drops are crap thread

"EUO - Further evidence that Diabloesque games kill real role-playing games."

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Owls
I'll be going back to Tibia next week.

Post by Owls »

Got to love those vigour +4 drops from balrons too.
Cirrus
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by Cirrus »

Owls wrote:Got to love those vigour +4 drops from balrons too.
Those and the MR + 2 drops.
Rusty76
Posting from my ass computer.

Post by Rusty76 »

CIAassassin wrote:2. Only goldweave cloth drops. Not that it is a particularly BAD drop item, but when it drops (if is more likely as it is a rare drop) it seems to drop as collars or gloves. DW I have never seen dropped, I have only seen SW drop once in my two years of playing.
Neither goldweave nor silverweave cloth drops at all, except for spiked collars. I've never gotten one in all the time i've played. Cloth and leather gear never drops tinted, with the exception of spiked collars which can drop silverweave and goldweave and gloves which can drop venomous, vampyric and diamond.
Bk
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by Bk »

Ken Oh wrote:
eggmceye wrote:ench needs work, drops are inconsistant
While I think enchanting back in would be nice, players should get the most reward from actually playing the game. By that, I think drops should be the primary way of getting ench gear, but enchanting would be good as a back-up to make up for your mentioned inconsistency.

For example, if the odds of getting a ring of def +6 from a boss Shadow Warrior are, hypothetically, 1/50, then make it so when a boss Shadow Warrior drops more or less useless crap (scythe +8), these can be disenchanted to accrue something which can later be used in great quantity to enchant something you actually want, but at a rate more like 1/100-150. This way it's usually better to get the drop you're looking for, but you have another means to get it if you don't.

Note I wasn't around for original enchanting so I don't have the facts, but I imagine it was taken out because it was just too quick and easy to get good stuff. Make it so, to make good enchants, players would have to expend something that #1 needs to be in large amounts and #2 can only be gained from defeating the appropriate teer foes.
IF enchanting comes back, if this is even what egg is talking about, then I think it shouldn't be godly, ie. no enchanting enchanted weps, and limit stats to 15 like were, and weps to 6 max, and def to 4 max, that way, you can have your coloured weps, BUT there could still be better that isn't obtainable by HOURS of droping shards and disenchanting, and droping again, This keeps enchanting slightly useful to keep in stock good Tinted med grade gear, but also a use for hunting to find possible better gear, either that or no enchanting at all...

BUT THIS ISNT A THREAD TO TALK ABOUT ENCHANTING, LETS TAKE IT SOMEWHERE ELSE BEFORE YOU PEOPLE START POSTING MORE...

and I apologize for posting myself.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

no sockets, no old enchanting
Eidolon
I should probably get out more.

Post by Eidolon »

eggmceye wrote:my thoughts on items:

* magrock's (and others) +40 and up stat gear needs to be donated to the museum (bin) - it was obtained from the buggy magic merchant and it's been around too long

* put stat drops up to +32 - donate (or wipe) everything else in game over 32 - this is to create a level playing field

* bump up the lvl 100 no cap thing to 150 or more. stat req for +32 (using current formula) is 134.

* I'd like to see vamp scrapped or reworked to some other non hp restoring effect

* ench needs work, drops are inconsistant
alright, we all agree on the first 3 I think. I'm sure mag wont be happy abt losing all his amazing gear, but who cares. it'll help all of us.

i think attacking all 5 of these points for one patch is a bit overboard. can we work on the first 3 before attacking the ancient vamp vs every-other-tint dilemna and the enchanting problems? like get tints dropping more, have the +32 stat items, and get all the 32+ items in the museum.. THEN work on upgrading the other tints?

you eat an elephant one bite at a time.
Heikki
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

Post by Heikki »

it was obtained from the buggy magic merchant and it's been around too long
:shock: Those are from bug?

Then why they should not be wiped?
Reg Heikki, Pyttipannu, Nappo
PD Soturi R.I.P , Taikuri, Rosvo

Joke of day:
A skeleton walks into a bar - orders a beer and a mop
Aristarch
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Post by Aristarch »

I'd say leave the Magrock's items as they are, I like the feeling that I'm not ever going to obtain a legendary. Or am I?
Foul beast approaches?!
Stinger
I'd laugh if I saw a centaur IRL

Post by Stinger »

Can vigor drops be raised a little? They shouldn't be raised as high as stat drops, though; it seems like the lowest vigor drop should be +3 or 4.
Bk

Post by Bk »

KEEPING THIS ALIVE

So, egg, will we be seeing any changes in the near future??? Like love to know :D
Bugbo

Post by Bugbo »

Boss hydras still don't drop anything
IAmBatMan
Here for the lesbians.

