now you can't even find a single darkweave item on the merch search.

3. Unless you have vigour items from years past, vigour is useless now. Heavy vigour gear, and medium vigour gear I don't even think get used. Infact the general consensus around the game seems to be to go with as light as gear as possible because at higher levels speed becomes 100x more valuable than defense PVM anyway.

4. Tints and enchants (excluding Blackrock/Diamond/Addy and maybe vampyric) on mages staffs are useless. They only take effect when you melee with them and no self respecting mage does melee attacks, let alone enough melee attacks to see any effect from the tint or enchant.

5. The mage artifacts aren't nearly as beneficial as a ebony or addy staff +6.

Possible fixes.

1. Throw out tinted stave drops (excluding BR/ Diamond and addy). This will get rid of useless items and make more useful drops drop more often.

2. Fix it so tinted UA/Rogue armor drops

3.Maybe enchanting could be changed or a new skill could be created to temporarily tint items. IE you use treated BR and whatever tools and your armor temporarily becomes tinted BR.
I know this is impractical, i'm just throwing out ideas.

4. Adjust the range of Vigour drops from what they are now so maybe +4 is the lowest. This only grants a 2 mana per tick bonus anyway.

5. Throw out vigour all together and make improved/greater/refined blue pots craftable.

Those are the only drop problems that I'm aware of, but thats only because I mostly play my mage and don't consider drops i find from a rogue/ fighter perspective. Anyone else know of any problems or possible fixes for drops?
conejito
I'll be going back to Tibia next week.

Post by conejito »

I definitely agree that all tints should be dropped.

However, I'm not sure that taking out vigour is the way to go. I like vigour, since it means I don't have to carry so many potions and I have more space for loot. I understand that that's not what everybody thinks, but that's the whole point of the game, variety and freedom of choice! :D
laz
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Post by laz »

conejito wrote:that's the whole point of the game, variety and freedom of choice!
Then why drop all tints? Just adds to the variety and freedom of choice...

:?
conejito
I'll be going back to Tibia next week.

Post by conejito »

laz wrote:
conejito wrote:that's the whole point of the game, variety and freedom of choice!
Then why drop all tints? Just adds to the variety and freedom of choice...

:?
When I said "drop all tints", I meant that all tints should be dropped by monsters, not that no tints should be dropped. :)
LaughingCoyote

Post by LaughingCoyote »

Eclips wrote:I don't think asking for these drops is too much seeing as enchanting was for the most part taken out. Some tints and variety of items don't drop and the only way to make them was enchanting. I mean there are wands of transfer but who has enough of those to enchant yourself an entire studded leather set?
I thought Wand of Transference only worked on weapons, not armour or jewellery...

Either way, it is either impossible to make new studded + gear and impossible to acquire one from drops, or very very hard to make them and impossible to acquire.

The alternative to reforming the drops would be to boost up the Wand of transferance so they either can be used for other items than weapons (if they dont already) or increase the rate at which they drop?
Stinger
I'd laugh if I saw a centaur IRL

Post by Stinger »

LaughingCoyote wrote:I thought Wand of Transference only worked on weapons, not armour or jewellery...
Yeah, it only works on weapons. I think Egg plans on expanding it, someday...
Eidolon
I should probably get out more.

Post by Eidolon »

please egg, I'm begging you to tinker around with drops. I rarely get tinted weapons. also with stat items.. balrons and shadow creatures (which should be dropping high end stuff seeing as the increased difficulty - especially with the higher AS necessary to hit them well) drop, and forgive me, garbage. with taking enchanting out, that makes pushes the weight of the game into a hunting game again but there are almost no rewards for it besides levels which take too long to get on reg without any incentive (loot that keeps you hunting).

please dont take this as just bitching.. i'm sure most everyone will agree with me.

or maybe my luck with loot is just absolutely horrible.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

my thoughts on items:

* magrock's (and others) +40 and up stat gear needs to be donated to the museum (bin) - it was obtained from the buggy magic merchant and it's been around too long

* put stat drops up to +32 - donate (or wipe) everything else in game over 32 - this is to create a level playing field

* bump up the lvl 100 no cap thing to 150 or more. stat req for +32 (using current formula) is 134.

* I'd like to see vamp scrapped or reworked to some other non hp restoring effect - TALK ABOUT IT IN THE MATERIALS/TINTS THREAD

* ench needs work, drops are inconsistant
Cirrus
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by Cirrus »

eggmceye wrote: * put stat drops up to +32 - donate (or wipe) everything else in game over 32 - this is to create a level playing field

* bump up the lvl 100 no cap thing to 150 or more. stat req for +32 (using current formula) is 134.
Sounds cool to me. :cool2: This means there will still be stuff I cannot use at level 100.
eggmceye wrote: * I'd like to see vamp scrapped or reworked to some other non hp restoring effect
Duel wielding vampy short swords does seem a bit overpowered. This also means that XMP weapons will be worth more.
Eidolon
I should probably get out more.

Post by Eidolon »

I definitely wouldnt mind giving up my high end stat gear if items started dropping up to +32 and they were actually obtainable. As for the upping the stat cap to 150 sounds reasonable (level 100 isnt too hard to get to, but 150 is getting to the tedious side of reg server - maybe on PD set it to 200 or even 250?). And as for vamp, ..that'd be kinda sad to see it go, maybe just have it a straight 20 or 25% hp return instead of the 10-40%(?) that it's at right now?

do you mind posting the formula for stat reqs?
jumpstart
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

Post by jumpstart »

eggmceye wrote:my thoughts on items:

* magrock's (and others) +40 and up stat gear needs to be donated to the museum (bin) - it was obtained from the buggy magic merchant and it's been around too long

* put stat drops up to +32 - donate (or wipe) everything else in game over 32 - this is to create a level playing field

* I'd like to see vamp scrapped or reworked to some other non hp restoring effect

* ench needs work, drops are inconsistant
I remember talking about the + 40 items in EUO. Some people say that it is not fair to newer players, because they can't get those items. It has even been debated to have a full item wipe (Which if wiped, I wouldn't play anymore).

But I agree with you are doing with those items. I guess it makes it more fair
~Mario
CIAassassin
Posting from my ass computer.

Post by CIAassassin »

The things I have noticed with drops:

1. Only reg/padded leather drops.

2. Only goldweave cloth drops. Not that it is a particularly BAD drop item, but when it drops (if is more likely as it is a rare drop) it seems to drop as collars or gloves. DW I have never seen dropped, I have only seen SW drop once in my two years of playing.

3. Defence + on arm/head/feet drops dont exist.

4. Lvl of mob to + is way off, a +5 weapon is alright from a dragon, but that drop from a bally is kinda lame. I would prefer a +3 barbed to a +5 plain weapon. Just too much risk for too little reward.

I would like to see those specific things looked at.

in regards to:
eggmceye wrote:* magrock's (and others) +40 and up stat gear needs to be donated to the museum (bin) - it was obtained from the buggy magic merchant and it's been around too long
PD item sweep. Something that I am going to officially go for. I have been watching the merchant boards and PD has been showing a few enchants, and addy weapons come up quite frequently. Most of the equipment that are around now are from before enchanting went out. It is time for a new round of equipment, and it needs to start from the ground up.
eggmceye wrote:* put stat drops up to +32 - donate (or wipe) everything else in game over 32 - this is to create a level playing field
see above.
eggmceye wrote:* bump up the lvl 100 no cap thing to 150 or more. stat req for +32 (using current formula) is 134.
would be a good thing to do, I would also like to see that with enchanted weapons. Why should an XMP vamp rond +8 be used at 100 with a +6 vampy?
eggmceye wrote:* I'd like to see vamp scrapped or reworked to some other non hp restoring effect.
I wouldnt like to see this go.
Eidolon wrote: ...that'd be kinda sad to see it go, maybe just have it a straight 20 or 25% hp return instead of the 10-40%(?) that it's at right now?
I wouldnt mind seeing it at 10-20% as a minimum. Attack speed is fast enough that would be a lot of health coming back in.
eggmceye wrote:* ench needs work, drops are inconsistant
The idea of a enchanting merchant has been said at some point.

viewtopic.php?p=53436&highlight=enchant ... hant#53436

that is my specific post about an enchanting merchant.
Rikimaru

"Oh, you're a lesbian? That's cool, I'm a lesbian trapped in a mans body, we should date."
Levagonn
Kodiak has probably banned me by now.

Post by Levagonn »

I agree.

I was hunting with TheOwls in the bally tower of DF and I got around 5 bally boss's, best drop was Scythe +6...

Bump up ballys + shadow monsters
Stinger
I'd laugh if I saw a centaur IRL

Post by Stinger »

Levagonn wrote:I was hunting with TheOwls in the bally tower of DF and I got around 5 bally boss's, best drop was Scythe +6...
Wow, some boss balrons I've fought dropped an amulet of dexterity +7 and a cursed leather tunic +3.