Post by IAmBatMan »

hydras arent supposed to drop and general quality of drops has improved, you just need to hunt more to notice
Lenocium est non facile.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

I haven't changed anything yet.
IAmBatMan
Here for the lesbians.

Post by IAmBatMan »

odd, Spaz seems to have thought you had too, thats where I was gettin my thinking from.
Lenocium est non facile.
Rufio
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

Post by Rufio »

Dudle wrote:Once again people are asking for everything - and to nerf mages too...I dont understand...

Wasnt there a disscussion on wheather or not mage staves were one handed or not? And wasnt it decieded that there was alot of fantasy books, movies and such that supported that 'some' mages used shields and swords along side thier staff for close quarter combat?

Hence the change to make staves one handed - plus we dont get defense (or block) from shields unless we have something OTHER than a stave equipped.

Dudle
I agree you should be able to hold a sheild while in your main hand holding a staff but, no blocking.
Bugbo wrote:Boss hydras still don't drop anything
Couldn't you make this so ALL monsters drop? Dragons cant weild a weapon but they still drop.
Bk wrote:
Ken Oh wrote:
eggmceye wrote:ench needs work, drops are inconsistant
While I think enchanting back in would be nice, players should get the most reward from actually playing the game. By that, I think drops should be the primary way of getting ench gear, but enchanting would be good as a back-up to make up for your mentioned inconsistency.

For example, if the odds of getting a ring of def +6 from a boss Shadow Warrior are, hypothetically, 1/50, then make it so when a boss Shadow Warrior drops more or less useless crap (scythe +8), these can be disenchanted to accrue something which can later be used in great quantity to enchant something you actually want, but at a rate more like 1/100-150. This way it's usually better to get the drop you're looking for, but you have another means to get it if you don't.

Note I wasn't around for original enchanting so I don't have the facts, but I imagine it was taken out because it was just too quick and easy to get good stuff. Make it so, to make good enchants, players would have to expend something that #1 needs to be in large amounts and #2 can only be gained from defeating the appropriate teer foes.

IF enchanting comes back, if this is even what egg is talking about, then I think it shouldn't be godly, ie. no enchanting enchanted weps, and limit stats to 15 like were, and weps to 6 max, and def to 4 max, that way, you can have your coloured weps, BUT there could still be better that isn't obtainable by HOURS of droping shards and disenchanting, and droping again, This keeps enchanting slightly useful to keep in stock good Tinted med grade gear, but also a use for hunting to find possible better gear, either that or no enchanting at all...

BUT THIS ISNT A THREAD TO TALK ABOUT ENCHANTING, LETS TAKE IT SOMEWHERE ELSE BEFORE YOU PEOPLE START POSTING MORE...

and I apologize for posting myself.
Totally agree with Oh Ken.
Rusty76 wrote:
CIAassassin wrote:2. Only goldweave cloth drops. Not that it is a particularly BAD drop item, but when it drops (if is more likely as it is a rare drop) it seems to drop as collars or gloves. DW I have never seen dropped, I have only seen SW drop once in my two years of playing.

Neither goldweave nor silverweave cloth drops at all, except for spiked collars. I've never gotten one in all the time i've played. Cloth and leather gear never drops tinted, with the exception of spiked collars which can drop silverweave and goldweave and gloves which can drop venomous, vampyric and diamond.
I think we should be able to obtain these Darkweave and Goldweave drops just like we can obtain Copper and Blackrock plate.
Owls wrote:Got to love those vigour +4 drops from balrons too.
Stinger wrote:
Levagonn wrote:I was hunting with TheOwls in the bally tower of DF and I got around 5 bally boss's, best drop was Scythe +6...

Wow, some boss balrons I've fought dropped an amulet of dexterity +7 and a cursed leather tunic +3.
We should get rewarded better for killing a boss balrons. -.-
Eidolon wrote:I definitely wouldnt mind giving up my high end stat gear if items started dropping up to +32 and they were actually obtainable. As for the upping the stat cap to 150 sounds reasonable (level 100 isnt too hard to get to, but 150 is getting to the tedious side of reg server - maybe on PD set it to 200 or even 250?). And as for vamp, ..that'd be kinda sad to see it go, maybe just have it a straight 20 or 25% hp return instead of the 10-40%(?) that it's at right now?

do you mind posting the formula for stat reqs?
PD should have higher level requrements and be should be more powerful than regular classes. (Just because they have one life)

Rufio
Rufio - Level 314 - Bloodkin - Mage
http://euotopia.com/plyr.php?p=Rufio&serv=reg
Bk

Post by Bk »

I'd still love to see a possible "Test date" or release date of a patch to see the effects and differences if drops were increased, or atleast a word of assurance that this will occur sometime. :D
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

sooner than you think
Bk

Post by Bk »

eggmceye wrote:sooner than you think
Yay!